BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
April 28, 2017
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st.
- Monday, May 1st is an A DAY.
- Friday, May 5th is an ADVISORY.
- May Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Bacon Academy Student Athletes Sign NLI: Jacob Guerra, Sam Pipicelli, and Dimitrios Valkanos all signed National Letter of Intent to play Soccer. Congratulations!
- Senior Trip is June 2nd to Block Island: The cost is $40. Pick up permission slips in Mrs. Steele's room.
- Young Democrats meetings are every Fridays after school in room 2123. On April 28th we will have two local politicians coming to speak with us. Come and join us!
- Spring Pay to Play Dues Are Now Past Due: Please send in payment with your student athlete. If your family is maxed out, a form still needs to be filled out. Please send payments in with your student athlete. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Marlene Blumberger at email@example.com Form attached.
- Summer School Registration and Information Form. Bacon Academy Summer School offers both credit recovery and credit advancement opportunities. Summer Physical Education will be opened for enrollment for Seniors April 17, 2017. Enrollment for Juniors-Sophomores will begin April 24th. Enrollment for Freshman will begin May 8th. Enrollment will close May 28th. Attached is a copy of the form. Please email Mr. Mal with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEM Meeting May 4th: After school on Thursday, May 4th. The field trip to Boston is on May 19th. Permission slips and money are due no later than May 1st to Mrs. Hopkins or Ms. Kehoegreen.
- Farm to School/Healthy Eating Recipe of the Week: This week is Simple Salsa! Ready for a taste of spring? This recipe requires no cooking and only a few ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable chips if you are feeling adventurous! Click here for the recipe.
- Project Grad Senior Prom Nail Fundraiser - senior parent and nail artist Megan Hicks, from Norwich Spa, will be providing long-wearing gel manicures and pedicures on May 4, 5 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Bacon Academy cafeteria. Suggested donation is $20 for manicure, $25 for pedicure. Click here for more information.
- Graduation Lawn Signs on Sale at Senior Prom May 6 by Courtyard - Don't miss out on Graduation lawn Signs to display at your home - a proud Colchester tradition! Graduate names can be added to signs. They will be on sale for first time at the senior prom by the Courtyard for $15. Check or cash only. Click here to view sample of sign.
- Please join Project Graduation: On upcoming fundraiser events including 10% days at area restaurants a prom nail fundraiser, a poetry reading and other great events Please see our upcoming calendar here for further information.
- BA Girls Lacrosse: Mary Kay Products Party- Sunday, May 7, 2017 from 1:00-4:00p.m. The girls will receive 15% of the net proceeds. For details contact Heidi at email@example.com
- BA Girls Lacrosse: Fundraiser at Creative Canvass, 179 Linwood Avenue, Colchester - Friday, May 12, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. Spend an evening painting with friends and teammates. The cost is $45.00 for the evening, and the girls will receive 30% of the proceeds. Sign up on line at www.creativecanvascolchester.com or walk-ins are welcome.
- Attention Bacon Lady Bobcats: Get you ladies cut BLING t-shirt here! BA Class of 2019 is selling t-shirts. First of its kind, fitted, glitter and fashionable. Click here for order form.
- Project Graduation Golf Tournament May 8, Glastonbury Hills Country Club Registration is online now! Per Person Golf Includes Scramble format. Round of golf with cart, On-course beverages throughout the day, dinner at the Clubhouse. Early bird special – $125 per golfer. Sponsorships! Go to website to learn more and for online registration, payment visit http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/?page_id=757 Click here for golf brochure!
- Summer Registration is coming! CYS are ready for another fun-filled Summer! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov/youth). Please read all information on our website regarding trips to be best prepared for Summer. Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860)537-7255. We suggest logging on to our website, clicking on the Register Now! star and creating your log in account prior to registration. Registration for Summer Trips will begin on May 4th at 10:00am. This is an online only registration program, there will be no in person registration.
- Bacon Academy Annual Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, July 28th, 10am at Blackledge Country Club. Shotgun start, scramble format, raffles and prizes! $125 per golfer - $500 per foursome includes 18-holes, driving cart, lunch and dinner. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy athletics and field maintenance. Contact Rob LaSaracina firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for flyer/registration/tee form. Tee sponsorships information available here.
- Bacon Athletics: Click here for the athletic calendar. GO BOBCATS!
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
- Register for the JUNE 3rd SAT with essay writing by May 5th. Sat.org
- Register for the JUNE 10th ACT with essay writing by May 5th. Act.org
The PowerSchool Portal will open for students to enter their elective course selections. The deadline to enter elective course requests is April 28, 2017.
- Graduation is Friday, June 16th at 6:00pm on the John D. Long Track and Field.
