JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
October 6, 2017
- No School - Monday, October 9th, Columbus Day
- JJIS Principal's "Did You Know" & Calendar: Click here to view.
- Superhero Literacy Night flies into Jack Jackter on October 25th from 6:30-8:00 PM: Come and play free Superhero themed literacy games and take part in all of the fun activities! Also, view our dynamic writing throughout the school! We hope you can join us! Click here for further information.
- JJIS Gr. 3 Chorus Recorder Order Form here
- JJIS Technology Class Global Cardboard Challenge
- PTO Book Fair: Click here for details.
- PTO Grand Event Tuesday, October 24th 7:30am – 8:15am: Click here for flier with details.
- PTO Jackter Lantern Sponsor a Door: To sponsor a door click here for details.
- PTO JJIS Jackter Lantern is Wednesday, October 18th: For Invite/Order Form click here.
- Meadow Farms Fundraiser: Click here for link to shop Meadow Farms Fundraiser.
- JIS PTO Newsletter: Click here for upcoming events at JJIS and PTO information.
- Box Tops Friendly Reminder: Send in all those Box Tops by October 20th and help us earn money for our school while helping your child earn a night free from homework! Click here for flier with details.
- STEM program for Boys and Girls grades 3rd to 8th grade: Click here for details.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 in the Bacon Academy Media Center at 7:00pm.
- Recycling Fundriaser at Bacon Academy: Click here for details.
- Boy Scout Troop 13 of Colchester Fundraiser- Thursday, 11/9/17 : Click here for flier with details.
- Zine Workshop at Cragin Memorial Library: Thursday, October 12th at 3 pm! Zines are short magazines created to express ideas, share fandoms, and/or spread information. Intended for grades 6-12. Click here for details.
- Trick or Trunk: Friday, October 20th 6-7:30pm. Click here for details.
- Scarecrow Contest! Classrooms and students are welcome to enter a scene as a classroom or even as a school. Get creative and show off your talents by creating a scene on the town green for its Annual Scarecrow Contest! Click here for flier with details.
- October Events at Cragin! Click here for kids and here for teens.
- Game On is back in season at Cragin Memorial Library! Every Wednesday at 3:45 pm we'll be playing video games or tabletop games. For 3rd-5th graders. Click here for flier.
- Mark your calendar because the Friends of the Cragin Memorial Library Book & Bake Sale: Just around the corner! October 13-15th click here for flier.
- The Colchester Food Bank Needs Your Help! Donations are running extremely low and we are looking for kids and their families to sponsor food drives. Does anyone need or want volunteer hours? Click here for details or contact CYSS 860-537-7255/Email at email@example.com.
- "Harvesting Stones” : Cragin Memorial library 6:00 PM, October 11, 2017. Admission is Free! Your donation of food staples to the Colchester Food Bank would be thoughtful and appreciated. Click here for details.
- UCFS Healthcare Behavioral Health Office Information: Take the Stress out of going back to school! Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services Programs, Youth Trips, and Events -Click here to list of events.
- Camp Harkness Playgroup: Family support group that meets at Camp Harkness. The group will meet on the following dates. Saturday October 21st, Saturday November 11th, & Saturday December 16th. There is no fee. Registration is required. Contact April Dipollina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-271-4371.
- The CT Family Support Network (CTFSN) will host guest speaker Robin Wood Director of Family Support Strategies and Advocacy for the CT Department of Developmental Services (DDS) on October 12, at the Acton Library in Old Saybrook from 5:30 -8 pm. For more information or to register please contact April Dipollina at email@example.com 860-271-4371.
- STEM Program for Boys and Girls grades 3rd to 8th Grade: For flier with and details click here.
Last Week's Digital Backpack