JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
April 28, 2017
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. Thank you.
- News this week at JJIS: Hello Jackter Families: Click here for newsletter.
- Dear Parents: Our school has been selected by the state for all grade 5 students to take the NGSS science pilot test on May 10th, 2017. Click here for details.
- May Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- JJIS PTO Needs You! It’s Time to Celebrate! Staff Appreciation Week Will Be Celebrated From May 1st-5th! Please consider donating any of the food items listed here to help us present a wonderful luncheon to the JJIS Staff!
- May Calendar and a Look Ahead: Click here
- JJIS Town Meeting is May 3rd Click here for details.
- Dear Jack Jackter Intermediate School Parents: On Thursday, May 25, 2017, Jack Jackter Intermediate School students will be participating in our annual “Jog-A-Thon.” (rain date will be Friday, May 26, 2017). The purpose of this activity is twofold; we wish to promote wellness and also to raise funds in support of the purchase of equipment and games to enhance physical activity at JJIS. Click here for details.
- Information Transportation Forms: Please return the 2017-2018 Transportation forms. It is imperative that we receive this information for every student as this information is utilized throughout the school year. All documents must be signed by a parent/guardian. Thank you.
- Technology Newsletter: Click here for April Newsletter.
- Instrument Drop Off: Please do not drop off any rental instruments at Jack Jackter Intermediate School. All rental instruments must be returned to the vendor. Click here for detail.
- Dress Code: Dear Parents/Guardians: With the spring weather quickly approaching, we wanted to clarify some of the aspects of our dress code policy. Dress Code attached here.
- Spirit Sticks: Students’ next opportunity to purchase these sticks will be May 3, 2017 during lunch! Each stick is only $ 1.00. We are pleased to share that .60 of the cost is given straight to the PTO!
- Square Art Pick Up: Square 1 art has arrived! Come pick up your child's artwork on Thursday, May 4th in room F6 from 3:00-5:30 pm. Thank you for your continued support and enjoy the beautiful work! Click here for flyer.
- JJIS Student Inventors Advance! Good luck at the State Invention Convention- JJIS student inventors Abby, Boone, and Reese at UCONN on April 29, 2017. Click here for photo.
- JJIS DAY OF SERVICE - Thank you to all of you that made this a success!
- Dear Parents/Caregivers: Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) and Connecticut Mastery Tests (CMT) -April 18th-May 5th. Please review the attached letter.
- Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- School Based Food Banks: Students do NOT have to qualify to use the pantry. The pantry is stocked with non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, and school supplies for them to take home or use as they need to. Call (860)537-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attn: Grade 5 Parents/Guardians: Dear Parents/Guardians: Students currently in grade five will be required to have a complete physical exam completed between January 1, 2017 and August, 2018. Click here for letter with details.
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. This anonymous, short survey was designed by faculty and staff from all four Colchester schools. The purpose of this survey is to 1) provide faculty and staff with feedback on Innovation Nation and our progress in shifting to personalized learning, and 2) fulfill the requirements of the CT State Department of Education teacher/administrative evaluation system. Faculty and staff will use the results of this survey to set school goals for improvement for the 2017/18 academic year. We appreciate your participation. Thank you.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 9th at the Colchester Elementary School.
- Come see Colchester Teachers Perform! Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- History of White House Entertainment For All Ages!Monday, May 1st Former White House butler, Alan DeValerio, will give you the inside details about all the preparations involved in White House entertaining, and how it has evolved over the years from FDR to the present. This is a presentation you won’t want to miss! Tickets need to be purchased in advanced $5.00. Please see the attached poster for details.
- Fundraiser for StoryWalkTM Stations/Eagle Project At Advance Auto Parts: 179 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, Saturday May 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details here. Jack Boyden, a Life Scout with Troop 72 Eagle Scout Project is to construct more durable StoryWalkTM Stations at Ruby Cohen Woodlands. Click here to for details of Jack's project.
- Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm: What is Assistive Technology, how it can be used in school, at home and in the community. The presentation will explore various functions and features of a variety of AT devices, to help individuals make an informed decision. Registration is required, there is no fee. The meeting is open to the public. Click here for details. Contact April Dipollina at email@example.com 860-271-4371.
- Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Click here for information and registration form.
- Circle of Security Parenting Series: Click here for details or visit C3 link here.
- Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- CIT Application- Deadline Monday, May 1st
- Kindercamp & Day Camp: Discounts end May 1st – Sign up today!
- Cragin Memorial Library May Programs: Kids program click here and teens here.
- Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading: Online registration begins May 8th. In person registration dates: May 8th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin Memorial Library and June 5th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin. Click here for flyer with details.
- Sunscreen & Sunblock Collection to Benefit Colchester Social Services: Collecting sunscreen and bug spray now through May 15th for the kids who will be receiving summer lunches through Colchester Social Services/Food Bank. Please drop off your donation at the Town Hall, Library, or Stop & Shop. See attached flyer for details here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Bacon Academy Senior Laura Sokolosky will share a healthy recipe each week. This week is Simple Salsa! Ready for a taste of spring? This recipe requires no cooking and only a few ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable chips if you are feeling adventurous! Click here for the recipe.
- Colchester Soccer Club Information: Travel Tryout Times: Click here.
- 04/28/17: Dullsville Play Performance: 6pm and 8pm at Bacon Academy
- 04/29/17: Suicide Prevention Event: April 29th at 9am in Norwich : Click here for details.
- 05/03/17: Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M 6pm-8pm
- 05/04/17: Summer Trips - CYS Summer Trips Calendar here.
- 05/04/17: Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/06/17: Eagle Scout Project/StoryWalk Fundraiser: At Advanced Auto details here.
- 05/08/17: Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading Registration
- 05/10/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
- 05/12/17: Empty Bowls Dinner - Friday, May 12th at WJJMS: Click here for details.
- 05/20/17: Safety Camp 2017: May 20th 10am-1pm: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/20/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
Be the first to know about the latest CPS News! @CPSSupt
Last Week's Digital Backpack