- The graduation letter will be mailed in the next week. Please read all items in that package carefully – everything. Seniors and families need to know about graduation is in that envelope.
- It is a graduation requirement to update in Naviance the college acceptance status for each school.
- Senior Night for Scholarships and Awards will be on Tuesday, May 30th by invitation only.
FOUNDER’S DAY CELEBRATION
The Bacon Academy Founder’s Day Celebration will be held behind Old Bacon Academy (84 S. Main Street) on Wednesday, May 17th at 11:00am. Sponsored by the Bacon Academy Board of Trustees, this event is open to the public, and honors our founder, Pierpoint Bacon. It was his bequest of $35,000 that established Bacon Academy in 1800.
AP TESTING SCHEDULE
Absolutely NO cell phones or electronic devices will be allowed in testing rooms or during breaks. Late test takers will not be admitted. Cell phone violations will result in immediate removal from test, cancellation of scores, potential confiscation of device, with no retest permitted. Click here for the AP testing schedule.
School Counseling Department Assignments:
Thomas Racine, Director of School Counseling, email@example.com
Sharon Gagne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Merry, email@example.com
Ronald Sefchik, 9th Grade Transition Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Ziskind, School Counseling Intern, email@example.com
Donna DesSureault, Guidance Office Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Trinnaman, Guidance Office Professional, email@example.com
@BaconAcademy FOR SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT UPDATES!
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. This anonymous, short survey was designed by faculty and staff from all four Colchester schools. The purpose of this survey is to 1) provide faculty and staff with feedback on Innovation Nation and our progress in shifting to personalized learning, and 2) fulfill the requirements of the CT State Department of Education teacher/administrative evaluation system. Faculty and staff will use the results of this survey to set school goals for improvement for the 2017/18 academic year. We appreciate your participation. Thank you.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 9th at the Colchester Elementary School.
- Come see Colchester Teachers Perform! Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- History of White House Entertainment For All Ages! Monday, May 1st Former White House butler, Alan DeValerio, will give you the inside details about all the preparations involved in White House entertaining, and how it has evolved over the years from FDR to the present. This is a presentation you won’t want to miss! Tickets need to be purchased in advanced $5.00. Please see the attached poster for details.
- Fundraiser for StoryWalkTM Stations/Eagle Project At Advance Auto Parts: 179 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, Saturday May 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details here. Jack Boyden, a Life Scout with Troop 72 Eagle Scout Project is to construct more durable StoryWalkTM Stations at Ruby Cohen Woodlands. Click here to for details of Jack's project.
- Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm: What is Assistive Technology, how it can be used in school, at home and in the community. The presentation will explore various functions and features of a variety of AT devices, to help individuals make an informed decision. Registration is required, there is no fee. The meeting is open to the public. Click here for details. Contact April Dipollina at firstname.lastname@example.org 860-271-4371.
- Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Click here for information and registration form.
- Circle of Security Parenting Series: Click here for details or visit C3 link here.
- Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- CIT Application- Deadline Monday, May 1st
- Kindercamp & Day Camp: Discounts end May 1st – Sign up today!
- Cragin Memorial Library May Programs: Kids program click here and teens here.
- Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading: Online registration begins May 8th. In person registration dates: May 8th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin Memorial Library and June 5th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin. Click here for flyer with details.
- Sunscreen & Sunblock Collection to Benefit Colchester Social Services: Collecting sunscreen and bug spray now through May 15th for the kids who will be receiving summer lunches through Colchester Social Services/Food Bank. Please drop off your donation at the Town Hall, Library, or Stop & Shop. See attached flyer for details here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Bacon Academy Senior Laura Sokolosky will share a healthy recipe each week. This week is Simple Salsa! Ready for a taste of spring? This recipe requires no cooking and only a few ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable chips if you are feeling adventurous! Click here for the recipe.
- Colchester Soccer Club Information: Travel Tryout Times: Click here.
- 04/28/17: Dullsville Play Performance: 6pm and 8pm at Bacon Academy
- 04/29/17: Suicide Prevention Event: April 29th at 9am in Norwich : Click here for details.
- 05/03/17: Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm
- 05/04/17: Summer Trips - CYS Summer Trips Calendar here.
- 05/04/17: Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/06/17: Eagle Scout Project/StoryWalk Fundraiser: At Advanced Auto details here.
- 05/08/17: Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading Registration
- 05/10/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
- 05/12/17: Empty Bowls Dinner - Friday, May 12th at WJJMS: Click here for details.
- 05/20/17: Safety Camp 2017: May 20th 10am-1pm: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/20/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
Be the first to know about the latest CPS News! @CPSSupt
Last Digital Backpack