CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
December 15, 2017
- “What are we working on?” in our Media Center: Click here to see what each grade level is working on as students develop their technology skills in the Media Center.
- Our school participated in an Hour of Code for the past two weeks. Click here to see what programs and robotics each grade level interacted with along with what you can access at home to provide your student with more coding opportunities.
- CES PTO invites families to St. Joseph’s Polish Society from 6:00-7:30pm on Wednesday, December 20th for a special CES Goes Out event featuring several local sponsors and a special guest! Click here for more information.
- Yearbook Orders: Families will have the opportunity to order yearbooks online or with the order forms that are being sent home in Friday Folders. Checks must be enclosed within the detachable order envelope and written out to “CES PTO”. Online orders can be completed by going to ybpay.lifetouch.com with the Yearbook ID Code: 13227018 or click here for link The order deadline is March 2.
- Cafeteria Prices and Information: Click here for a review of this school year’s cafeteria prices and how to take advantage of the prepay system for your child’s meals at school.
- Shortened Day Schedule: Friday, December 22nd is a shortened day.
- Dear Parents/Guardians: In preparation for the winter season, this correspondence explains the procedure regarding no school, delayed opening, and/or early closing of school Please click here for letter with information.
- School Calendar: Click here to view the 2018-2019 School Calendar.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services: CYSS is in need of personal care items such as soaps, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream. Please drop off items at the Colchester Town Hall to CYSS or to the schools in a bag labeled for CYSS.
- WJJMS Sock Collection for the Homeless: 'Tis the season for thinking about others! WJJMS would like you to think about the 2.5 million children who are currently experiencing homelessness. The number one clothing need--believe it or not--is SOCKS! So WJJMS is taking that cause on. Starting Monday, December 11th, through Thursday, December 21st, they are collecting new socks to deliver to shelters around Connecticut! Drop off boxes will be located in WJJMS. Let's spread some Holiday Season Cheer!
- Colchester Youth Services’ 2018 Resolution Run 5K: Start the New Year off on the right foot! Colchester Youth Services 2018 Resolution Run will kick off at a reasonable 10:00 AM on New Year’s Day at Bacon Academy. This event welcomes families and participants of all ages to come run, walk or crawl their way to the finish line! Bring warm layers of clothes, tie up your running shoes, and get ready to “run into” 2018! Medals will be awarded in the following age categories for men and women: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+. Early bird registration through December 31, 2017 (4:30 PM) is only $20 and $15 for students. Same day registration is $25 for all. Grab a friend or start a team to participate in the New Year’s Day 5K walk/run to support Colchester Youth Services. All proceeds benefit our scholarship fund and Youth Center improvements. Registration is quick and easy at www.lightboxreg.com Participants are encouraged to register in advance to receive early bird rates. Start 2018 off with a bang! Click here for flier.
Last Week's Digital Backpack