Dear Athletes and Families:
We are excited to announce our NEW online Athletic registration located in the E-Collect forms in your PowerSchool Parent Portal. Click here for instructions.
The secure registration platform provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR SCHOOL ATHLETICS
PHYSICAL EXAMS: A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If the student’s physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received. State of Connecticut Dept of Ed Health Assessment Record (the "Blue Form")
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Doctor Information
- Health Insurance Information
Medication - Student Medications Pertaining to Sports
Pay to Play Form: Winter Pay to Play collection dates are: December 9th through December 13th. Click here for form
Waiver And Release Form: For Parents Providing Transportation For Their Child(Ren) From Athletic Or School Events
Athletic Registration Link to Parent Portal
Athletic Academic Requirements:
In addition to all CIAC eligibility rules, Bacon Academy requires student-athletes to be passing a minimum of 5 classes excluding physical education courses (0945, 0946, 0941) for each marking period. This rule also pertains to fall sports which uses course grades rather than marking period grades. Click here to review recent changes to the academic standards for the class of 2016 and beyond.
There will be several games available on-line as part of the new NFHS Network at www.NFHSnetwork.com
CIAC Tournament Central: Your online place to go to stay up-to-date on Bacon sports. From the first day of the season to the day of the State
Championship, you can get all the schedules, results and up-to-the minute information in your web browser, sent to your inbox, or on your mobile device.
The following link provides a list of all Bacon Academy sports: Bacon Sports
CIAC Rules of Eligibility
ECC Website: http://www.eccathletics.org/
- Complete registration
- Student Athlete Handbook
- Complete CT Pre-Participation Sports Evaluation
- Important Sports Physical Letter regarding physicals no longer available at the school.
- All students that plan to participate in interscholastic sports must have a current physical on file in the nurse's office. The physical is valid for 13 months from date of completion. The State of Connecticut Dept of Ed Health Assessment Record (the "Blue Form") is acceptable as a sports physical form. The physical forms can be obtained from the main office at Bacon Academy or on the district website. Please return the completed form to the nurse's office one week prior to tryouts. Do not turn in form to the coach.
- The district has adopted new medication policies, which are on the district website. Medication forms can be obtained on the district website or Bacon Academy main office.
- Complete a Pay to Play Form.
Varsity Games Played at the High School
- Cross Country
Basketball and Volleyball play in Dave Shea Gymnasium - Spectator Parking is in the front of the school - enter through auditorium entrance.
Football, Soccer and Track play on the Football/Soccer/Track field - located in the back left of Bacon Academy - parking available.
Baseball, Softball, Tennis and X-Country play in the back right of Bacon Academy - parking available.
The following sports are played at McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
- JV Softball
- JV Baseball
Directions to McCarthy Field and Chanticlair Golf Course
Rte. 395 to Rte. 2
Exit 18 - take a right
At second stop light, turn left
At next stop light, bear left
Turn right onto Old Hebron Road
McCarthy Field is 1/2 mile on the left - Chanticlair is 1/2 mile on the right