JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
February 24, 2017
- JJIS Week of February 24, 2017: Click here to view.
- March Calendar: JJIS Calendar and a Look Ahead here.
- March Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Grade 4 Derron Wood Performances: Click here for details.
- Wacky Wednesday, March 8th: Click here for Wacky Wednesday details.
- JJIS News: Click here for the latest JJIS News!
- Our Spring Box Top Collection Contest Is Here! This biannual event has brought in $6,102.60 to JJIS since 2014. Last year we earned $1,909.20! So far this year we’ve earned $1,537.50 for our school!!! Click here for details.
- Mr. Shane and Ms. DiFranco Taking the Penguin Plunge to Support JJIS Unified Sports and Special Olympics on Saturday, February 25th! Click here to see their goal and their progress toward their goal. If you would like to help, click here.
- Public Hearing Tuesday, February 28, 2017: Presentation of the Board of Education and Town Budgets at 7pm at the Town Hall Contois Meeting Room One.
- Board of Finance Budget Workshop, Thursday, March 2, 2017: Review Education Budget with Board of Education at 7pm.
- Early Childhood Screening For Children Three and Four Years Old: Should your child participate in an Early Childhood Screening? Yes! Child development is variable and many parents have questions about their 3 or 4 year old child’s growth. Colchester Public School welcomes you to bring your child to the Colchester Early Childhood Program for a developmental screening. Click here for details.
- School Buses with Surveillance Cameras: M&J Bus Company has installed cameras on their school buses as an ongoing effort to improve passenger/student safety.
- 2/25/17: Teachers Will Take the Plunge February 25! JJIS Physical Education/Health Teachers Eric Shane and Anne DiFranco will be taking the plunge to support Special Olympics and JJIS Unified Sports Program. You could help support this cause and the teachers reach their goal by clicking on the link https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/822445. It’s quick and easy to sponsor and no minimum amount is required.
- 2/26/17: NEW DATE! Holocaust Survivor Henny Rosenbaum Markiewicz Simon: Henny Simon will speak about her experience on Sunday, February 26th at the Federated Church at 3pm. Click here for details.
- 2/27/17: When your child or teen feels loved, you will... Experience more peace in your home Have fewer behavior challenges and disagreements, Set your child up for healthy relationships in the future. Click here for details. Monday, February 27th 6:00-7:30pm.
- Are You Parenting A Behaviorally Challenging Kid? Click here for details on this workshop.
- Bacon Girls Lacrosse Boosters Fundraisers On 3/2 and 3/10: Inishmor on Thursday, March 2, 2017, starting at 3:00 p.m. Please join the girls for an evening of good company and great food as 10% of the proceeds for the entire evening will go to support the program and the girls! Friday, March 10, 2017 at the Bengal Tiger Hot Yoga from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $10, but any amount is welcome. 100% of the proceeds will go to support the program and the girls. Thank you for your continued support!
- Musical Storytelling! The Colchester Civic Orchestra and Choir will present a concert on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Click here for details.
- Cragin Library March Programs: Craig Library has many wonderful programs for our community! For upcoming March Children Programs click here and Teen Programs here.
- Colchester Youth and Social Services: Colchester YSS offers many services and programs for our Colchester community. Click here for more information.
- Register now for Collaborative Problem Solving Parenting Workshop Starting 3/1/17: Are you parenting a behaviorally challenging kid? At your wits end? Maybe you’ve tried it all and you’re still struggling? Join us, click here for details. A 4-part workshop that will introduce Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a strengths-based approach that brings new ideas and new hope for helping kids with behavioral challenges.
- Boy Scout Troop 13 of Colchester: Fundraiser on Thursday March 2nd from 3:00pm-8:00pm at Plum Tomato of Colchester. Plum Tomato will donate 10% of their sales to Troop 13. Contact here for flyer with details.
- Babysitting Safety Course (date change): Colchester Youth & Social Services is offering a Babysitting Safety Course for youth 11 and older. The course will be held at the Colchester Town Hall on the Tuesdays; March 7, 14, 21, 28, April 4 and 25 from 5:00-6:30pm. Visit www.colchesterct.gov/youth or contact youth services at (860) 537-7255.
- Colchester Baseball and Softball League Registration is Open For Spring Season! Please go to www.CBSL.org to register. Registration is online and only takes a few minutes.
Be the first to know about the latest CPS News! @CPSSupt
Last Week's Digital Backpack