CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
January 17, 2020
- No School: Monday, January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- News From the Nest December, 2019 & January, 2020: Click here
- Music Room News: Click here for flyer.
- CES Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Registration Now Open: Click here for details.
- Story Time for Incoming 2020-2021 Kindergarten: Click here for dates and details.
- Early Childhood - Application for PreSchool Lottery here: Due January 31, 2020. All applications received past deadline will be waitlisted.)
- Reading at Home- Ways to Help Children Build A Reading Life Outside of School: Click here
- CES PTO Night with the Hartford Wolf Pack Saturday, January 25th at 7pm . Click here for flyer.
- "Yoga and Mindful Me" is an afterschool yoga class at CES that is being offered by Colchester Parks and Recreation. Each class will combine yoga and mindfulness practices in fun and engaging ways. Children will participate in activities that will have them stretch and strengthen their bodies through yoga postures, learn breathing techniques, build social skills while connecting to themselves and others and learn strategies for self regulation and relaxation. Register and get full description at :www.colchesterct.gov/recreation-department or call (860) 537-7297 Day/Time- Thursday: 2/6/20-3/5/20 3:15-4:30 Location: CES: Room F7 Grades K-2 Cost: $35.00 Instructor: Susie Hawkins
- PTO Science Night is Feburary 5, 2020: Click here for details.
- PTO Spring Fundraiser: Gertrude Hawk last day is February 19, 2020. Flyer here.
- Second Grade Lacrosse see attached information to join: Click here
- Colchester is Kind's 2020 kindness contest happening during Random Acts of Kindness week in Feb! Would love for you to share this in your schools. It's open to all ages and there are three prizes! The objective is for participants to complete as many acts of kindness as they can during the week. The flyer is attached and the web link: https://colchesteriskind.com/2020/01/07/2020-colchester-kin
- PEP session UPDATE! It has been moved from Tuesdays to Thursdays beginning February 20th! Daytime PEP group is still being offered on Wednesday mornings from 9 am to 11am beginning January 15th. Click here for flyer.
- A word from our Media-Technology Teacher here
- CES Birthday Book Club Wish list here.
- Updated School Calendar - Marking Periods/Grade dates updated here.
- Colchester Public Schools Adopts Board of Education Meeting Management Technology: Colchester Public Schools has implemented an online Board of Education meeting management tool called BoardDocs. Click here for details.
- Last Day of School (if no more snow/emergency closings) for the 2019-2020 school year is Monday, June 15, 2020 due to the 12/17/19 snow day.
- Candlelight Vigil for Todt Family: A Candlelight Vigil for Megan,Alek,Tyler,Zoe and Breezy Todt will be held Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 5:00pm on the Colchester Town Green. Click here for link.
- Community Conversations Thursday, 1/29 at 6pm: Screenagers: The Next Chapter Extra credit may be available for youth who attend ACCOMPANIED BY a parent/guardian from participating teachers. Click herefor flyer.
- Colchester is Kind's 2020 kindness contest happening during Random Acts of Kindness week in Feb! Would love for you to share this in your schools. It's open to all ages and there are three prizes! The objective is for participants to complete as many acts of kindness as they can during the week. The flyer is attached here and here's the web link: https://colchesteriskind.com/2020/01/07/2020-colchester-kindness-ninja-contest/
- My Someone Special and Me Dance” February 15, 2020: Open to ALL girls K-12 in Colchester! Click here for flyer with details.
- Support Troop 109 while watching the Super Bowl: Click here for flyer with details.
- Kids Programs at Cragin here!
- Teens Programs at Cragin here!
- Holidays getting you down? UCFS could help. Click here for flyer with details
- 2/7/20: SAVE THE DATE! Prom Night for students with special needs: Night to Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Register early as space is limited! Register here: https://cthope.com/events Will be held at East Hampton Middle School. Click here for flyer with details.
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held February 27th, 2020! JJIS will sponsor the annual DIGITAL LEARNING DAY! This event is free and open to all! Bring your own device (pad, pod or internet ready device) and attend personalized learning opportunities! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Coerver CT East Soccer: Click here for flyer with details of programs.
- Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Story Time at the Colchester Elementary School: Click here for dates and details.
- Kindergarten Registration is NOW open for the CES 2020-2021. Click here for details.
- Smarter Appliance: has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser: a portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance on January 26 & 27 will be donated to Project Grad. No forms needed, and they are open an hour later on the 27th!
- Half Day Hooray- February 14th: Half-Day Hooray is a program designed for Colchester students in grades K through 5, presented by Colchester Recreation, Youth Services and Cragin Library. This program is held at CES for grades K-2 and at JJIS for grades 3-5. Our next session will take place on February 14th from 12:55pm to 4:00pm. Pick up will be between 4:00pm and 4:30pm. The fee per child is $20. Registration for the February session closes on Wednesday, February 5th. Forms can be brought to the school office, Colchester Recreation, Youth Services, or Cragin Library. Snack is included in the program. Half Day Hooray at CES will feature a performance by Jungle Jim and his Ballooniverse, CrossFit Kids, legos, crafts and games! JJIS students will engage in Team Building challenges with Empower Leadership Sports, jewelry making, cooking activities, and more! Be sure to sign up, spots are limited and you don’t want to miss out on this exciting program! Registration forms can be found online at www.colchesterct.gov
Last Week's Digital Backpack