JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
September 13, 2019
- JJIS ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE! Please join us on September 26, 2019 from 6:00 until 7:00 PM at our annual open house. You and your family will have the opportunity to meet our teachers and staff. You will also be able to visit your child’s classroom and tour the building! We hope you can attend.
- Calling all Chorus Students! Music & Choral Teacher, Mrs. Dostaler is extending an invitation to all JJIS students to join the chorus this year. For more information, please click here.
- HALF DAY HOORAY! Colchester Youth Services, Cragin Library and the Colchester Park and Rec Department is offering another Half Day Hooray opportunity on September 27, 2019 to all students in grades K-5. Click here for more information on how to sign up!
- September Principal Chat: Click hereto view.
- JJIS PTO Spiritwear Sale: Order online here ! Order forms in your child's Friday Folder. New colors and styles available! Sale ends 9/16.
- Half Day Hooray Program: In our second year, we are planning more exciting STEAM activities and programs to be held on the scheduled professional development days. Children enrolled in CES or JJIS are welcome to register for one or all 4! Click here for details.Girls
- On The Run Program: Will be opening online registration for the JJIS Fall team on September 4th. We will meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school until 5:00. All meetings are held at JJIS with a Celebratory 5k at the end of our season in November. To register online and learn more about our program please go to: gotrsect.org
- Parents/Caregivers: Click here to read the Letter from Supt. Jeffrey Burt concerning the Eastern Equine Encephalitis disease carrying mosquitoes.
- Colchester Public School News Twitter - Follow @COLschools on Twitter. If you don't have Twitter you could just click on the link here to view the latest posts!
- Cragin: Kid Governor to visit Cragin – Saturday, September 14th, click here for flier.
- Babysitting Basic Course: Wednesday, October 30th, click here for flier.
- UCFS Colchester Behavioral Health Center Programs: FLEXIBLE FRIENDS! A group for boys and girls ages 7-9 to build regulation, social and competency skills. PERSPECTIVE DETECTIVES A group for children ages 10-13 with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, and Anxiety. Click here for flier with details.
- Fun Run! Saturday, September 21st. Click here for details.
- CYB Travel Registration for 4-8th grade Boys/Girls in 4-8th grade is open! at www.colchesterbasketball.org. There are no fees for tryouts or registration. Tryout dates are tentatively scheduled for late September/early October. If you have any questions at email@example.com.
- Cragin Memorial Library Upcoming Programs: September Teen Events attached here and GSA Middle School September 20th flier here.
- Kids September Programs at Cragin here.
- Teen September Programs at Cragin here.
- Colchester pack 109 joining night information attached here.
- Harlem Wizards Trick Hoops & Alley-Oops coming Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 6:30pm to Bacon Academy! Friends of Football is hosting a family friendly fun-filled basketball fundraiser. Come out and watch Colchester teachers and staff play against the awe-inspiring Wizards. You will see a magical display of tricks, high energy comedy and audience interaction. Click here for details.
- Flu Clinic at the Town Hall – October 7th. Flier here.
- UCFS Healthcare: Back to School support details here.
- Cub Scout Pack 13 is having their Joining Night Friday, September 13th at 6:30 pm at St. Andrew's Church hall. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colchester Recreation Upcoming Events/Programs here!
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy Project Graduation Fundraiser at the Inishmor Thursday, Sept. 26!
- Ages 5 and up - Join Troop 72 September 28th 10am-3pm at Lions Pond, 292 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT . Rain date is 9/29. For more information contact email@example.com. Click here for flier.
Last Week's Digital Backpack