JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
May 24, 2019
- Reminder: No School/Monday, May 27, 2019 - Memorial Day
- 2019 - 2020 TRANSPORTATION FORM. We need your assistance. Please complete the 2019-2020 transportation form and return it to the JJIS as soon as possible. Please click here. A hard copy has also been placed in every students Friday Folder.
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS: Please remember that any/all rented instruments should be returned to the vendor only. JJIS will not accept returned instruments.
- LOST AND FOUND! The JJIS LOST AND FOUND bins located in the cafeteria are overflowing. Additionally, we have a few pair of px eyeglasses in the office. Please ask your child(ren) to check the lost and found for their belongings. All items will be donated to charity at the end of the trimester.
- PTO JJIS FAMILY NIGHT! May 31, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM - DINOSAURS ROCK FOSSIL DIG! Please click here for more information!
- GRADE LEVEL FIELD DAYS AHEAD! Grades 3 & 4 - June 5, 2019 Grade 5: June 6, 2019 Volunteers Needed! Click here for more information.
- Grade 5 Band Students entering WJJMS Gr. 6: Click here for summer band information from WJJMS Band Director.
- A Note To School: Click here for your copy.
- Colchester Youth Services Summer Trips for Grades 4 and 5: New this year- two full weeks of trips open to incoming 4th and 5th graders! Summer trip calendar attached here.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 7:00pm at William J. Johnston Middle School. Community welcome!
- Graduation for the Bacon Academy Class of 2019 and the Last Day of School is Thursday, June 13, 2019. Shortened day schedules for June 12th and June 13.
- Memorial Day Parade in Colchester is Sunday, May 26th at 12:30pm
- Bike Rodeo June 8th 10am-1pm at the Colchester Town Hall: Community Bike Rodeo sponsored by Pack 109. Please see the attached flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Lions Carnival 2019: Wednesday, May 29th-through Saturday June 1st. Discount ride vouchers for bracelets only are available now. Any questions please email ColchesterLionsCarvinal@gmail.com.
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fantastic season of football and cheerleading! Please see our flyer here to learn more about the program and registration information.
- Colchester Youth Services SUMMER Trips! We are ready for another fun-filled Summer here at Youth Services! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, digital backpack, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov). Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860) 537-7255.
- Trivia Night and Silent Auction-CASTLE is hosting a Trivia Night and Silent Auction on Friday May 31st from 6-9 at the St Joseph’s Polish Club. What Trivia will be there to host all the fun and there have been many items donated by local businesses for our silent auction and raffles. It should be a great evening of fun! Please click here for ticket info.
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- The Demarcus S. White Memorial dedication service will take place on Tuesday, June 4 at 5:00 p.m. at the Colchester Elementary School. The memorial was created and named for a kindergarten student who passed away in February 2018 as a result of complications from the flu. The library-based memorial, utilizing the talents of local artists, will both celebrate DeMarcus’ unique passions and spirit and provide needed resources for the school library. The event is open to the public.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. We are hopeful that community members as well as businesses will help support this event by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle prizes cannot be beat: 1st prize is a $20,000 gift certificate toward the purchase of a vehicle. The winner of the raffle will be responsible for all taxes, title, registration and insurance.
- Food Festival/Corn Hole Tournament/Free Concert: Colchester Recreation will sponsor the annual Food Festival on the Town Green on Saturday, June 15th beginning at 12pm. We have also added a Corn Hole Tournament and a free concert!
- The Food Festival will feature food trucks with many different varieties and foods. Food Trucks such as Munchies, Uncle D’s, Classic Scoop, Cake Batter and Roll, Supreme Hot Dogs, Szabos Seafood, JR”s Lemonade, Oz –n- Bones and Greekin’ Out will be available.The free community concert will feature the “Leaf Jumpers”. To register, or for more information, please go to www.colchesterct.gov (to the Parks and Recreation page), or call the office at (860) 537-7297.
Last Week's Digital Backpack