JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
March 10, 2017
- JJIS News this Week: Click here for the JJIS News this week.
- Inventors, It's Decision Time! Attached is a confirmation letter for both students and parents to sign. Please return it by Monday, March 13, 2016 – this information is needed to recruit the correct number of judges!
- Dear Inventors & Parents: We are working our way through the inventing process. By this point students should know what problem they plan to solve, and have brainstormed some wild and crazy ways to solve it! Here is what you should have done at this point.
- Square One Art: Three Easy Ways To Order Keepsakes: 1. The paper order form attached to their custom catalog. 2. Online at www.square1art.com/shop 3. Phone Customer Care 888-332-3294. Click here for details
- JJIS PTO March Newsletter: Click here to view the March Newsletter.
- Box Top Reward: March 13th is pajama day! Click here for details.
- Pick up/Absent Notice: Click here for form.
- March Calendar: JJIS Calendar and a Look Ahead here.
- Calling all Artists: Dragon Drawing Contest: The Kings and Queens (your teachers) of Jack Jackter and Colchester Elementary School will be performing Dullsville. We will be using two Dragon Drawings from each school as the cover of the programs. Click here for details.
- Photo of Ocean Beach Penguin Plunge: Mr. Shane and Ms. Murray jumped in the icy cold water at Ocean Beach on Sunday, March 5th to Support JJIS Unified Sports and Special Olympics. Click here for photo.
- Superintendent Mathieu Announces His Retirement: Supt. Mathieu's retirement letter attached here.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, March 14th
- Public Forum and Board of Finance Budget Workshop: Postponed to Wednesday, March 15th the Town Hall Contois Meeting Room One.
- Series of Free Training Offered by the State for Parents of Students With Disabilities in Grades K-4: Click here for details.
- Early Childhood Screening For Children Three and Four Years Old: Should your child participate in an Early Childhood Screening? Yes! Child development is variable and many parents have questions about their 3 or 4 year old child’s growth. Colchester Public School welcomes you to bring your child to the Colchester Early Childhood Program for a developmental screening. Click here for details.
- 3/9/17: Boy Scout Troop 13 Fundraiser: Thursday March 9th, 7:00 pm at Creative Canvas. Click on link to register. https://www.keepandshare.com/calendar26/cal_requestform.php?i=2655543&uid=10471360&rid=3047&date=2017-03-09&ownerid=2655543&app=calendar26
- 3/10/17-3/13/17: Book Bake Sale at Cragin! March 10th-12th. Click here for details.
- 3/10/17: Bacon Girls Lacrosse Boosters Fundraisers 3/10: Friday, March 10, 2017 at the Bengal Tiger Hot Yoga from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $10, but any amount is welcome. 100% of the proceeds will go to support the program and the girls. Thank you for your continued support!
- 3/14/17: Learn to plan and shop for meals and snacks that are healthy and within your budget! Join us March 14th for a lively discussion and food demonstration. Learn about meal planning and gain shopping tips including making a list, comparing prices, and reading Nutrition Facts labels. Share your ideas with other parents, too! Click here for details.
- 3/14/17: Pi Day at Cragin: The Cragin Memorial Library is celebrating Pi Day by hosting a pie baking contest on Pi Day, March 14 at 3 pm! Pi or 3.14 is the number used to represent a constant in mathematics. So enter your best pie to be judged by local community leaders. Prizes will be awarded for first and second place.
- 3/15/17: Are you Parenting a Behaviorally Challenging Kid? At your wits end? Maybe you’ve tried it all and you’re still struggling? Join us March 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Click here for details. A 4-part workshop that will introduce Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a strengths-based approach that brings new ideas and new hope for helping kids with behavioral challenges.
- 3/18/17: Musical Storytelling! The Colchester Civic Orchestra and Choir will present a concert on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Click here for details.
- 4/2/17: Lions Annual Bunny Blast: Lions annual Bunny Blast details here.
- 4/4/17: Parents, Don't miss this one! Community Conversations: An amazing and unique opportunity to learn what no one else is going to tell about teen drug and alcohol trends.Click here for details.
- 4/8/17: 24th Annual Fisherman's Breakfast: Click here for details.
- 4/22/17: Senior's Ball -: Senior's Ball at WJJMS 3:30pm-4:30pm! Click here for flyer with details.
- CT Storm Basketball: Spring Information. Click here for flyers with details and registration form here.
- CASTLE: Preschool Summer Adventure Camp. Click here for details.
- Cragin Library March Programs: Craig Library has many wonderful programs for our community! For upcoming March Children Programs click here and Teen Programs here.
- Colchester Youth and Social Services: Colchester YSS offers many services and programs for our Colchester community. Click here for more information.
- Register now for Collaborative Problem Solving Parenting Workshop: Are you parenting a behaviorally challenging kid? At your wits end? Maybe you’ve tried it all and you’re still struggling? Join us, click here for details. A 4-part workshop that will introduce Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS), a strengths-based approach that brings new ideas and new hope for helping kids with behavioral challenges.
Last Week's Digital Backpack