JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
March 16, 2018
- Lost & Found: Please ask your child to check the lost & found for personal items. All unclaimed items will be donated at the end of the marking period.
- Grade 4 Students to perform Math Tales Shadow Puppet Plays! March 27, 2018 Click here for more information.
- Parent/Student Note To School: Click here.
- Gr. 5 Panoramic Picture/March 26, 2018: Please send in order envelopes.
- Spring Pictures will be taken of all students on March 28, 2018. Neither money nor order forms are due on that day. Parents will receive a “proof” and order form within a few weeks. Please note: A spring picture “makeup” day will not be available.
- SBAC testing is scheduled to take place from April 24th through May 15th, 2018. Click here for more details.
- Next Town Meeting will be held on March 23, 2018 at 2:15 pm. For more information, please click here.
- 2018-2019 Parent Placement Request Info. Click here.
- JJIS PTO Box Tops Pajama Day Award has been rescheduled. Click here.
- Public Budget Forum Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 6:30pm at the Town Hall: Feedback from the public is welcome as the Board of Education and the Board of Finance shape the 2018-2019 Town and Education budgets.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Five percent of all school-age children miss school due to an anxiety-related disorder every day. Children who exhibit school refusal behaviors often do so to avoid or escape anxiety provoking situations. Click here for details.
- Community Wellness Fair- March 25th: Join CYSS and the Colchester Farmers Market on Sunday, March 25th from 10am -2pm at Colchester Elementary School, as they promote wellness in our community. Click here for flier.
- Narcan Training: A community Narcan training session will be available from 12-1pm at the Community wellness Fair at CES on Sunday, March 25th. Click here for flier.
- Clothing Drive for Students in Need at CES: Bacon Academy student Conor McCourt is collecting items for Colchester Elementary students in need at the Colchester Elementary School. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services: Upcoming programs and events: Click here to view
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: For Kids Events click here and Teen Events click here.
- April Vacation Soccer Program at Conn College: Click here for details.
- Cragin’s National Library Week Programs: The celebration happens Monday April 9th thru Saturday April 14th. This year makes the 60th anniversary of the first event, sponsored in 1958. Click here for Cragin’s programs.
- TVCCA Early Head Start and Head Start programs are federally funded comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to five, pregnant women, and their families. Click here for details.
- Are you interested in opening your heart and home to a child in need? Did you know there are over 4,500 children in foster care without a home? Please see the attached flier and find out how you can help!
- Colchester Behavioral Health Center: Offering individual and group counseling to adults, children and families. For more information please call 860-537-7676. Click here for flier.
- Talent Show at the Colchester Federated Church: Come for a night of fun, food, and a fabulous show! Saturday, March 24th from 7-8pm. Food Concessions available and an auction as well.
- Parks&Rec Summer UK Soccer Programs: For soccer program click here:
- Eastern CT Summer Program: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack