JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
July 12, 2019 - Summer Digital Backpack
- Summer Packet: Click here to view packet.
- Summer Meals Outreach: For locations near Colchester call 211 or Text CTmeals to 877877 or visit their website at www.CTSummerMeals.org. Questions contact 860-807-2144 or click here for more information. The Colchester Food Bank is available to all Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is open to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Free and Reduced-price Meals Information:Free and Reduced-price School Meal Prices 2019-2020, Income Guidelines to Determine Eligibility, Application for Free and Reduced-price School Meals and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Husky Health Insurance: Does your child have health insurance? If not, please click here for details.
- Text Message Communication: Are you receiving text messages from our schools? If you haven’t signed up just send a text to 67587 to opt in. Click here for details.
- Meet & Greet for Students New to Colchester! Newly enrolled grades 3, 4 and 5 students along with their parents/guardians and families who have recently moved to Colchester are welcome to the JJIS Orientation Program and tour. The orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 from 8:30 AM until 9:30 AM at the Jack Jackter Intermediate School Media Center, 215 Halls Hill Road. This is an opportunity to acquaint new students and their families with the school and educational program. Please call the school at 860-537-9421 by August 19th if you are able to attend.
- District 2019-2020 School Calendar here.
- JJIS Library Media Center is open all summer! Click here for details of dates and time!
- Back to School Summer Assignment: Each year, we ask that every student & staff member submit a brief response to the question….. “What I did this summer….” along with a picture. All submissions are posted in the hallways when students arrive back to school the end of August. Click here to obtain a copy.
- Student Information Forms: Please complete your child’s online Student Information Form prior by August 15, 2019. You may access the online form from your home/laptop computer in the PowerSchool parent portal on the left navigation column listed under “Ecollect Forms”. The PowerSchool parent portal link is: https://colchester.powerschool.com/public/home.html and for additional information you may view the Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms and Ecollect form instructions.
- What is E-Collect? Click on the Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms and Ecollect form instructions.
- 2019-2020 TRANSPORTATION FORM. We need your assistance. Please complete the 2019-2020 transportation form and return it to the JJIS as soon as possible. Please click here. A hard copy has also been placed in every students Friday Folder.
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Pupil Services/Special Education Office New Location: The office is now located at 380 Norwich Avenue which is attached to the William J. Johnston Middle School Building. Phone: 860-537-3103.
- Colchester Food Bank is available to ALL Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps and next week is July 15-19 for boys. Coaches will work both weeks together with college players. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details here and registration form here.
- Bacon Academy Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, August 2, 2019 at Blackledge Country Club, 180 West St. in Hebron, 10am shotgun start, scramble format. Includes: 18-holes of golf, driving cart, lunch, dinner raffles and prizes (closest to pin, long drive and putting contest). $125 per golfer/$500 per foursome. Tee sponsorships available. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy Athletics and field maintenance. Register by contacting Rob LaSaracina at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the registration form.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services Summer trip calendar here: For more information call (860) 537-7255 or visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov).
Last Week's Digital Backpack