CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
March 24, 2017
- Budget Schedule Updated- Board of Finance Reviews Board of Education Budget on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at the Town Hall at 7:00pm. Click here for updated schedule.
- CES Storify this week here!
- April Newsletter: Click here to view the April PTO Newsletter.
- School Based Food Banks: Kids do NOT have to qualify to use the pantry, just talk to a teacher, nurse, social worker, or school counselor and they will set up a time for a confidential visit. The pantry is stocked with non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, and school supplies for them to take home or use as they need to. For more information or questions, contact CYSS at (860)537-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CES Parent Placement Input Form: Click here for placement form.
- Square 1 Art Catalogs Have Arrived!! You will be receiving your catalog and orders are due by March 31st. Have fun purchasing a timeless keepsakes with your child's while supporting the CES PTO!
- Early Head Start Program: Click here for information on the TVCCA Early Head Start Program: Click here for details.!
- Jump Rope for Heart- Dear CES Families: The event raises awareness and funds for heart health education. Due to such a large participation last year, this year’s event will be held on Wednesday, March 29th for Kindergarten, Thursday, March 30th for Grade 1, Friday, March 31st for Grade 2 from 3:15 to 4:45 pm. Pre-K students will be participating during their physical education classes on Thursday, March 30th. Click here for details.
- Preschool Jump Rope for Heart- Dear Preschool Families: We are also inviting preschools students to participate this year! For Preschool students click here.
- CES Incoming Kindergarten Story Time: Colchester Elementary School will host the “Kindergarten Story Time” program for 4 and 5 year-old Colchester children who will be entering kindergarten during the 2017-2018 school year. Kindergarten Story Time” schedule is as follows: Monday, April 3rd, Monday, May 8th. We look forward to meeting each of you and having your children join us at CES. Click here for details.
- Volunteer at CES with JA! What is Junior Achievement “JA”? JA is a non-profit organization that partners community members with schools to provide educational programs centered around financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship. Click here for details.
- Dear Parents/Guardians, Staff and Community Members: Please read the following letter from Board Chairman Goldstein attached here.
- Budget Schedule Updated: Click here for calendar of dates.
- Board of Finance Reviews Board of Education Budget: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Early Childhood Screening For Children Three and Four Years Old: Colchester Public School welcomes you to bring your child to the Colchester Early Childhood Program for a developmental screening. Click here for details.
- “High In Plain Sight” - a MUST see program for all parents! Do not miss this amazing and unique opportunity to hear what no one else is going to tell you about teen drug and alcohol trends. Officer Jermaine Galloway presents a “Mock Teen Bedroom” and challenges parents to find drug and alcohol related items that most parents would never be able to identify. With this training, you’ll learn about drug trends and signs such as: concealment areas, hidden containers, music, clothing, logos and more. You can’t stop what you don’t know.
- Cub Scout Pack 109 – Pancake Breakfast: Saturday, March 25th 8am – 11am at the Westchester Congregational Church. Come help support pack 109 with a pancake breakfast and door prizes, Adults $8 and Kids & Seniors $5. For more information click here.
- Save the Date-May 12th! The Empty Bowls Dinner will be held Friday, May 12th. Click here for details.
- Eagle Scout Project (Colchester StoryWalk) by Jack Boyden, Troop 72. What is a StoryWalk™? Have you ever found yourself wondering how you could give back to your Community. . . . What could YOU do to contribute to bettering Colchester? Our StoryWalkTM is a way you can do just that. Click here for details.
- Proposal for Implementation of StoryWalkTM at Cohen Woodlands: Click here to view proposal.
- Spring Parks and Recreation Programs: The Colchester Connection Spring 2017 edition available and a link is here. For more information visit www.colchesterct.gov/parks. April Vacation Programs Parks and Recreation: April Vacation LEGO Engineering Camp at CES! Register online www.colchesterct.gov/rec.Camp SPARK Program
- 12th Annual Colchester Spring Clean Up: April 8th from 9 am – 12 pm: Volunteer to beautify Colchester! The first 75 pre-registered volunteers will receive a free t-shirt! Make-up date of April 22. Visit www.colchesterct.gov/rec to register and learn more!
- Colchester Cooperative Nursery School Open House 4/8/17: Saturday, April 8th from 9:00am -10:30am for the 2017-18 school year. Teachers and members of the executive board will be available to answer your questions. Parents and children are welcome to attend this event. Click here for details.
- Farm to School/Healthy Eating Recipe of the Week: Perfectly Roasted Sweet Potatoes! Here is an easy way to get those yams tender and sweet without burning. Feel free to use the finished product in soups, pancakes, as a pizza topping, or simply eat it as is! Click here for the recipe: http://empoweredsustenance.com/bake-a-sweet-potato/
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: Click here.
- April Programs at Cragin Library: For kids here and for teens click here.
- 4/02/17: Lions Annual Bunny Blast: Lions annual Bunny Blast details here.
- 4/04/17: Community Conversations: Parents, Don't miss this one! Click here for details.
- 4/08/17: 24th Annual Fisherman's Breakfast: Click here for details.
- 4/08/17: 12th Annual Colchester Spring Clean Up: April 8th from 9 am – 12 pm
- 4/08/17: CC Nursery School Open House from 9am-12noon
- 4/22/17: Senior's Ball: Senior's Ball at WJJMS 3:30pm-4:30pm! Click here for flyer.
Last Week's Digital Backpack