JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
March 15, 2019
- 2018-2019 Revised District School Calendar: Click here.
- 2019-2020 Parent Placement Request Form. Although it seems early, we have begun the process of preparing for the upcoming 2019-2010 school year. Part of that process includes creating class lists. Please click here for more information on the process and the opportunity for parent input and here for the form.
- Gr. 5 Human Growth & Development classes begin at JJIS! Classes will begin the week of April 22 through May 10, 2019 for all grade 5 students. An informational parent meeting will be held on April 11, 2019 in the JJIS media center at 6:00 PM, should you wish more information. Click here for details.
- JJIS SPRING AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS! This brochure contains a variety of clubs from which your child(ren) can participate. This will be the LAST 6-week club session for the school year. Sign up early to reserve your spot! Click here for brochure and sign up.
- AUTHOR, ELLEN POTTER to visit JJIS! She will visit with all JJIS students on March 29th. If you are interested in purchasing a book for your child, please click here for a copy of the order form. Ellen Potter will be happy to autograph all books purchased. Orders are due by March 13, 2019.
- SPRING PICTURE DAY - MARCH 22, 2019: (Rescheduled from snow day of March 5th). All students will be photographed on picture day. Neither money nor order form is due on that day. Shortly after picture day you will receive “proof” of your child(ren)’s picture from which you may place an order.
- SCHOOL SPIRIT PJ DAY WILL BE HELD ON MARCH 29TH! This is the same day as the March ROCKS RALLY and to celebrate the 14, 665 boxtops collected and donated by the JJIS students!
- GRADE 5 PANORAMIC Picture Day - MARCH 25, 2019. All grade 5 students will be photographed together on 3/25/19. Order forms/payment is due on that day.
- Annual Spring SBAC Testing! Yes, we are fast approaching that time of year. The CT Smarter Balanced Assessment will begin on April 23rd and run through May 17th, 2019. Please make every effort to avoid making appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.) during that time. Thank you for your assistance. For more information, click here.
- JJIS YEARBOOK! Order your yearbook online today! JJIS Code #13226919. Website: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectStudent?isAdvertisementOnly=False
- JJIS YEARBOOK (hard copy) order forms were given to all students. Copies are also available in the office as well. Click here for your copy. “LAST CHANCE” orders due by March 17, 2019.
- The Bacon Academy Interact Club is hosting a book drive from March 18th through March 29th. All genres of books will be accepted, and many will hopefully be donated to the Reach Out and Read Program. A box for collection will be located in the main office.
- A Note To School. Click here for your copy!
- Budget Public Hearing Meeting: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 7:00pm at Town Hall Meeting Room.
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar: Updated version here. (added: snow days/2-hour delays)
- Parents and Community Members: Colchester students in grades 6-12 recently completed a survey regarding substance abuse. In order to get a complete and accurate picture of our community needs, YouthFIRST, Colchester's Local Prevention Council, is looking to gather information from parents and community members in an effort to understand the role that adults play in the use of alcohol and other substances among adolescents, and the perception of adults regarding underage drinking and substance use. Please take a moment to complete this survey by March 22nd. Thank you so much for helping to make a difference in your community. Click on the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ColchesterCommunity2019
- The BA Interact Club is hosting a book drive March 18th through March 29th. All genres of books will be accepting and will be donated to Reach Out to Read and other charitable organizations. Collections boxes will be located at BA and WJJMS offices, and in the lobby of CES and JJIS
- Colchester Soccer Club: is still seeking a 1st Grade Divisional Coordinator for the upcoming Fall 2019 soccer season. Role will begin this spring! Please contact Tim at email@example.com for more information. We are also seeking a Co-Director for our SoccerFest Travel tournament, and a volunteer to help on the SoccerFest Committee with Sponsorship requests. If interested, please contact Jenn at Jenn.Mahon@colchestersoccer.org.
- Parks and Rec: April vacation camps and list of programs and events attached here!
- People Empowering People (PEP)- Beginning March 20th- is a personal, family and leadership development program for parents. Please see the flyer here.
- Colchester Youth Services Programs and Events: Click here for April vacation trips!
- CASTLE is looking for input on your Childcare Needs in Town: Please see the attached 30 second questionnaire here. Thank you!
- Cub Scout Pack 109 Pancake Breakfast is Saturday, March 16th: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack