Jack Jackter Intermediate School's Physical and Health Education program promotes a variety of activities that will lead to a healthy life style. Emphasis will be placed on health and fitness goals needed for the enhancement of intellectual pursuits and interests of all students. The Physical and Health education program is based on the concept of providing differentiated instruction for all students. Our program will foster the growth and development of the individual child and provide the opportunity to pursue healthy and active lifestyle.
Physical and Health Education
• Learn skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities.
• Be physically fit
• Participate regularly in physical activity
• Learn the implications of and benefits from involvement in physical activities
• Understand and demonstrate the value of physical activity and its contributions to a healthful lifestyle.
• Provide all students with the knowledge and behavior to make informed decisions about their health
• Provide students with opportunities to learn and practice life skills and develop character traits for positive health behaviors
• Encourage student to solve health problems and think critically