You have 1 PagePop. View
JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
Message from the Interim Superintendent Karen Loiselle Goodwin:
To the members of the Colchester School Community: Please click here to read.
- Summer Letter from Principal Elise Butson: Click here to read.
- JJIS Library is Open All Summer! Click here for details. JJIS library is open on Tuesdays from 10am-12 and 4pm-7pm. Come hear stories, make crafts, learn to code, log your reading minutes and exchange books! Visit www.jackjackterlibrary.com for information and resources!
- Meet & Greet: August 28th from 2:15-3:15pm for all JJIS students.
- Medication in School: If your child requires medication in school, please provide the nurse with a completed doctor's order form signed by a parent along with the medication needed. Only adults may bring the medications to/from school. Some examples include: ibuprofen, tylenol, albuterol, Epipen, eye/ear drops, antibiotics, etc.
- First Day of School - Wednesday, August 30th is the first day of school and is a full day.
- June 9th News at JJIS here!
- Is your child is interested in summer book clubs? Join in on the summer reading fun~Book Clubs and Games at JJIS!! Click here for details.
- Summer Assignment: Click here.
- JJIS Summer Math is here! Visit the JJIS Math Lab page link here!
- Volunteer/Chaperone Application 2017-2018 attached here.
- Safe Futures is the domestic violence counseling agency for southeastern CT. For families or students struggling with domestic violence to be aware of our services. http://www.safefuturesct.org/
- CPS School Community Welcomes Interim Superintendent Karen Goodwin: Click here to read.
- Substitutes Needed (Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Nurses, Cafeteria): Are you looking for something to do while the kids are in school? Apply now to become a substitute for the 2017-18 school year as background screenings can take up to six weeks. Teacher applicants need to have a college degree or apply for a waiver from the state, nurses must have a CT RN license and valid current CPR & First Aid. Substitute applications are available at the Board of Education office located inside Town Hall or click on Substitute Application Packet. If you have any questions, contact Jan Shorts, HR Coordinator at 860-537-7264. Substitute Rates: Teachers - $85.00 a day ($42.50 half day) and Non-Certified - $70.00 a day ($35.00 half day).
- Board of Education Meeting: August 8th at the Town Hall at 7pm.
- 2017-2018 School Calendar attached here.
- School News: For school news and information over the summer, please visit our website for updates or follow us on Twitter @COLschools. We hope you have a safe and wonderful summer!
- 07/31/17 - 08/04/17: CYB Boys & Girls Basketball Camp- July 31st-August 4th from 9:30-12:00. Grades 5-9 at Bacon Academy. Directed by Bacon Academy basketball coaches and players.
- 08/14/17 - 8/18/17: Parks and Rec Soccer Camp Registration here.
- 08/18/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Joining Night: Friday, August 18th at 6pm at St. Andrew's Church. Joining Night is the time to learn more about scouts and fill out registration information. Any questions, please email email@example.com
- 08/25/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Ice Cream Social: Friday, August 25th at 6pm: Is hosting an end of summer/kick off to the new scouting year Ice Cream Social, Friday, August 25th at 6pm at St. Andrew's Church for current and new cub scouts. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 08/25/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Ice Cream Social:Friday, August 25th at St. Andrew's Church. Any questions, please email email@example.com
- SafeFutures: Domestic violence counseling agency for southeastern CT. Services for families or students struggling with domestic violence. Click on the link http://www.safefuturesct.org/
- Mattabeseck Audubon Society Thoreau Essay Contest for High School Students: This year marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of Henry David Thoreau, naturalist, essayist, philosopher, and author of Walden. To mark this event, the Mattabeseck Audubon Society is sponsoring an essay contest for high school students in their chapter area. The Thoreau Essay Contest submission deadline is October 15, 2017 Click here for details. http://www.audubon-mas.org
- CYS Game Club at Cragin on Tuesdays through August 8th: Click here for details.
- New Venture Crew Forming: Click here for details.
- Colchester YSS Community Closet: New and gently used clothing and shoes for adults and children. Open to anyone in the community who has a need for clothing. If you are interested contact the CYSS office at 860-537-7255.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack