JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
May 25, 2018
- REMINDER: NO SCHOOL - May 28, 2018 MEMORIAL DAY
- June Principal’s Chat! Click here.
- PTO’s May/June Newsletter. Click here.
- June Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Jaguar Classroom News! Click here.
- April/May Technology News! Click here.
- JJIS Jogothon Returns! May 31, 2018! Please click here for more details.
- Spring weather is hopefully close at hand: Please clarify the dress code with your child. For more information, click here.
- Rental Instruments: Please do not drop off any rental instruments at Jack Jackter Intermediate School. All rental instruments must be returned to the vendor.
- Grade 2 Parents are invited to attend a Parent Orientation at JJIS on May 30, 2018 from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Parents will be given an overview of JJIS as well as a tour of our school!
- Lego Robotics! It is that time of year again to begin the process of selecting team members for the 2018-2019 JJIS Lego Robotics Team. Teachers and parents are invited to recommend grade 3 and grade 4 students who are creative, cooperative, and capable of working in both structured and unstructured environments. Students will spend considerable time researching a specific topic and then apply creative, innovative solutions to the problems they find. They must be able to make a commitment of four hours per week from September through December and attend Saturday competitions in late fall. The JJIS Lego Team has a limited number of team positions. If this is something you think your child might want to be considered for, please email your recommendation to Randerson@colchesterct.org by May 23, 2018.
- Grade 4 Student Agenda Cover Contest! Click here for more details.
- The JJIS FIELD DAYS are scheduled! Grades 3 & Grade 4: June 14, 2018 from 1:00 until 3:00 PM. Grade 5: June 15, 2018 from 9:00 until 11:00 AM. Volunteers are needed! Please click on the grade for more details!JJIS FIELD DAYS are scheduled! Grades 3: June 14, 2018 from 1:00 until 3:00 PM and Grade 4 field day 9am-11am. Grade 5: June 15, 2018 from 9:00 until 11:00 AM. Volunteers are needed!
- We are happy to announce that JJIS staff members will be holding a SUMMER SERIES event on June 21, 2018. Students will attend various stations and learn about internet, bike, pet and tick safety. They will also meet with people from Cragin Memorial Library, Colchester Park & Rec Department as well as the Boy and Girl Scouts of America.
- Are you the parent of a current 5th through 11th grader? If so, that means that your child can participate in Colchester Youth Services’ Summer Trips this year! Join us for an info session on Wednesday, June 6th from 5:30pm-6:30pm at the Youth Center located at 40 Norwich Avenue. This meeting will provide you with the opportunity to meet our staff, check out our vans, and ask any questions you may have about the summer. We look forward to meeting you all!
- The 70 students who participated in the 6 Flags Read to Succeed Challenge have received their tickets. Please note the tickets are valid Monday through Thursday, July 9th-August 30th. Congratulations to all students who participated!
- CT Summer Meal Sites Available! Click here for more details.
- Board of Education Meeting: Monday, June 11th at Bacon Academy in the Media Center at 7:00pm.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting).
- Summer Meals are free, nutritious, meals and snacks that are provided to kids and teens, 18 yrs. old and younger, throughout the summer. Location sites will be available in June. Call 211 or text CTmeals to 877877 or visit www.CTSummerMeals.org
- Education Budget Information: School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting). The Education Budget documents are linked here.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall.
- UCFS Mental Health Awareness Information: Click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Boy Scout Troop 13 is seeking donations for its booth at the Tag Sale on the Green to be held Sunday, June 10, 2018. Seeking toys, books, holiday decorations, kitchen items, small household items, but no clothes, TVs, or electronics please. Support Scouting. Call Julie at (860) 215-5419 to arrange pick up or email email@example.com.
- 2018 Bacon Academy Visual Art Exhibition: Bacon Academy AP Studio Art Seniors will be the focus at the art show, as they will have individualized displays! When: May 31, 2018 Where: Bacon Academy lobby Time: 5pm-6pm.
- Kid’s Consignment June 8th-10th Hosted by the Mom’s Club of Colchester: Click here for details.
- Soccer Club deadline for registration in the Recreation League is May 31st: The fall season runs from mid-August through October and is open to players from PreK – 12th grade. Register on-time to avoid a $40 late fee. Please visit colchestersoccer.org for additional information and registration.
- Colchester Federated Church Music Fundraiser: “The Backseat Boogie Boys” will perform on Sunday June 3rd at 3pm. Click here for details.
- Save the Date for the Bacon Athletic’s Golf Event: August 3, 2018. Click here for details. The funds raised are distributed to the BA Athletic sports teams participating in the event.
- Colchester Summer Camp Calendar: Click here for the day camp calendar of events!
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fun season of football and cheerleading: To learn more about the program and registration information click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Summer Trips (Online) Registration is May: Click here for information and here for the calendar of trips.
- Eastern CT Soccer Camp: Click here for camp details.
- CASTLE offers summer programs for children entering Kindergarten through grade 8. Click here for more details.
- Parent Support Program for Children with Anxiety or Depression: Details here.
- For Parents of Children of All Ages – Click here for details.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Cub Scout Pack 13 Events: Save the dates! Ice Cream Social, Friday, August 24th at 6pm and Joining Night Friday, September 14th at 6pm. Both events will be at St. Andrew's Parish hall.
Last Week's Digital Backpack