JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
March 24, 2017
- Budget Schedule Updated- Board of Finance Reviews Board of Education Budget on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at the Town Hall at 7:00pm. Click here for updated schedule.
- JJIS News: Click here for JJIS news.
- Unified Sports Event Cancelled: The JJIS Unified Sports event that was scheduled for Saturday, April 1st has been Cancelled by Glastonbury.
- February/March Technology Newsletter: Technology Newsletter here!
- JJIS Family Math Night! Thursday, April 6th.
- School Based Food Banks: Kids do NOT have to qualify to use the pantry, just talk to a teacher, nurse, social worker, or school counselor and they will set up a time for a confidential visit. The pantry is stocked with non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, and school supplies for them to take home or use as they need to. For more information contact CYSS at (860)537-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attn: Grade 5 Parents/Guardians: Dear Parents/Guardians: Students currently in grade five will be required to have a complete physical exam completed between January 1, 2017 and August 2018. Click here for letter with details.
- Student Placement: Although it is hard to believe, we are already thinking of and preparing for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year! Our student /parent placement procedures are...click here for letter. For Parent Placement Input Form click here.
- Spring Picture Day: March 29, 2017!**Rescheduled from March 14, 2017 due to a snow day. All students will be photographed. Neither money nor order form is needed on that day. A “make-up” picture day will not be available.
- Grade 5: Panoramic Picture Day is March 28, 2017! Students must bring their money and completed order form (envelope) with them by the day of the photo shoot. Click here for details.
- Spring 2017 After School Clubs: The Spring 2017 After School Clubs are listed here! These clubs have always been tremendously supported and well received by students. Please complete & return this form by March 30, 2017. Please note: Clubs are filled based on receipt date of sign up form. Students should list their 3 top choices. In the event their 1st choice is full, other options can be considered. Students may participate in one or two clubs (a Monday and a Thursday).
- Lost & Found: Click here for more information.
- Square 1 art is Due by March 31st. Have fun purchasing a timeless keepsakes with your child's art, while supporting the school's PTO! You can also order online at their website: square1art.com. Thank you and have fun !! All purchases benefit our school! Celebrate your child’s artistic achievement by ordering timeless keepsakes to cherish for years to come. Click here for flyer for details. Three Easy Ways To Order Keepsakes: 1. The paper order form attached to their custom catalog. 2. Online at www.square1art.com/shop 3. Phone Customer Care 888-332-3294. Click here for details.
- Pick up/Absent Notice: Click here for form.
- Dear Parents/Guardians, Staff and Community Members: Please read the following letter from Board Chairman Goldstein attached here.
- Budget Schedule Updated: Click here for calendar of dates.
- Board of Finance Reviews Board of Education Budget: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Early Childhood Screening For Children Three and Four Years Old: Colchester Public School welcomes you to bring your child to the Colchester Early Childhood Program for a developmental screening. Click here for details.
- “High In Plain Sight” - a MUST see program for all parents! Do not miss this amazing and unique opportunity to hear what no one else is going to tell you about teen drug and alcohol trends. Officer Jermaine Galloway presents a “Mock Teen Bedroom” and challenges parents to find drug and alcohol related items that most parents would never be able to identify. With this training, you’ll learn about drug trends and signs such as: concealment areas, hidden containers, music, clothing, logos and more. You can’t stop what you don’t know.
- Cub Scout Pack 109 – Pancake Breakfast: Saturday, March 25th 8am – 11am at the Westchester Congregational Church. Come help support pack 109 with a pancake breakfast and door prizes, Adults $8 and Kids & Seniors $5. For more information click here.
- Save the Date-May 12th! The Empty Bowls Dinner will be held Friday, May 12th. Click here for details.
- Eagle Scout Project (Colchester StoryWalk) by Jack Boyden, Troop 72. What is a StoryWalk™? Have you ever found yourself wondering how you could give back to your Community. . . . What could YOU do to contribute to bettering Colchester? Our StoryWalkTM is a way you can do just that. Click here for details.
- Proposal for Implementation of StoryWalkTM at Cohen Woodlands: Click here to view proposal.
- Spring Parks and Recreation Programs: The Colchester Connection Spring 2017 edition available and a link is here. For more information visit www.colchesterct.gov/parks. April Vacation Programs Parks and Recreation: April Vacation LEGO Engineering Camp at CES! Register online www.colchesterct.gov/rec.Camp SPARK Program
- 12th Annual Colchester Spring Clean Up: April 8th from 9 am – 12 pm: Volunteer to beautify Colchester! The first 75 pre-registered volunteers will receive a free t-shirt! Make-up date of April 22. Visit www.colchesterct.gov/rec to register and learn more!
- Colchester Cooperative Nursery School Open House 4/8/17: Saturday, April 8th from 9:00am -10:30am for the 2017-18 school year. Teachers and members of the executive board will be available to answer your questions. Parents and children are welcome to attend this event. Click here for details.
- Farm to School/Healthy Eating Recipe of the Week: Perfectly Roasted Sweet Potatoes! Here is an easy way to get those yams tender and sweet without burning. Feel free to use the finished product in soups, pancakes, as a pizza topping, or simply eat it as is! Click here for the recipe: http://empoweredsustenance.com/bake-a-sweet-potato/
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: Click here.
- April Programs at Cragin Library: For kids here and for teens click here.
- 4/02/17: Lions Annual Bunny Blast: Lions annual Bunny Blast details here.
- 4/04/17: Community Conversations: Parents, Don't miss this one! Click here for details.
- 4/08/17: 24th Annual Fisherman's Breakfast: Click here for details.
- 4/08/17: 12th Annual Colchester Spring Clean Up: April 8th from 9 am – 12 pm
- 4/08/17: CC Nursery School Open House from 9am-12noon
- 4/22/17: Senior's Ball: Senior's Ball at WJJMS 3:30pm-4:30pm! Click here for flyer.
Be the first to know about the latest CPS News! @CPSSupt
Last Week's Digital Backpack