BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
June 16, 2017- Last Day of School
Due to the impending weather, the Bacon Academy Graduation will be held inside the gymnasium at 6:00pm. Yesterday Seniors were given 7 tickets to graduation. Four yellow tickets will be for inside the gymnasium only. The additional three tickets are blue, and may be used to attend the Livestreaming of graduation in the auditorium.
- Good luck to our Bacon Academy Class of 2017! We Wish you the best!~
- June 16, 2017, Last Day of School - Have a safe and wonderful summer!
- Summer School 2017 Handbook: Click here to view.
- Tweets by Principal Peel- @BA_Peel Twitter feed page for all Mr. Peel's Tweets! Click on the link: http://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=553
- Graduation Photography: Lifetouch Special Events will be providing professional photography services at Graduation. Register to be notified when event images and proofs are available here. Complimentary proof sets will be mailed home within 14 business days.
- Parents/Caregivers: Colchester Youth Services Message on Prescription Medication: Click here to view.
- Graduation Photography link is Http://Www.Colchesterct.Org/Page.Cfm?P=556
- ECC Boys Tennis- Div II Singles: Congratulations to All Stars: Andrew DiBiaso & Sportsmanship:Matthew Mancini
- ECC Baseball: Honorable Mention: Matt Shane, Peter Swain, Evan Tortorigi, All ECC 1st Team –Kevin Rakowski, Sportsmanship-Matt Tiziani, Norwich Bulletin All Area Team: Kevin Rakowski. Congratulations!
- Fall Sports 17-18 Registration Is Open: Dear Athletes and Families: All athletes that are participating in fall sports must register online with Family ID. Directions and the link for online registration for Bacon Athletics are here for Family ID link. For details click here. Physicals still need to be filed in the nurse’s office. Do not drop them off to the Athletic Director.
- Colchester Learning Foundation: Colchester Learning Foundation is thrilled to announce that a grant has been awarded to Colchester Public Schools to fund Innovation Nation initiatives. Through a generous donation from a community member, each school in Colchester will receive funds to enhance technology in an effort help students develop 21st century skills and foster innovation alongside collaboration. Click here to view initiatives.
- Parents of Incoming Freshman: Message from the BA Math Dept: If your student will be a freshman at Bacon Academy for the upcoming school year, please read this information about calculators from the Bacon Academy Math Department. Please see attached.
- Bacon Football Fundraiser: Come get a better night’s sleep AND support the Bacon Academy Football Team! Bacon Football will be hosting their 1st annual Mattress Fundraiser on Saturday, June 24, from 10am – 5pm. Click here for details. Click here to view the flyer.
- Bling Bacon Apparel: By popular demand, we have been asked to place a new bling tee shirt offer....Incoming Freshman, get ready for the new year at BA! Please contact Deb Ricci or Marlene Blumberger for ordering information…please see attached here!
- Athletes-Save the Date! August 2nd for Bacon Academy Fall 2017 Preseason Athletics Meeting -Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy Summer reading video created by a Bacon Academy student linked here.
- Summer Reading: Bacon Academy has a brand-new, fantastic summer reading program this year! Our teachers and staff have each chosen a favorite book to share. We are inviting you to choose a book from any of the selected titles to read over the summer. Better yet, you can read more than one if you’d like! When you return to school in the fall, you will participate in an exciting book discussion with other students who have read the book. Don’t miss out on the chance to engage in this great activity! Click here to see the list of titles. The Bacon Academy Library and Cragin Memorial Library have a limited number of the titles available for check-out. If we don’t have it available, you may have to order it or try a library nearby. Happy reading!
- Bacon Academy Summer School: Credit Recovery courses will commence on June 26th at 8am. For more information please contact Michael Mal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library Media Center Exam Hours: The LMC is open for silent study during exams. Friday (6/15) 6:45am – 12:30pm
- Bacon Academy Summer School Credit Recovery: Courses will commence on June 26th at 8am. For more information please contact Michael Mal at email@example.com.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Click here for the recipe.
- Summer Youth Employment Program - A short term summer work experience for income eligible youth aged 14-21 years old is available for the Eastern Connecticut region. Students that receive Free/reduced lunch and or SNAP are eligible. Participants in the Summer Youth Employment and Training Program work 15-20 hours per week for minimum wage for approximately five weeks. Norwich Youth and Family Services 80 Broadway, Norwich, Connecticut 06360 Phone: 860-823-3778/Fax: 860-823-3793Program Contact: Pat Dixe, firstname.lastname@example.org Download application at EWIB.org, summer programs link.
- CYS Summer Registration: Summer trip calendar visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov/youth).
- Bacon Athletics: Click here for the athletic calendar. GO BOBCATS!
