JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
October 13, 2017
- Picture Re-Take Day! October 18, 2017. Students who were absent when pictures were taken in September should have their picture take on that day. Payment for picture orders is due that day. You may order online or obtain an order form from the JJIS office. If you have already purchased a packet, however, would like them to be retaken, please have your child return the packet to the photograph for a re-take session.
- NO SCHOOL! October 19, 2017 - Parent/teacher conferences
- JJIS First Town Meeting! October 20, 2017 - 2:15 PM/JJIS gym/all all are welcome. Please have your child wear their JJIS shirts! For more details, please click here.
- Safety First! A message from the Colchester School Resource Officer, Rob Suchecki For more details, please click here.
- JJIS 8th Annual Family Literacy Night! October 25, 2017 - 6:30 to 8 PM. Click here for more details!
- Grade 5 Esteem Event: For more details, please click here.
- Grade 3 Students Recorder Order Form: For more details, please click on the link here.
- JJIS News Company goes Live! For more details, please click here.
- After School Clubs Begin October 23rd! See the attached brochure here!
- JJIS PTO School Spirit Sticks Are Back! For more details, please click here.
- JJIS PTO Box Top Collection! A quick reminder that the PTO continues to collect box tops that have not expired through October 20, 2017. For more details, please click here.
- PTO JJIS Jackter Lantern is Wednesday, October 18th: For Invite/Order Form click here.
- PTO Wild West Book Fair! October 23 through October 27, 2017. For more details, please click on the link here.
- PTO Grand Breakfast Invite! Tuesday, October 24th 7:30am – 8:15am: Click here for flier with details.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 in the Bacon Academy Media Center at 7:00pm.
- Collaborative Problem Solving Parenting Workshop: Are you parenting a behaviorally challenging kid? At your wits end? Maybe you’ve tried it all and you’re still struggling? Join us for a 4-part workshop that will introduce Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a strengths-based approach that brings new ideas and new hope for helping kids with behavioral challenges. Wednesdays, October 18,25 and November 1,8,15* Please call (860)537-7255 or email email@example.com to register.
- The Department of Children and Families needs foster families for children of all ages. Click here for flier with details. For more information, call 1-888-KID-HERO or visit our website: www.ctfosteradopt.com
- Recycling Fundraiser at Bacon Academy: Click here for details.
- Boy Scout Troop 13 of Colchester Fundraiser- Thursday, 11/9/17 : Click here for flier with details.
- Trick or Trunk: Friday, October 20th 6-7:30pm. Click here for details.
- Scarecrow Contest! Classrooms and students are welcome to enter a scene as a classroom or even as a school. Get creative and show off your talents by creating a scene on the town green for its Annual Scarecrow Contest! Click here for flier with details.
- Mark your calendar because the Friends of the Cragin Memorial Library Book & Bake Sale: Just around the corner! October 13-15th click here for flier.
- Raffle to Benefit Bacon Academy Athletics: Friends of Football is sponsoring a raffle to raise money for Bacon Academy Athletics. 1st prize: 65" Smart XLED TV, 2nd prize: Apple iPad mini 4, 3rd prize: 2 tickets to Patriots v. Jets on 12/31/17. Tickets are $10.00 each and can be purchased at football games, from Lynette Dimock or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UCFS Healthcare Behavioral Health Office Information: Take the Stress out of going back to school! Click here for details.
- Camp Harkness Playgroup: Saturday October 21st, Saturday November 11th, & Saturday December 16th. There is no fee. Registration is required. Contact April Dipollina at email@example.com or 860-271-4371.
- Costume Party on the Green Friday, October 13th: Click here for flier with details.
- Donate new or gently used coats, hats and mittens! The 3rd annual “Drive Away the Cold” Warm Clothing Drive is kicking off the week of October 23and will be running for two weeks benefiting our local children and adults in need. Collection bins will be in the front office of each school as well as at Noel’s Market and Stop & Shop. Click here for more information about what is needed!
- Venture Crew 710: Click here for flier with details.
- Food Bank Fundraiser: Drop off items for the food bank at the town hall in Contois meeting room one on October 20th from 4pm-6pm while shopping. Click here for details.
- Daisy Girl Scouts: Looking for Kindergarten girls to join their troop. For more information contact Kristen Incandella Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Week's Digital Backpack