CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
June 16, 2017- Last Day of School
- Principal O'Meara, Asst. Principal Rhodes, Officer Suchecki and Mr. Levine- Book Fair Challenge "All for Books" Fund: Click here to view!
- Here is the latest Storify! Click here to view.
- Tweets by Principal O'Meara - @CaringCardinals Twitter feed page for Mrs. O'Meara's Tweets! Click on the link: http://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=554
- CES Storify here!
- ESY (Extended School Year) Program: Will run from July 5- August 3, 2017 and will be held at CES for grades pre-k through 8th grade.
- Colchester Learning Foundation: Colchester Learning Foundation is thrilled to announce that a grant has been awarded to Colchester Public Schools to fund Innovation Nation initiatives. Through a generous donation from a community member, each school in Colchester will receive funds to enhance technology in an effort help students develop 21st century skills and foster innovation alongside collaboration. Click here to view initiatives.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details. School Readiness Applications www.ColchesterC3.org. For information, please contact Cindy Praisner, Early Childhood Coordinator at 537.0717.
- Early Head Start Program: Click here for information on the TVCCA Early Head Start Program: Click here for details.
- Letter from Superintendent Mathieu to the Colchester Public School and Colchester Community, As the school year is coming to close and my 34 years as an educator and an administrator in the Colchester school system will conclude, I wanted to say how much I have appreciated my time in this wonderful town. I will forever have lasting memories of the great educational improvements we have made together and the lasting friendships I have developed over the years. I will cherish our time together and look forward to watching the school district become even stronger and more innovative in the coming years. As many of the staff has heard over the years, the phrase “The Colchester Way” is something special that keeps us smiling and coming back year after year. Please treasure what you have in this district and don’t ever lose sight that it has always been about the children. With much appreciation, Jeff Mathieu, aka Mr. Mat
- School News: For school news and information over the summer, please visit our website for updates or follow us on Twitter @COLschools. We hope you have a safe and wonderful summer!
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at the Colchester Elementary School cafeteria at 7:00pm.
- 2017-2018 School Calendar attached here.
- SafeFutures: Domestic violence counseling agency for southeastern CT. Services for families or students struggling with domestic violence. Click on the link http://www.safefuturesct.org/
- Handmade Tie-dyed T-shirts: Youth Services handmade $5 tie-dyed t-shirts on sale June 15th and June 16th. Profits will benefit our Colchester Youth & Social Services.
- CYS Game Club: Click here for details.
- Colchester Soccer Club Announcement: Rec Soccer registration has now ended and a late fee is now applied. Anyone still interested please register http://colchestersoccer.org/ by June 18th for team placement!
- New Venture Crew Forming: Click here for details.
- Colchester YSS Community Closet: New and gently used clothing and shoes for adults and children. Open to anyone in the community who has a need for clothing. If you are interested contact the CYSS office at 860-537-7255.
- Colchester Connections: Click here.
- CASTLE Summer Programs here.
- Tag Sale on the Green: Room for a few more retail/tag sale vendors! Applications at www.colchesterctbusiness.com
- Summer Registration Online: Summer trip calendar here! Questions call (860)537-7255.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- June Cragin Memorial Library Programs: Kids and Teens.
- Colchester Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Rec Registration here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Click here for the recipe.
- 06/17/17: 2nd annual Cross Country 5K to Outrace Hunger flyerhere.
- 06/20/17: CT Storm Girls Basketball Clinic -Click here for details and registration
- 06/20/17: Author Laura Bradford to Visit at Cragin: Details here.
- 06/22/17: Cragin Lego Construction Event: Click here for details.
- 06/26/17: CYB Boys & Girls Bobcat Basketball Camp- June 26-30th. Details here.
- 07/28/17: BA Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, July 28th, 10am at Blackledge details here
- 08/18/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 -Joining Night K-5: 6 pm at St. Andrew's Church.
- 08/25/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Ice Cream Social:Friday, August 25th at St. Andrew's Church. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Week's Digital Backpack