JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
February 21, 2020
- JJIS February TECHNOLOGY NEWSLETTER! Click here.
- PTO SQUARE 1 ART Fundraiser! In partnership with the SQUARE I ART Company, a piece of your child’s artwork was sent to them. This company creates a unique opportunity to celebrate your child’s artistic accomplishments while raising much needed funds for the school. Please click here for more details. Be on the lookout for more ordering information soon! All online and paper order forms must be turned in by the due date on your child’s custom catalog. (No late orders can be accepted.) Together, we can help support the school, build your child’s self-esteem, and create lasting keepsakes from your child’s artistic achievements.
THREE EASY WAYS TO ORDER KEEPSAKES:
- The paper order form attached to their custom catalog.
- Online at https://shop.square1art.com/shop
- Phone Customer Care 888-332-3294.
- SPRING PICTURES WILL BE TAKEN ON MARCH 9, 2020! * All students will be photographed. Neither money nor order form is needed on that day. You will receive a “proof” and order form within a few weeks. Please Note: A “makeup” picture day will not be held.
- HOLD THE DATE! GRADE 4 SHADOW PUPPET PERFORMANCES! MARCH 16 & 17, 2020. Please click here for more details.
- Did you know that JJIS has a Birthday Book Club? With your $20.00 donation, your child will be able to select a book from a special collection located in the media center. The book will be dedicated to the library in honor of your child. Click here to participate.
- JJIS SPRING BOX TOPS COLLECTION! Did you know that JJIS receives .10 cents for every box top they collect? We are once again asking for your box top donations! Help us reach our goal of $1000.00! Click here for more details.
- Wondering why your kids are dancing in their chairs while you try to eat dinner? I must let you know; they are not dancing because they are excited about what you made…they are practicing their moves to post online in a platform called TikTok. Completely puzzled? Common Sense Media can fill in the gaps and help you be in the “Know” https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/parents-ultimate-guide-to-tiktok In an informal poll of Jackter students ALL grade levels are creating, posting, and searching content on this app, most with permission but without being monitored after that. Please take a minute to read up on this trend, the app is BLOCKED at school but the practicing for their next post is taking place at your dinner table!
- FLU SEASON: A guide for parents. Click here.
- ESTEEM PROGRAM COMES TO JACKTER! Grade 5 students will be participating in an interactive program run by high school students from Canton, CT called the ESTEEM Program throughout the day on February 25, 2020. Students will learn strategies for dealing with issues such as bullying, safe internet use and peer pressure. All grade 5 students and parents are invited and encouraged to attend the evening presentation at JJIS from 6:00 to 7:00 pm that day.
- 2019-2020 YEARBOOK ORDER FORM! Click here to order!
- YEARBOOK PICTURES NEEDED! The JJIS PTO yearbook committee is looking for any pictures you may be willing to share of all school events, i.e., field trips, town meetings, assemblies, etc., which will be included in the 2019-2020 JJIS School Yearbook! Please send all pictures to: DeeAnne Corticelli : Corticellifamily@att.net
- Digital Learning Day 2020! DLD is Thursday, February 27th, 2020 at the Jack Jackter Intermediate School. Exhibits and workshops from 5pm-7pm. Click here for details. This event is free and open to all. Bring your own device (pad, pod or internet ready device) and attend personalized learning opportunities! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Do you have a budget question for the Superintendent? Email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget Discussion/Workshops: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 and March 3, 2020
- Colchester Public Schools Proposed Budget Presentation for 2020-2021 attached here.
- Girl Scouts Troop Crayon Initiative: The local Girl Scouts Troop is collecting used and broken crayons now through April 1st for the Crayon Initiative. This group melts old crayons, makes them new, then donates crayons to Children's Hospitals throughout the country. Shoebox locations: CES, JJIS, Library, Town Hall, several daycares, and restaurants throughout town. See flyer for the full list.
- Hockey for Ages 5-13: USA Hockey Members learn to play hockey for free. Click here for flyer with details.
- February Kids Programs here and Teen Programs here at Cragin!
- Registration for Colchester Baseball Softball ends March 1. Register your player(s) today- go to the website www.cbsl.org and click on the blue “Register Now” button on the homepage. If you have any questions or concerns, you can send an email to our information officer at email@example.com . See you on the diamond!
- Roadway Safety Poster Contest: CT Training & Technical Assistance Center. Deadline for submissions is March 13th Click on the link for details: https://ctt2center.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/poster-contest-participation-packet-2020.pdf
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held February 27th, 2020! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Story Time at the Colchester Elementary School: Click here for dates and details.
- Kindergarten Registration is NOW open for the CES 2020-2021. Click here for details.
- Project Grad is selling Bingo tickets for Friday, 28 FEB. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Noels on 23 FEB between 10-12 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EVENTS and PROGRAMS from the Colchester Parks and Recreation: Click on the link to programs and events: www.colchesterct.gov/recreation-department/pages/programs-events
Last Week's Digital Backpack