Technology Skills Education prepares students to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and understanding of concepts related to technology. By using technology resources to collect and analyze data, interpret results, and communicate findings to maximize student learning. For resource to help your child learn keyboarding skills from home, you can use this sheet.
By the end of fifth grade, we expect students to be able to:
• Know the basic operations of computer hardware and software
• Use appropriate keyboarding techniques (as grade-level appropriate)
• Have a basic understanding of the three main applications (word processing, spread sheets, and presentation software)
• Be able to navigate, retrieve, and site information off the internet and data bases
• Have a basic understanding of social, legal, and ethical issues relating to computer technology