Colchester Public Schools are committed to establishing and maintaining strong parent-community-school partnerships to provide a safe, engaging, and effective learning environment to meet the unique needs of individual students. These partnerships are dedicated to promoting student well-being and the highest level of academic excellence measured by established performance standards and real-world applications. We commit to a comprehensive system of support to ensure the success of each and every student. BELIEF STATEMENTS
We believe that ....
- student engagement in a relevant, rigorous, creative learning environment where instruction and curricula are guided by ongoing, varied assessment is imperative for success;
- effective partnerships with responsive and timely communications between parent, community, and school are the key to student learning and civic responsibility;
- students, families, schools, and community are all responsible to ensure that every student succeeds, thrives, and contributes to our changing world;
- shared leadership creating a positive school culture that values and fosters mutual respect, collaboration, safety, and a sense of belonging is vital to learning.
In order to increase student learning, our goals are as follows:
- Students will achieve the standards of our rigorous, research-based curricula.
- Highly effective staff will be hired, supported, valued and retained.
- Students, staff, parents and community members will promote a positive school environment that fosters respect, safety and a sense of belonging.
- School-parent-community partnerships will continue to be developed, strengthened, and promoted.
- Communication between schools, parents, and the Colchester community will be improved.