CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
May 25, 2018
- No School: Monday, May 28th -Memorial Day
- June Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu or click here to view all schools.
- An Updated Parent Letter from CES Cafeteria: Click here for the updated parent letter from our Cafeteria Manager, Fran Bysko.
- Parents/Caregivers of Grade 2 Students: The CES Grade 2 Parent Orientation is May 30th at JJIS: Click here for details.
- Math Strategies: Understanding the Importance of Math Strategies: Click here for our Math Specialist, Mrs. Karen Gambolati’s article on the importance of math strategies. As it references an earlier article of hers regarding gradual release of responsibility with application problems, we have included it here for families’ convenience.
- Board of Education Meeting: Monday, June 11th at Bacon Academy in the Media Center at 7:00pm.
- School and Town Budget Referendum : June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting).
- Summer Meals are free, nutritious, meals and snacks that are provided to kids and teens, 18 yrs. old and younger, throughout the summer. Location sites will be available in June. Call 211 or text CTmeals to 877877 or visit www.CTSummerMeals.org
- Education Budget Information: School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting). The Education Budget documents are linked here.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall.
- UCFS Mental Health Awareness Information: Click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Boy Scout Troop 13 is seeking donations for its booth at the Tag Sale on the Green to be held Sunday, June 10, 2018. Seeking toys, books, holiday decorations, kitchen items, small household items, but no clothes, TVs, or electronics please. Support Scouting. Call Julie at (860) 215-5419 to arrange pick up or email email@example.com.
- 2018 Bacon Academy Visual Art Exhibition: Bacon Academy AP Studio Art Seniors will be the focus at the art show, as they will have individualized displays! When: May 31, 2018 Where: Bacon Academy lobby Time: 5pm-6pm.
- Kid’s Consignment June 8th-10th Hosted by the Mom’s Club of Colchester: Click here for details.
- Soccer Club deadline for registration in the Recreation League is May 31st: The fall season runs from mid-August through October and is open to players from PreK – 12th grade. Register on-time to avoid a $40 late fee. Please visit colchestersoccer.org for additional information and registration.
- Colchester Federated Church Music Fundraiser: “The Backseat Boogie Boys” will perform on Sunday June 3rd at 3pm. Click here for details.
- Save the Date for the Bacon Athletic’s Golf Event: August 3, 2018. Click here for details. The funds raised are distributed to the BA Athletic sports teams participating in the event.
- Colchester Summer Camp Calendar: Click here for the day camp calendar of events!
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fun season of football and cheerleading: To learn more about the program and registration information click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Summer Trips (Online) Registration is May: Click here for information and here for the calendar of trips.
- Eastern CT Soccer Camp: Click here for camp details.
- CASTLE offers summer programs for children entering Kindergarten through grade 8. Click here for more details.
- Parent Support Program for Children with Anxiety or Depression: Details here.
- For Parents of Children of All Ages – Click here for details.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Cub Scout Pack 13 Events: Save the dates! Ice Cream Social, Friday, August 24th at 6pm and Joining Night Friday, September 14th at 6pm. Both events will be at St. Andrew's Parish hall.
Last Week's Digital Backpack