JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
December 15, 2017
- Dear Parents/Guardians: In preparation for the winter season, this correspondence explains the procedure regarding no school, delayed opening, and/or early closing of school Please click here for Superintendent Goodwin's letter with details.
- Jaguar Journal/Classroom news! Jaguar Journal! Here!
- After School Programs: Click here to view brochure and sign up form here.
- JJIS Annual Winter Concert! Click here.
- Winter Safety Tips: Click here.
- Save the Date... February 22nd, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm! JJIS will be hosting the district’s annual Digital Learning Day (DLD)on February 22nd, 2018 from 5pm to 7pm with free pizza, exhibits, and workshops! Courtesy of CES, JJIS, and WJJMS PTO from 5:30-6:30. Click here for flier with details.
- PTO is looking for your pictures for the 2017-2018 yearbook. Details here.
- Holiday Gift Box Assembly - “Thinking of Others”. Click here for more details
- Please remind your child where he/she should go in the event there is a need for an early dismissal due to weather.
- REMINDER: Buses begin to unload students at 8:20 AM. If you are driving your child to school, drop-off time is from 8:20 until 8:35 AM. For everyone’s safety: Students should never be dropped off until you see a JJIS staff member on the sidewalk, supervising arrival.
- A Menu of Math Choices! Click here.
- Invention Convention comes to JJIS once again! There will be an Invention Convention parent informational meeting at JJIS on January 10, 2018 from 6-6:30 pm in the library media center. Invention Convention workshops will be held after school for participating students and will begin the week of January 17, 2018. Intent to Invent forms will be handed out to all students this week.
- Please remind your child to check out lost and found: Located in the cafeteria and office for their belongings. All items will be donated during the winter holiday break.
- Shortened Day Schedule: Friday, December 22nd is a shortened day.
- Dear Parents/Guardians: In preparation for the winter season, this correspondence explains the procedure regarding no school, delayed opening, and/or early closing of school Please click here for letter with information.
- School Calendar: Click here to view the 2018-2019 School Calendar.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services: CYSS is in need of personal care items such as soaps, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream. Please drop off items at the Colchester Town Hall to CYSS or to the schools in a bag labeled for CYSS.
- WJJMS Sock Collection for the Homeless: 'Tis the season for thinking about others! WJJMS would like you to think about the 2.5 million children who are currently experiencing homelessness. The number one clothing need--believe it or not--is SOCKS! So WJJMS is taking that cause on. Starting Monday, December 11th, through Thursday, December 21st, they are collecting new socks to deliver to shelters around Connecticut! Drop off boxes will be located in WJJMS. Let's spread some Holiday Season Cheer!
- Colchester Youth Services’ 2018 Resolution Run 5K: Start the New Year off on the right foot! Colchester Youth Services 2018 Resolution Run will kick off at a reasonable 10:00 AM on New Year’s Day at Bacon Academy. This event welcomes families and participants of all ages to come run, walk or crawl their way to the finish line! Bring warm layers of clothes, tie up your running shoes, and get ready to “run into” 2018! Medals will be awarded in the following age categories for men and women: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+. Early bird registration through December 31, 2017 (4:30 PM) is only $20 and $15 for students. Same day registration is $25 for all. Grab a friend or start a team to participate in the New Year’s Day 5K walk/run to support Colchester Youth Services. All proceeds benefit our scholarship fund and Youth Center improvements. Registration is quick and easy at www.lightboxreg.com Participants are encouraged to register in advance to receive early bird rates. Start 2018 off with a bang! Click here for flier.
Last Week's Digital Backpack