JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
April 21, 2017
- News this week at JJIS: Hello Jackter Families: Click here for newsletter.
- JJIS Student Inventors Advance! Congratulations to JJIS student inventors Abby, Boone, and Reese who will advance to the State Invention Convention at UCONN on April 29, 2017. Click here for photo.
- JJIS DAY OF SERVICE: Monday, April 24th! Jack Jackter Intermediate School will be hosting a Day of Service to come together as a learning community and make a difference for others. Community members are invited to donate the following items to help a variety of causes: Gallon ziploc plastic bags for Blessing Bags, plastic grocery bags, crayons for Crayons for Cancer, canned goods for the Colchester Food Bank, pet food for a local pet rescue organization, loose change or small monetary sum for the Haitian Health Foundation/Endangered Animal Fund/other cause, cards to send a positive message for a veteran, senior, local hospital, small stuffed animals for S.A.F.E. Stuffed Animals for Emergencies, clothing items to donate to child in our school or other worthy cause, Items for blessing bags to give to the homeless (granola bar(s), bottle of water or juice box, fruit container(s), food can with a fliptop , participate in a haircut for Pantene wigs for cancer patients(email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- IMPORTANT REMINDER! If you have not already done so, please remember to complete and return the 2017 – 2018 student information and transportation sheets to JJIS as soon as possible. It is imperative that we receive this information for every student as this information is utilized throughout the school year. All documents must be signed by a parent/guardian. Thank you.
- School Playground: We welcome all families to use our playground when school is not in session. Please remember, for the safety of all children….When school is in session, the playground may not be used by the public. Please be advised that this policy includes Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30 until 4:30 PM, while after school clubs are in session. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Dear Parents/Guardians: With the spring weather quickly approaching, we wanted to clarify some of the aspects of our dress code policy. Click here for details.
- What's on Your Mind: Click here to for form to tell us what's on your mind.
- Dear Parents/Caregivers: Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) and Connecticut Mastery Tests (CMT) -April 18th-May 5th. Please review the attached letter.
- JIS PTO Needs You! It’s Time to Celebrate! Staff Appreciation Week Will Be Celebrated From May 1st-5th! Please consider donating any of the food items listed here to help us present a wonderful luncheon to the JJIS Staff!
- JJIS Book Fair April 24th-27th. Click here for flyer with details.
- Completed Parent Placement Referral Forms Due 4/21/17: Letter here and Parent Placement Input Form click here.
- JJIS PTO Newsletter: Click here for April Newsletter.
- JJIS Grand Breakfast 4/25/17: Tuesday, April 25th from 7:30am-8:15am. Click here for details.
- Family Night is Wednesday, 4/26: Starting at 4:30pm: Food trucks, family activities, and a free Birds of Prey show by Horizon Wings!
- Dullsville Production Friday, 4/28/17: A Musical Theatrical Performance by Staff Members from JJIS and CES!! Come see a great show! Tickets On Sale: Click here for details.
- School Based Food Banks: Students do NOT have to qualify to use the pantry. The pantry is stocked with non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, and school supplies for them to take home or use as they need to. Call (860)537-7255 or email@example.com.
- Attn: Grade 5 Parents/Guardians: Dear Parents/Guardians: Students currently in grade five will be required to have a complete physical exam completed between January 1, 2017 and August, 2018. Click here for letter with details.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 9th at the Colchester Elementary School.
- District Calendar 2016-2017: Bacon Academy Graduation is Friday, June 16, 2017, the last day of school for students. Calendar here.
- Circle of Security Parenting Series: Tuesdays April 18th - May 23rd. The series focus is children birth to 5 but families with older kids could also benefit. Click here for details. For more information and programs visit C3 link here.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: The Collaborative for Colchester’s Children is offering free and subsidized preschool spaces in Colchester through its Colchester School Readiness Program for the 2017-18 school year. Click here for details. School Readiness Applications www.ColchesterC3.org. For information, contact Cindy Praisner, Early Childhood Coordinator at 537.0717 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day Camp Open House Tuesday, April 25th 5:00 – 6:30 at the Colchester Recreation Complex Pavilion
- CIT Application- Deadline May 1st
- Kindercamp & Day Camp: Discounts end May 1st – Sign up today!
- Cragin Memorial Library May Programs: For kids program click here and for teens click here.
- Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading: Online registration begins May 8th. In person registration dates: May 8th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin Memorial Library and June 5th 6:30pm until 8pm at Cragin. Click here for flyer with details.
- Sunscreen & Sunblock Collection to Benefit Colchester Social Services: Collecting sunscreen and bug spray now through May 15th for the kids who will be receiving summer lunches through Colchester Social Services/Food Bank. Please drop off your donation at the Town Hall, Library, or Stop & Shop. See attached flyer for details here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Bacon Academy Senior Laura Sokolosky will share a healthy recipe each week. Roasted Garlic Spread! Roasting the garlic heads mellows out the flavor, creating a fragrant spread with just a few simple ingredients. Try adding to mashed potatoes or eating on a slice of bread. Click here for the recipe: here
- 4/22/17: Senior Citizen's Ball: Senior's Ball at WJJMS 3:30pm-4:30pm! Click here for flyer.
- 4/23/17: Sexual Assault Seminar: Sunday at 3 pm: Colchester Federated Church
- 4/24/17: Colchester Soccer Club: Registration Begins/Travel Tryout Times: Click here.
- 4/28/17: Dullsville Play Performance: 6pm and 8pm at Bacon Academy
- 4/29/17: Suicide Prevention Event: April 29th at 9am in Norwich : Click here for details.
- 5/04/17: Power Play Group for Kids 5-10 Years Old: Click here for flyer with details.
- 5/08/17: Colchester Youth Football and Cheerleading Registration
- 5/12/17: Empty Bowls Dinner on Friday, May 12, 2017 at WJJMS: Click here for details.
- 5/20/17: Safety Camp 2017: May 20th 10am-1pm: Click here for flyer with details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack