CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
October 20, 2017
- Thank You for a Successful Fall Food Drive! Our CES community would like to thank all families who participated in donating and volunteering during our CES Fall Food Drive. Colchester Food Bank and Youth Services had shared with us that in total, 655 lbs of food was collected through our drive! We are proud to celebrate such a successful collection with everyone as we continue to demonstrate to our students how to practice care and kindness for our community as CES Difference Makers.
- PK & Kindergarten Reading Homework: We encourage our Preschoolers and Kindergarteners to make reading a part of their daily activities. Click here for information on Emergent Storybook titles and tips for adults when reading with children.
- Grades 1 & 2 Reading Homework: First and Second Graders are required to read for 20 minutes each night. Click here for information on Emergent Storybook titles and tips for adults when reading with children.
- CES PTO Box Top Collection Contest: CES PTO is looking for volunteers to assist with counting our Box Top collections. Please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ea4aa29a3f94-fall to look at available times to sign up.
- C3 Collaborative Problem Solving Workshop: C3 is offering a 4-part Collaborative Problem Solving workshop for Colchester families who can benefit from new ideas, skills, and approaches for kids with behavioral challenges. Click here for more information.
- Veterans Day Celebration: CES will be holding our Veterans Day Celebration on Wednesday, Nov. 8th at 9:00am. We invite students to bring in pictures of families members who are serving or have served amongst our Armed Forces. We also invite veterans and those presently serving to join us at the event to be recognized at the celebration. Click here for more information.
- CES PTO Family Game Night, Wednesday, November 8th: CES PTO will be holding our third annual Family Game Night at CES on Nov. 8th from 6-7:30pm! Pre-registration is required so please click here for the registration form to participate. Door sales will not be available at the event.
- Congratulations to our JJIS Paraeducator Karen Mylly: Mrs. Mylly was named Connecticut’s 2018 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year! Click here for photo.
- No School for Students: Tuesday, November 7th, Election Day
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 in the Bacon Academy Media Center at 7:00pm.
- Basketball! Colchester Youth Basketball Tryouts and Information: Schedule here and website link: http://www.colchesterbasketball.org/
- Bacon Academy Sleigh Bells Arts & Crafts Fair 2017! This year we have over 65 vendors selling handmade jewelry, corded baskets, wooden crafts, pottery, fudge, beaded crafts, handcrafted soaps, jams, teas, fine art photography, and so much more!!!! Save the date: Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 9am-3pm, at Bacon Academy, 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester. See you there :) See attached flyer !
- The Department of Children and Families needs foster families for children of all ages. Click here for flier with details. For more information, call 1-888-KID-HERO or visit our website link here.
- Recycling Fundraiser at Bacon Academy: Click here for details.
- Boy Scout Troop 13 of Colchester Fundraiser- Thursday, 11/9/17 : Click here for flier with details.
- Scarecrow Contest! Classrooms and students are welcome to enter a scene as a classroom or even as a school. Get creative and show off your talents by creating a scene on the town green for its Annual Scarecrow Contest! Click here for flier with details.
- Raffle to Benefit Bacon Academy Athletics: Friends of Football is sponsoring a raffle to raise money for Bacon Academy Athletics. 1st prize: 65" Smart XLED TV, 2nd prize: Apple iPad mini 4, 3rd prize: 2 tickets to Patriots v. Jets on 12/31/17. Tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased at football games, from Lynette Dimock or by emailing email@example.com.
- Camp Harkness Playgroup: Saturday October 21st, Saturday November 11th, & Saturday December 16th. There is no fee. Registration is required. Contact April Dipollina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-271-4371.
- Donate new or gently used coats, hats and mittens! The 3rd annual “Drive Away the Cold” Warm Clothing Drive is kicking off the week of October 23and will be running for two weeks benefiting our local children and adults in need. Collection bins will be in the front office of each school as well as at Noel’s Market and Stop & Shop. Click here for more information about what is needed!
- Venture Crew 710: Click here for flier with details.
- Food Bank Fundraiser: Drop off items for the food bank at the town hall in Contois meeting room one on October 20th from 4pm-6pm while shopping. Click here for details.
- Daisy Girl Scouts: Looking for Kindergarten girls to join their troop. For more information contact Kristen Incandella Email: email@example.com
Last Week's Digital Backpack