CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
November 16, 2018
- REMINDER Shortened Day: Wednesday, November 21st dismissal at 12:55pm for K-2 and PreK-AM hours 8:35am-10:35am and PreK-PM hours are 10:55am-12:55pm.
- Reminder: No School Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 -Thanksgiving Recess
- Student Drop Off Procedure Letter from Principal O'Meara: Click here to read.
- November News from the Nest: Click here to read.
- Lockdown Drill Letter: Click here to read about cafeteria lockdown practice drills.
- CES Pajama Day- November 19th: Click here for details.
- CES Order form for T-Shirts/Sweatshirts click here.
- Adopt-A-Family program- This program is run out the National Guard Office, but is eligible for all service families. If you would like to adopt a family or know a family who may need to be adopted, please contact the information on the flier and guidelines attached.
- Stop and Shop - Sign up today to support our schools! If you are not signed up… Visit stopandshop.com. Rewards for Schools: Click here for details.
- CES Spirit Fridays: Show your school spirit every Friday by wearing red and white or your CES shirts and sweatshirts.
- PTO Staff Appreciation Luncheon -December 6th: Click here for flier with details.
- Hartford Wolfpack on November 17th: CES PTO Night with the Hartford Wolfpack details attached here.
- The Next Half Day Hooray is December 7th – Holiday Hoopla: Half-Day Hooray is a program designed for Colchester students in grades K through 5, presented by Colchester Recreation, Youth Services and Cragin Library. This program is held at CES and kids participating from JJIS will be bused over after the half-day of school. Click here for details and here for registration form.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at the William J. Johnston Middle School at 7:00PM.
- Bacon Academy Powderpuff Football: Monday, November 19th at 6:30 pm Juniors vs. Seniors playing under the lights at the Recplex R8 (Cougar Field). Admission in $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. The concession stand will also be available for drinks and snacks.
- Holiday Homecoming 12/1/18: Colchester Parks and Rec: 2018 Holiday Homecoming is Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. all community members are invited to the Town Green as Colchester welcomes the holiday season with our Annual Holiday Homecoming Celebration. Click here for details.
- Concert -Holiday Homecoming Concert Saturday, December 1, 6:30 p.m. Colchester Civic Orchestra & Choir invites you to attend our special annual holiday concert at the Colchester Federated Church immediately following the tree-lighting festivities on the Town Green. Come in to warm up and hear music of the season performed by a live orchestra and choir. Listen to a special Hanukkah presentation, sing a medley of Christmas carols with us, and make the rafters resound at the end with Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. All are invited to a reception with holiday treats following the concert. Admission is free; donations gratefully accepted.
- Bacon Academy Book Fair: Save the date! The Bacon Academy Library will be hosting a book fair at the Glastonbury Barnes and Noble on Sunday December 2, 2018 from 9 am to 9 pm. Come shop at the event, mention Bacon Academy at the register and the library will earn a percentage of the sales. Staff and students will be there showcasing their talents. We are looking forward to another great event!
- Sleigh Bells Craft Fair at Bacon Academy 12/1/18: Saturday, DECEMBER 1st from 9:00am to 3:00pm ...a perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There are over 65 vendors ,food, and fun! The booth fees have generated funds that will be supporting our unified art and art department!
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards: Our CPS ID# for Stop & Shop A+ Rewards in 05879! Register your card if you have not done so in previous years and earn points for our schools. Click here for the letter and information.
Last Week's Digital Backpack