Athletic Registration Online for Bacon Academy Sports
All athletes that are participating in winter sports must register online (no more handing out and collecting emergency information sheets). Directions for online registration for Bacon Athletics are below. Physicals still need to be filed in the nurse’s office. Do not drop them off to the Athletic Director.
For a full CPTV Sports schedule of broadcasts this fall, including re-airings, visit http://ciacsports.com/site/?p=4494
There will be several games available on-line as part of the new NFHS Network at www.NFHSnetwork.com
Bacon Academy's Athletic Calendar is located here. Click on Bacon's opponent to get directions to the school.
NCAA Home Website: http://www.ncaa.org/
Any student athlete interested in participating in Division I or II sports must register with the NCAA clearinghouse. Please visit the NCAA Eligibility Center website for more information: www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Click here for more information on NCAA.
Click here to review recent changes to the academic standards for the class of 2016 and beyond.
CIAC Tournament Central: Your online place to go to stay up-to-date on Bacon sports. From the first day of the season to the day of the State
Championship, you can get all the schedules, results and up-to-the minute information in your web browser, sent to your inbox, or on your mobile device.
The following link provides a list of all Bacon Academy sports: Bacon Sports
New Athletic Academic Requirements for the 2012-13 School Year:
In addition to all CIAC eligibility rules, Bacon Academy now requires student-athletes to be passing a minimum of 5 classes excluding physical education courses (0945, 0946, 0941) for each marking period. This rule also pertains to fall sports which uses course grades rather than marking period grades.
CIAC Rules of Eligibility
Bacon Academy Sports:
Players will not be allowed to participate until they have an updated physical on file with the nurse and a General Policy of Athletes (side 1) and Emergency Information Card (side 2), see below, signed by both the parent and student. DO NOT RETURN THE EMERGENCY INFO CARD TO THE MAIN OFFICE. RETURN IT TO THE COACH AT THE FIRST PRACTICE.
ECC Website: http://www.eccathletics.org/
- Complete registration on-line using ID button at the top of this page.
- Student Athlete Handbook
- Complete CT Pre-Participation Sports Evaluation
- Important Sports Physical Letter regarding physicals no longer available at the school.
- All students that plan to participate in interscholastic sports must have a current physical on file in the nurse's office. The physical is valid for 13 months from date of completion. The blue physical assessment form is acceptable as a sports physical form. The physical forms can be obtained from the main office at Bacon Academy or on the district website. Please return the completed form to the nurse's office one week prior to tryouts. Do not turn in form to the coach.
- The district has adopted new medication policies, which are on the district website. Please note that students participating in interscholastic sports who will be self administering inhalers or epipens, need to have the medication order signed by the doctor, parent, and nurse. The completed medication form and medication needs to be signed off by the school nurse prior to notifying the coach regarding self-administering any inhalers or epipens. The medication forms can be obtained on the district website or Bacon Academy main office.
- Winter Pay to Play Form
Varsity Games Played at the High School
- Cross Country
Basketball and Volleyball play in Dave Shea Gymnasium - Spectator Parking is in the front of the school - enter through auditorium entrance.
Football, Soccer and Track play on the Football/Soccer/Track field - located in the back left of Bacon Academy - parking available.
Baseball, Softball, Tennis and X-Country play in the back right of Bacon Academy - parking available.
The following sports are played at McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
- JV Softball
- JV Baseball
Directions to McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
Rte. 395 to Rte. 2
Exit 18 - take a right
At second stop light, turn left
At next stop light, bear left
Turn right onto Old Hebron Road
McCarthy Field is 1/2 mile on the left - Chanticlair is 1/2 mile on the right
Wrestling holds all their matches at Jack Jackter Intermediate School. 215 Halls Hill Rd.