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
- Graduation is Friday, June 16th at 6:00pm on the John D. Long Track and Field. All Seniors will receive 10 tickets (4 for indoor/6 outdoor only) and any requested handicapped passes at the first rehearsal on June 14th. They will also receive caps/gowns/tassels then. Rehearsals are mandatory - work is not an excuse! Inform employers now of mandatory rehearsals.
- ALL graduation information can be found here
- Scholarship: win $2500 at collegecovered.com/assist
DEADLINE: JUNE 30th: BACON ACADEMY/UCONN DUAL ENROLLMENT CLASSES
Students who applied for the following Bacon Academy dual enrollment classes for the school year 2017-18 must now enroll by JUNE 30th through the UCONN Early College Experience (ECE) website www.ece.uconn.edu to earn credit:
Bacon = University of Connecticut
- English Literature & Composition (0146) (UCONN ECE) = Seminar in Writing through Literature (ENGL 1011) - 4 Credits
- AP Environmental Science (0470) = Environmental Science (NRE 1000) - 3 Credits
- French Language and Civilization (0564) = Grammar and Composition (FREN 3268) - 3 Credits
- Lifespan Development (0835) = Individual and Family Development (HDFS 1070) - 3 Credits
- Music Fundamentals (0872) = Fundamentals & Ear Training I (MUSI 1011) - 3 Credits
- AP Physics 1 (0451) = General Physics I (PHYS 1201Q) - 4 Credits
DROP CLASS DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 (If student chooses to drop class or it cannot be built into schedule due to conflicts.)
School Counseling Department Assignments:
Thomas Racine, Director of School Counseling, email@example.com
Sharon Gagne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Merry, email@example.com
Ronald Sefchik, 9th Grade Transition Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Ziskind, School Counseling Intern, email@example.com
Donna DesSureault, Guidance Office Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Trinnaman, Guidance Office Professional, email@example.com
@BaconAcademy FOR SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT UPDATES!
- Letter from Superintendent Mathieu to the Colchester Public School and Colchester Community, As the school year is coming to close and my 34 years as an educator and an administrator in the Colchester school system will conclude, I wanted to say how much I have appreciated my time in this wonderful town. I will forever have lasting memories of the great educational improvements we have made together and the lasting friendships I have developed over the years. I will cherish our time together and look forward to watching the school district become even stronger and more innovative in the coming years. As many of the staff has heard over the years, the phrase “The Colchester Way” is something special that keeps us smiling and coming back year after year. Please treasure what you have in this district and don’t ever lose sight that it has always been about the children. With much appreciation, Jeff Mathieu, aka Mr. Mat
- School News: For school news and information over the summer, please visit our website for updates or follow us on Twitter @COLschools. We hope you have a safe and wonderful summer!
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at the Colchester Elementary School cafeteria at 7:00pm.
- 2017-2018 School Calendar attached here.
- SafeFutures: Domestic violence counseling agency for southeastern CT. Services for families or students struggling with domestic violence. Click on the link http://www.safefuturesct.org/
- Handmade Tie-dyed T-shirts: Youth Services handmade $5 tie-dyed t-shirts on sale June 15th and June 16th. Profits will benefit our Colchester Youth & Social Services.
- CYS Game Club: Click here for details.
- Colchester Soccer Club Announcement: Rec Soccer registration has now ended and a late fee is now applied. Anyone still interested please register http://colchestersoccer.org/ by June 18th for team placement!
- New Venture Crew Forming: Click here for details.
- Colchester YSS Community Closet: New and gently used clothing and shoes for adults and children. Open to anyone in the community who has a need for clothing. If you are interested contact the CYSS office at 860-537-7255.
- Colchester Connections: Click here.
- CASTLE Summer Programs here.
- Tag Sale on the Green: Room for a few more retail/tag sale vendors! Applications at www.colchesterctbusiness.com
- Summer Registration Online: Summer trip calendar here! Questions call (860)537-7255.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- June Cragin Memorial Library Programs: Kids and Teens.
- Colchester Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Rec Registration here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Click here for the recipe.
- 06/17/17: 2nd annual Cross Country 5K to Outrace Hunger flyerhere.
- 06/20/17: CT Storm Girls Basketball Clinic -Click here for details and registration
- 06/20/17: Author Laura Bradford to Visit at Cragin: Details here.
- 06/22/17: Cragin Lego Construction Event: Click here for details.
- 06/26/17: CYB Boys & Girls Bobcat Basketball Camp- June 26-30th. Details here.
- 07/28/17: BA Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, July 28th, 10am at Blackledge details here
- 08/18/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 -Joining Night K-5: 6 pm at St. Andrew's Church.
- 08/25/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Ice Cream Social:Friday, August 25th at St. Andrew's Church. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Digital Backpack