CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
March 15, 2019
- NEW Online Registration is Now Available! Incoming kindergarten students and students NEW to Colchester Public Schools can now register online. Visit our Registration webpage at: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=581.
- School Wide Pajama Day sponsored by the PTO on March 22nd: Click here
- CES Spring Picture Day is Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- CES News from the Nest attached here.
- Birthday Book Wish List attached here.
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar: Updated version here. (added: snow days/2-hour delays
- CES Incoming Kindergarten Story Time: “Kindergarten Story Time” program for 4 and 5 year-old Colchester children who will be entering kindergarten during the 2019-2020 school year. Upcoming dates are Friday, March 15, and April 5th click here for details.
- Sock Drive: CES student/Cub Scout Ryder East is collecting new/packaged socks for the Covenant Shelter March 11th-15th. Donation boxes are located in the CES office and at Bacon Academy.
- PreSchool Family Math Night is Thursday March 21st, 6:00pm-7:00pm. Click here for details.
- Jump Rope for Heart Parent Letter: This year marks the 26th year that Colchester Public Schools will be participating in the annual Jump Rope for Heart sponsored by the American Heart Association. Click here to learn more about this exciting event.
- 2019 Get Ready for the Kids Heart Challenge! Click here for the parent letter.
- Order your CES Yearbooks Now: YEARBOOKS ARE ON SALE NOW thanks to our amazing CES PTO! Purchase now until March 22nd for only $18.00. I cannot stress enough how important it is to purchase a yearbook now to guarantee your child gets one! Order Yearbooks | Lifetouch Yearbooks Use CES code 13227019.
- What is Math Talk? Vocabulary is only one part of Math Talk with your child. Asking questions and always digging deeper is another. Click here to read more.
- DeMarcus S. White Memorial Fund has been established by community members to create an enduring memorial for DeMarcus in the Colchester Elementary School library. Click here for a copy of the flyer.
- Budget Public Hearing Meeting: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 7:00pm at Town Hall Meeting Room.
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar: Updated version here. (added: snow days/2-hour delays)
- Parents and Community Members: Colchester students in grades 6-12 recently completed a survey regarding substance abuse. In order to get a complete and accurate picture of our community needs, YouthFIRST, Colchester's Local Prevention Council, is looking to gather information from parents and community members in an effort to understand the role that adults play in the use of alcohol and other substances among adolescents, and the perception of adults regarding underage drinking and substance use. Please take a moment to complete this survey by March 22nd. Thank you so much for helping to make a difference in your community. Click on the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ColchesterCommunity2019
- The BA Interact Club is hosting a book drive March 18th through March 29th. All genres of books will be accepting and will be donated to Reach Out to Read and other charitable organizations. Collections boxes will be located at BA and WJJMS offices, and in the lobby of CES and JJIS
- Colchester Soccer Club: is still seeking a 1st Grade Divisional Coordinator for the upcoming Fall 2019 soccer season. Role will begin this spring! Please contact Tim at email@example.com for more information. We are also seeking a Co-Director for our SoccerFest Travel tournament, and a volunteer to help on the SoccerFest Committee with Sponsorship requests. If interested, please contact Jenn at Jenn.Mahon@colchestersoccer.org.
- Parks and Rec: April vacation camps and list of programs and events attached here!
- People Empowering People (PEP)- Beginning March 20th- is a personal, family and leadership development program for parents. Please see the flyer here.
- Colchester Youth Services Programs and Events: Click here for April vacation trips!
- CASTLE is looking for input on your Childcare Needs in Town: Please see the attached 30 second questionnaire here. Thank you!
- Cub Scout Pack 109 Pancake Breakfast is Saturday, March 16th: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack