CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
July 12, 2019 - Summer Digital Backpack
- Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful summer!
- Summer Meals Outreach: For locations near Colchester call 211 or Text CTmeals to 877877 or visit their website at www.CTSummerMeals.org. Questions contact 860-807-2144 or click here for more information. The Colchester Food Bank is available to all Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is open to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- CES Summer Fun at Cragin with CES teachers! Share Monday evenings in the summer with CES teachers to hear books read at the Cragin Memorial Library at 6:00. Our amazing PTO provides pizza! The dates are: July 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Click here for complete schedule.
- Free and Reduced-price Meals Information:Free and Reduced-price School Meal Prices 2019-2020, Income Guidelines to Determine Eligibility, Application for Free and Reduced-price School Meals and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Husky Health Insurance: Does your child have health insurance? If not, please click here for details.
- Text Message Communication: Are you receiving text messages from our schools? If you haven’t signed up just send a text to 67587 to opt in. Click here for details.
- Student Information Forms: Please complete your child’s online Student Information Form prior by August 15, 2019. You may access the online form from your PowerSchool parent portal on the left navigation column listed under “Ecollect Forms”. The PowerSchool parent portal link is: https://colchester.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Early Childhood Screenings for 3 and 4 year old Colchester children: Click here for more information.
- NEW Feature in the Parent Portal of PowerSchool! “Ecollect”: Colchester Public Schools is excited to announce a new online system to streamline enrollment, student information updates and communication. For additional information you may view the Ecollect form instructions and Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms.
- School Calendar for 2019-2010 here.
- Parents/Caregivers of Students Entering Kindergarten: Please read the attached form for Transition to Kindergarten.
- Permission for transition card: Click Here
- Bus Policy for Electronics: Click here
- June News from the Nest: Click here to read!
- CES open chair positions and for more info click here.
- Commissioner's Summer Math Challenge: This year's theme is "A Journey Through Mathematics." Click here for link.
- Volunteer/Chaperone Form: If you would like to volunteer/chaperone in the 2019-2020 school year please complete a Volunteer Application.
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Pupil Services/Special Education Office New Location: The office is now located at 380 Norwich Avenue which is attached to the William J. Johnston Middle School Building. Phone: 860-537-3103.
- Colchester Food Bank is available to ALL Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Colchester Recreation Upcoming Events/Programs here!
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps and next week is July 15-19 for boys. Coaches will work both weeks together with college players. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details here and registration form here.
- Bacon Academy Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, August 2, 2019 at Blackledge Country Club, 180 West St. in Hebron, 10am shotgun start, scramble format. Includes: 18-holes of golf, driving cart, lunch, dinner raffles and prizes (closest to pin, long drive and putting contest). $125 per golfer/$500 per foursome. Tee sponsorships available. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy Athletics and field maintenance. Register by contacting Rob LaSaracina at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the registration form.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services Summer trip calendar here: For more information call (860) 537-7255 or visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov).
Last Week's Digital Backpack