CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
April 28, 2017
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. Thank you.
- Here is CES on the News! Surprise Squad: http://www.wfsb.com/clip/13283720/second-graders-have-special-mission-of-giving
- CES Storify: Storify for this week coming soon!
- Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- May Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Message from the CES PTO: Staff Appreciation Day Luncheon: Friday May 5th -10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Please help us show how much we appreciate our CES Staff! Click here for details.
- Book Fair is Coming to CES! May 15th-19th in Room F6. PAJAMA Day on Monday, CAMPING OUTFITS on Wednesday. GRAND Breakfast Tuesday May 16th 7:30am. Click here for more information.
- "Camp Cardinal" Family Event: Wednesday, May 17th that will be co-sponsored with our CES PTO's Spring Book Fair. Click here for flyer with details.
- CES Parent Placement Due Monday, May 1st: Forms received after May 1st will not be accepted. Click here for placement form.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details. School Readiness Applications www.ColchesterC3.org. For information, please contact Cindy Praisner, Early Childhood Coordinator at 537.0717.
- May 8th -CES Incoming Kindergarten Story Time: “Kindergarten Story Time” program for 4 and 5 year-old Colchester children who will be entering kindergarten during the 2017-2018 school year. Click here for details. We look forward to meeting each of you and having your children join us at CES!
- Early Head Start Program: Click here for information on the TVCCA Early Head Start Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. This anonymous, short survey was designed by faculty and staff from all four Colchester schools. The purpose of this survey is to 1) provide faculty and staff with feedback on Innovation Nation and our progress in shifting to personalized learning, and 2) fulfill the requirements of the CT State Department of Education teacher/administrative evaluation system. Faculty and staff will use the results of this survey to set school goals for improvement for the 2017/18 academic year. We appreciate your participation. Thank you.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 9th at the Colchester Elementary School.
- Come see Colchester Teachers Perform! Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- History of White House Entertainment For All Ages!Monday, May 1st Former White House butler, Alan DeValerio, will give you the inside details about all the preparations involved in White House entertaining, and how it has evolved over the years from FDR to the present. This is a presentation you won’t want to miss! Tickets need to be purchased in advanced $5.00. Please see the attached poster for details.
- Fundraiser for StoryWalkTM Stations/Eagle Project At Advance Auto Parts: 179 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, Saturday May 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details here. Jack Boyden, a Life Scout with Troop 72 Eagle Scout Project is to construct more durable StoryWalkTM Stations at Ruby Cohen Woodlands. Click here to for details of Jack's project.
- Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm: What is Assistive Technology, how it can be used in school, at home and in the community. The presentation will explore various functions and features of a variety of AT devices, to help individuals make an informed decision. Registration is required, there is no fee. The meeting is open to the public. Click here for details. Contact April Dipollina at email@example.com 860-271-4371.
- Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Click here for information and registration form.
- Circle of Security Parenting Series: Click here for details or visit C3 link here.
- Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- CIT Application- Deadline Monday, May 1st
- Kindercamp & Day Camp: Discounts end May 1st – Sign up today!
- Cragin Memorial Library May Programs: Kids program click here and teens here.
- Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading: Online registration begins May 8th. In person registration dates: May 8th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin Memorial Library and June 5th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin. Click here for flyer with details.
- Sunscreen & Sunblock Collection to Benefit Colchester Social Services: Collecting sunscreen and bug spray now through May 15th for the kids who will be receiving summer lunches through Colchester Social Services/Food Bank. Please drop off your donation at the Town Hall, Library, or Stop & Shop. See attached flyer for details here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Bacon Academy Senior Laura Sokolosky will share a healthy recipe each week. This week is Simple Salsa! Ready for a taste of spring? This recipe requires no cooking and only a few ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable chips if you are feeling adventurous! Click here for the recipe.
- Colchester Soccer Club Information: Travel Tryout Times: Click here.
- 04/28/17: Dullsville Play Performance: 6pm and 8pm at Bacon Academy
- 04/29/17: Suicide Prevention Event: April 29th at 9am in Norwich : Click here for details.
- 05/03/17: Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm
- 05/04/17: Summer Trips - CYS Summer Trips Calendar here.
- 05/04/17: Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/06/17: Eagle Scout Project/StoryWalk Fundraiser: At Advanced Auto details here.
- 05/08/17: Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading Registration
- 05/10/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
- 05/12/17: Empty Bowls Dinner - Friday, May 12th at WJJMS: Click here for details.
- 05/20/17: Safety Camp 2017: May 20th 10am-1pm: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/20/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
Last Week's Digital Backpack