Message from Principal Peel
Re: Open House and Communication Methods
September 6, 2018
Dear Students and Parents/Caregivers,
All of us here at Bacon Academy are looking forward to seeing you at Open House on Thursday, September 13th from 6:00-8:00pm! This will be a “paperless” event; therefore, we ask all parents/caregivers to come with a copy of their student schedules. Schedules may be accessed through the PowerSchool Mobile App for iPhone and iPad. Visit our website for more information on the app: http://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=345.
We’d like to take this opportunity to share with you the ways in which Bacon Academy communicates to keep you updated on school activities. The following links (many of which are links to the Bacon Academy website, http://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=12) may be followed for more information, including account set-up, managing user preferences, and contact information.
The Digital Backpack
- The Digital Backpack is the most comprehensive source of information. It is updated and posted weekly on the Bacon Academy website. A link is then emailed home each week:
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal provides a wealth of information including:
- The PowerSchool Mobile App for iPhone and iPad:
- Follow this link to create a parent PowerSchool account:
- Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
The Bacon Academy Calendar
- The Bacon Academy Calendar tracks school, club, and community events that occur at Bacon:
- Important/urgent information that needs to be sent district-wide will come from the Superintendent of Schools via SchoolMessenger in the form of a phone call/email/or text (SMS) message. Bacon Academy may send emails and text (SMS) messages for important reminders.
- Follow this link to create a Contact Manager account in SchoolMessenger, so that you can decide which of your phone numbers and emails receive our messages. Also, it is in Contact Manager that you can register your cell phone number to receive text (SMS) messages. Due to FCC laws, we do not send text (SMS) messages to cell phone numbers that have not been registered to receive our text (SMS) messages.
- Twitter is used to release timely information on a wide variety of topics. Our official school Twitter account is @BaconAcademy (https://mobile.twitter.com/BaconAcademy?p=s)
- Principal Peel may be followed @BA_Peel. Mrs. Begue may be followed at @BA_Begue. Mrs. Cyr may be followed at @BAAPCyr.
- The School Counseling Department Twitter is @BaconCounseling.
- For district information, follow @COLschools.
If you have trouble accessing PowerSchool, please contact the School Counseling office at (860) 537-2378 ext. 2205 or 2206. We’ll see you on September 13th!