JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
June 9, 2017
- Town/Education Budget Referendum- Tuesday, June 13, 2017 – All voting takes place at Town Hall from 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Shortened Days - Thursday, June 15th and Friday, June 16th: The last two days of school will be shortened days. Dismissal will be at 12:55pm.
- News This Week at JJIS here!
- JJIS Library is Open All Summer! Click here for details.
- Technology Newsletter: May and June Edition here!
- Found Prescription Eyeglasses: Two pair of prescription eyeglasses in the lost and found box in our office. Please check with your child if you feel he/she has misplaced their glasses. All glasses will be donated to the Colchester Lions Club at the end of the trimester.
- Lost and Found: Please ask your child to check the lost and found bins located in the school lobby and cafeteria for any lost belongings. There are many, many items in each bin. All items will be donated to charity at the end of the trimester. Thank you.
- Is your child is interested in summer book clubs? Join in on the summer reading fun~Book Clubs and Games at JJIS!! Click here for details.
- June Calendar - Look Ahead at the JJIS June Calendar here!
- June Menus - Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Summer Assignment: Click here.
- Reminder: Chapersones Needed for JJIS Field Day:Information on field day here or on specific grade for details of event. Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5 .
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at the Colchester Elementary School cafeteria at 7:00pm.
- June 15th and June 16th: School Dismissal Schedule attached here.
- 2017-2018 School Calendar attached here.
- Handmade Tie-dyed T-shirts: Youth Services handmade $5 tie-dyed t-shirts on sale June 15th and June 16th. Profits will benefit our Colchester Youth & Social Services.
- Colchester Soccer Club Announcement: Rec Soccer registration has now ended and a late fee is now applied. Anyone still interested please register http://colchestersoccer.org/ by June 18th for team placement!
- New Venture Crew Forming: Become A Founding Member Youth (14-20 yrs old) & Adult Leaders/Committee Members Contact: Jeff Tassmer 860-992-8193 Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services Community Closet: New and gently used clothing and shoes for adults and children. Open to anyone in the community who has a need for clothing. If you are interested contact the CYSS office at 860-537-7255.
- Colchester Connections: Click here.
- CASTLE Summer Programs here.
- Tag Sale on the Green: Room for a few more retail/tag sale vendors! Applications at www.colchesterctbusiness.com
- Summer Registration Online: Summer trip calendar here! Questions call (860)537-7255.
- Free and Subsidized Preschool Offered in Colchester: Click here for details.
- June Cragin Memorial Library Programs: Kids and Teens.
- Colchester Park and Rec Soccer Camp: Rec Registration here.
- Recipe of the Week - Healthy Eating: Strawberry Smoothie! For this recipe all you need is four simple ingredients. Look for fresh strawberries right in Colchester and add a little sugar if you want your smoothie a little sweeter! Click here for the recipe.
- 06/09/17- 06/11/17: Cragin Memorial Library Book & Bake Sale details here.
- 06/09/17: Colchester Moms Club Tag Sale June 9th-10th. Click here for details.
- 06/17/17: 2nd annual Cross Country 5K to Outrace Hunger flyerhere.
- 06/20/17: CT Storm Girls Basketball Clinic -Click here for details and registration
- 06/20/17: Author Laura Bradford to Visit at Cragin: Details here.
- 06/22/17: Cragin Lego Construction Event: Click here for details.
- 06/26/17: CYB Boys & Girls Bobcat Basketball Camp- June 26-30th. Details here.
- BA Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, July 28th, 10am at Blackledge details here
- 08/18/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 -Joining Night K-5: 6 pm at St. Andrew's Church.
- 08/25/17: Cub Scout Pack 13 Ice Cream Social:Friday, August 25th at St. Andrew's Church. Any questions, please email email@example.com
Last Week's Digital Backpack