Winter Sports 17-18 Registration is Open
Dear Athletes and Families:
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for our sports programs through partner company, FamilyID (www.familyid.com).
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
When you register through FamilyID, you enter your information once for multiple uses, multiple kids and multiple programs.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR SCHOOL ATHLETICS
PHYSICAL EXAMS: A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If the student’s physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Student ID #
- Doctor Information
- Health Insurance Information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link https://www.familyid.com/bacon-academy-athletic-department and follow these steps:
- Click on the link for the season’s registration form. Scroll to bottom of page and click on Sign up as a Family or Individual.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation and then fill out the information requested on the registration form. [Payment (if necessary) will be handled separate from on-line registration]
PAY TO PLAY FORM
If you need assistance, call Family ID at 888-800-5583 X1. Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
Bacon Academy Athletic Department
Athletic Registration Online for Bacon Academy Sports
Please be sure to update the grade you are entering for the 2017-2018 school year. Please call Family ID at 1-888 800 5583 with any problems/questions.
Athletic Academic Requirements:
In addition to all CIAC eligibility rules, Bacon Academy requires student-athletes to be passing a minimum of 5 classes excluding physical education courses (0945, 0946, 0941) for each marking period. This rule also pertains to fall sports which uses course grades rather than marking period grades. Click here to review recent changes to the academic standards for the class of 2016 and beyond.
There will be several games available on-line as part of the new NFHS Network at www.NFHSnetwork.com
Bacon Academy's Athletic Calendar is located here. Click on Bacon's opponent to get directions to the school.
CIAC Tournament Central: Your online place to go to stay up-to-date on Bacon sports. From the first day of the season to the day of the State
Championship, you can get all the schedules, results and up-to-the minute information in your web browser, sent to your inbox, or on your mobile device.
The following link provides a list of all Bacon Academy sports: Bacon Sports
CIAC Rules of Eligibility
ECC Website: http://www.eccathletics.org/
- Complete registration on-line using ID button at the top of this page.
- Student Athlete Handbook
- Complete CT Pre-Participation Sports Evaluation
- Important Sports Physical Letter regarding physicals no longer available at the school.
- All students that plan to participate in interscholastic sports must have a current physical on file in the nurse's office. The physical is valid for 13 months from date of completion. The blue physical assessment form is acceptable as a sports physical form. The physical forms can be obtained from the main office at Bacon Academy or on the district website. Please return the completed form to the nurse's office one week prior to tryouts. Do not turn in form to the coach.
- The district has adopted new medication policies, which are on the district website. Please note that students participating in interscholastic sports who will be self administering inhalers or epipens, need to have the medication order signed by the doctor, parent, and nurse. The completed medication form and medication needs to be signed off by the school nurse prior to notifying the coach regarding self-administering any inhalers or epipens. The medication forms can be obtained on the district website or Bacon Academy main office.
- Complete a Pay to Play Form.
Varsity Games Played at the High School
- Cross Country
Basketball and Volleyball play in Dave Shea Gymnasium - Spectator Parking is in the front of the school - enter through auditorium entrance.
Football, Soccer and Track play on the Football/Soccer/Track field - located in the back left of Bacon Academy - parking available.
Baseball, Softball, Tennis and X-Country play in the back right of Bacon Academy - parking available.
The following sports are played at McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
- JV Softball
- JV Baseball
Directions to McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
Rte. 395 to Rte. 2
Exit 18 - take a right
At second stop light, turn left
At next stop light, bear left
Turn right onto Old Hebron Road
McCarthy Field is 1/2 mile on the left - Chanticlair is 1/2 mile on the right
Wrestling holds all their matches at Jack Jackter Intermediate School. 215 Halls Hill Rd.