JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
November 16, 2018
- REMINDER: 12:55 PM Dismissal/November 21, 2018
- REMINDER: NO SCHOOL - November 22 & 23, 2018 - Happy Thanksgiving
- REMINDER: NO AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS - November 19, 22.
- Jack Jackter Birthday Book Club! A $ 20.00 donation in your child’s name to the JJIS Media will allow your child to choose a book from a special collection in their honor. Click here for more details.
- The PTO STUDENT HOLIDAY GIFTS GALORE STORE will be open from December 3 through 7th.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Day! A PTO Luncheon will be held on December 6th in appreciation for all the JJIS staff do. They are asking for donations. Please click here for more details.
- The JJIS PTO gift card fundraiser is underway! All orders must be submitted by December 3. Purchase gift cards for birthday gifts, holiday presents and every day purchases and earn money for JJIS teachers and students! See attached flyer and order form for further details! Click here for more details.
- Community Conversations- Internet Safety/Social Media Awareness for parents and adult community members only. Please click here for flier and details here.
- Grade 4 & 5 Students 2018-2019 Connecticut Fire Prevention Poster Contest: Each year, fourth and fifth grade students across the state are invited to participate in the annual fire prevention poster contest. This year’s theme is: “Fire Prevention - Everyone/Everyday”. Our students were recently visited by the Colchester Fire Marshal, Sean Shoemaker, and were given instructions on how to create a submission for this annual contest. Winners will receive the following prizes: County - $150.00 State: $750.00 Check State Winner’s School: $500.00 Grant Check. Click here for more details.
- The Next Half Day Hooray is December 7th – Holiday Hoopla: Half-Day Hooray is a program designed for Colchester students in grades K through 5, presented by Colchester Recreation, Youth Services and Cragin Library. This program is held at CES and kids participating from JJIS will be bused over after the half-day of school. Click here for details and here for registration form.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at the William J. Johnston Middle School at 7:00PM.
- Bacon Academy Powderpuff Football: Monday, November 19th at 6:30 pm Juniors vs. Seniors playing under the lights at the Recplex R8 (Cougar Field). Admission in $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. The concession stand will also be available for drinks and snacks.
- Holiday Homecoming 12/1/18: Colchester Parks and Rec: 2018 Holiday Homecoming is Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. all community members are invited to the Town Green as Colchester welcomes the holiday season with our Annual Holiday Homecoming Celebration. Click here for details.
- Concert -Holiday Homecoming Concert Saturday, December 1, 6:30 p.m. Colchester Civic Orchestra & Choir invites you to attend our special annual holiday concert at the Colchester Federated Church immediately following the tree-lighting festivities on the Town Green. Come in to warm up and hear music of the season performed by a live orchestra and choir. Listen to a special Hanukkah presentation, sing a medley of Christmas carols with us, and make the rafters resound at the end with Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. All are invited to a reception with holiday treats following the concert. Admission is free; donations gratefully accepted.
- Bacon Academy Book Fair: Save the date! The Bacon Academy Library will be hosting a book fair at the Glastonbury Barnes and Noble on Sunday December 2, 2018 from 9 am to 9 pm. Come shop at the event, mention Bacon Academy at the register and the library will earn a percentage of the sales. Staff and students will be there showcasing their talents. We are looking forward to another great event!
- Sleigh Bells Craft Fair at Bacon Academy 12/1/18: Saturday, DECEMBER 1st from 9:00am to 3:00pm ...a perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There are over 65 vendors ,food, and fun! The booth fees have generated funds that will be supporting our unified art and art department!
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards: Our CPS ID# for Stop & Shop A+ Rewards in 05879! Register your card if you have not done so in previous years and earn points for our schools. Click here for the letter and information.
Last Week's Digital Backpack