JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
November 15, 2019
- District Calendar for 2020-2021! Built in snow days added! Click here
- JJIS ANNUAL WINTER CONCERT! Hold the date! December 11, 2019. Click here for more details
- JJIS Junior Achievement: Click here .
- JJIS Monthly Technology Report! Click here.
- November Principal's Chat (revised) attached here.
- November Menus: Breakfast and Lunch
- Colchester Youth Basketball (CYB): Online registration for recreational basketball is open. Recreation leagues 3rd-12th grade boys and girls in addition to Clinics for 1st and 2nd graders. Leagues will begin in Mid November. Clinics on the 1st Saturday in January. Parents please indicate at registration if you would like to be considered as a coach or for other volunteer roles. If you have any questions please contact CYB at email@example.com. Please visit http://www.colchesterbasketball.org to register (click on available programs) . For further and updated info https://www.facebook.com/ColchesterYouthBasketball/.
- 2019 Poetry Contest/National Garden Clubs. Students in grades K through 9 are invited to enter the National Garden 2019 Poetry Contest. Please click here for more information.
- Calling all photographers! The PTO is looking for any photos you may be willing to share of any, and all school events., ie., field trips, town meetings, assemblies, etc., which will be included in the 2019-2020 school yearbook! Please email them to : DeeAnne Corticelli at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling all grade 5 students! All grade 5 students are invited to create/submit a design for the upcoming 2019-2020 JJIS School Yearbook! Click here for more details.
- PTO PRESENTS…..The Gifts Galore Holiday Store! 12/2 -6, 2019. More details to follow.
- PTO SCRIP CARDS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE! Holidays are just around the corner! The JJIS PTO is once again offering the fundraising scrip card sale. Click here to order! Orders are due by December 3rd with a pick up date of December 12, 2019.
- BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE………...Please take a moment to remind your child where he/she should go in the event of an early dismissal due to inclement weather; i.e., bus home, bus to daycare, parent pick up, etc.. Additionally, we ask that you remind your child to dress warmly for the next several months as temperatures begin to plummet. Students will continue to go outside for both recess and PE classes. Indoor recess will be held should the temperature/wind chill reach 20 degrees and below.
- HALF DAY HOORAY! Colchester Youth Services & Park & Rec along with Cragin Memorial Library will be holding another Half Day Hooray session on December 6, 2019 from 12:55 to 4:15 PM. Sign up due date: November 25th. Flyer here.
- Connecticut Fire Prevention Poster Contest! Students in grades 4 & have been given a valuable, life learning challenge. Following a visit from the Colchester Fire Marshal, Sean Shoemaker, students received detailed information about this year’s CT sponsored Fire Prevention poster contest. This year’s theme is, “Fire Prevention - Everyone/Every Day”. Please click here for more details. Submissions are due January 2, 2020.
- Parent/Student Pick Up Note. Click here
- District School Calendar for 2020-2021 with built in snow days: Click here to view.
- Message from Superintendent Jeffrey Burt: In preparation of the winter season: Click here for letter.
- Smarter Appliance has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser! A portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance between Oct. 1-Dec.31 will be donated to Project Grad. When making your next purchase, make sure to bring the letter linked here: Caution-http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Smarter-Appliance-flyer.pdf < Caution-http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Smarter-Appliance-flyer.pdf >
- November Programs for attached here for Children at Cragin Memorial Library
- November Programs for attached here for Teens at Cragin Memorial Library
- 11/23/19: Colchester Senior Center Holiday Open House: Saturday, November 23 from 9am-1pm. Click here for flyer.
- 11/25/19: Powderpuff Football: Come cheer on the Juniors vs. the Seniors on Monday, November 25th at 6:00pm in the annual Powderpuff Football Game! They will be playing under the lights at the Recplex R8 (Cougar Field). Admission is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. The concession stand will also be open for drinks and snacks.
- 12/5/19: CASTLE is hosting a Winter Wonderland event Thursday, December 5th from 6pm-7pm. Click here for event details.
- 12/7/19: Save the Date! Sleigh Bells Fair at Bacon Academy from 9am-3pm: A perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There will be over 65 vendors, along with food,and fun!!! Booth fees generate funds supporting the BA Art Department!!!
- 12/7/19: Holiday Homecoming! Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:30pm on the Colchester Town Green. Click here for details.
- UCFS Fall News: Click here for flier with details.
- Smarter Appliance has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser! A portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance between NOW-Dec.31 will be donated to Project Grad. When making your next purchase, make sure to bring the letter linked here: http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Smarter-Appliance-flyer.pdf
- Blanket Drive: Now through Dec. 20. HELP US KEEP THE LESS FORTUNATE WARM THIS WINTER! Blankets of all sizes are needed, along with gently used and new. All donations are going to the New London Homeless Hospitality Center and Covenant Shelter of New London. Click here for flyer.
- Waterford Country School Foster Care: Be a part of someone's childhood memories. Click here for flyer with details.
- Colchester Public Schools are invited to wear their pjs to school (12/13/19) in honor of kids battling cancer at Connecticut Children’s. Make an optional donation of $1 or more payable to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center Foundation and wear your PJs! All proceeds benefit the Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders at Connecticut Children’s. For more information and to locate your team/school online to make a gift, visit: here. Click here for flyer.
Last Week's Digital Backpack