WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
April 28, 2017
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st.
- WJJMS Concert Date Change: change our concert dates for this year due to scheduling conflicts with JJIS! WJ Chorus concert - Monday, May 22nd at Bacon at 7pm (students arrive by 6:30pm) WJJMS Band concert - Thursday, May 25th at WJ Gym at 7pm (students arrive by 6:30pm)
- May Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- WJJMS’s New Computer Programming Website! http://kcauffman.wixsite.com/wjjmstech
- Course Override Forms Due to WJJMS by May 2, 2017 and more information here.
- WJJMS Building Project: WJJMS Building Project Photos click here.
- WJJMS Student Inventors Advance! Zach Starks and Chloe Marshall will advance to the State Invention Convention at UCONN on April 29th! Congratulations Zach and Chloe and good luck! Click here for photo.
- Safety Video New School Construction: Student Safety video link here.
- WJ's Parent Input Form is Under Construction! As soon as the revisions are finished, we'll be placing our Parent Input form into the DB shortly!
- Grade 8 Parents/Students- Band students names were sent to Bacon to be entered into Symphonic Band. Wind Ensemble Auditions will be in September.
- Recycle Collection: During workshop every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday two Student Council students from each grade will collect recycling! Go Green! Thank you, WJ Student Council
- Option WJ Track-wear! The "store" will be open until the end of the season and orders will be delivered to the school weekly to avoid large shipping costs. https://sign-professionals.myshopify.com/collections/wjjms-track-team
- May Teens in Action- Food Bank: Every Tuesday in May (2,9,16,23,30) from 2:30-3:30pm Grades 7-12 FREE! This volunteer opportunity gives youth the chance to sort food donations, stock the shelves, and clean and organize the food bank. Volunteers will report to the Town Hall directly after school. Snack will be provided. Space is limited for this group, so don’t wait to sign up!
- Empty Bowls Dinner will be held Friday, May 12th. Click here for details. At the empty bowls evening, we'll have art on display, an innovations and computer literacy display, the jazz band will be performing, and a drama club skit will be put on produced by students and the WJ book fair! Additional Art Offerings for Colchester Youth can be found at Purring Pottery here in Colchester. Please see the Spring sessions for classes in Hand-building or Throwing on-the-wheel.
- Open Youth Center Information and Hours: Click here to view.
- School Based Food Banks: Students do NOT have to qualify to use the pantry, just talk to a teacher, nurse, social worker, or school counselor and they will set up a time for a confidential visit. The pantry is stocked with non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, and school supplies for them to take home or use as they need to. For more information or questions, contact CYSS at (860)537-7255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bacon Lady Bobcats T-Shirts: Get you ladies cut BLING t-shirt here! BA Class of 2019 is selling t-shirts. First of its kind, fitted, glitter and fashionable. Click here for order form.
- Summer Trips with CYS- Registration Coming! CYS are ready for another fun-filled Summer! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov/youth). Please read all information on our website regarding trips to be best prepared for Summer. Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860)537-7255. We suggest logging on to our website, clicking on the Register Now! star and creating your log in account prior to registration. Registration for Summer Trips will begin on May 4th at 10:00am. This is an online only registration program, there will be no in person registration.
- Colchester Public Schools District Survey: Please watch for the District Survey link that will be sent out to families/caregivers on Monday, May 1st. This anonymous, short survey was designed by faculty and staff from all four Colchester schools. The purpose of this survey is to 1) provide faculty and staff with feedback on Innovation Nation and our progress in shifting to personalized learning, and 2) fulfill the requirements of the CT State Department of Education teacher/administrative evaluation system. Faculty and staff will use the results of this survey to set school goals for improvement for the 2017/18 academic year. We appreciate your participation. Thank you.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 9th at the Colchester Elementary School.
- Come see Colchester Teachers Perform! Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- History of White House Entertainment For All Ages!Monday, May 1st Former White House butler, Alan DeValerio, will give you the inside details about all the preparations involved in White House entertaining, and how it has evolved over the years from FDR to the present. This is a presentation you won’t want to miss! Tickets need to be purchased in advanced $5.00. Please see the attached poster for details.
- Fundraiser for StoryWalkTM Stations/Eagle Project At Advance Auto Parts: 179 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, Saturday May 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Details here. Jack Boyden, a Life Scout with Troop 72 Eagle Scout Project is to construct more durable StoryWalkTM Stations at Ruby Cohen Woodlands. Click here to for details of Jack's project.
- Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M Hospital 6pm-8pm: What is Assistive Technology, how it can be used in school, at home and in the community. The presentation will explore various functions and features of a variety of AT devices, to help individuals make an informed decision. Registration is required, there is no fee. The meeting is open to the public. Click here for details. Contact April Dipollina at email@example.com 860-271-4371.
- Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Click here for information and registration form.
- Circle of Security Parenting Series: Click here for details or visit C3 link here.
- Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- CIT Application- Deadline Monday, May 1st
- Kindercamp & Day Camp: Discounts end May 1st – Sign up today!
- Cragin Memorial Library May Programs: Kids program click here and teens here.
- Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading: Online registration begins May 8th. In person registration dates: May 8th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin Memorial Library and June 5th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin. Click here for flyer with details.
- Sunscreen & Sunblock Collection to Benefit Colchester Social Services: Collecting sunscreen and bug spray now through May 15th for the kids who will be receiving summer lunches through Colchester Social Services/Food Bank. Please drop off your donation at the Town Hall, Library, or Stop & Shop. See attached flyer for details here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Bacon Academy Senior Laura Sokolosky will share a healthy recipe each week. This week is Simple Salsa! Ready for a taste of spring? This recipe requires no cooking and only a few ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetable chips if you are feeling adventurous! Click here for the recipe.
- Colchester Soccer Club Information: Travel Tryout Times: Click here.
- 04/28/17: Dullsville Play Performance: 6pm and 8pm at Bacon Academy
- 04/29/17: Suicide Prevention Event: April 29th at 9am in Norwich : Click here for details.
- 05/03/17: Assistive Technologies Presentation May 3rd at L&M 6pm-8pm
- 05/04/17: Summer Trips - CYS Summer Trips Calendar here.
- 05/04/17: Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/06/17: Eagle Scout Project/StoryWalk Fundraiser: At Advanced Auto details here.
- 05/08/17: Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading Registration
- 05/10/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
- 05/12/17: Empty Bowls Dinner - Friday, May 12th at WJJMS: Click here for details.
- 05/20/17: Safety Camp 2017: May 20th 10am-1pm: Click here for flyer with details.
- 05/20/17: 10th Annual Larry Pontbriant - Details here.
Be the first to know about the latest CPS News! @CPSSupt