JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
January 17, 2020
- REMINDER: NO SCHOOL MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. BIRTHDAY
- REMINDER: NO After School Clubs January 20 nor 23, 2020 due to holiday.
- 2019-2020 School Calendar: Click here to view.
- News from the JJIS Music Department! Click here.
- 2019-2020 YEARBOOK ORDER FORM! Click here to order!
- BIRTHDAY BOOK CLUB! Did you know that with a $20.00 donation, a book will be purchased and then dedicated to your child on their birthday? All you need to do is click here to order your book today!
- GRADE 5 ANNUAL ESTEEM EVENT! Gr. 5 Students will participate in the Esteem Program on February 25, 2020 led by Canton, CT high school students. Students are invited and encouraged to attend the evening portion of the program on that day from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Click here for more details.
- WINTER WEATHER! EARLY DISMISSAL IMPORTANT REQUEST! Winter has arrived and it's cold, blustery weather with it! We ask that you discuss and remind your child where he/she should go in the event school is dismissed early due to inclement weather
- Brrrrrrrrrrr…...REMINDER: Please remind your child to dress appropriately for inclement weather, i.e., hats, gloves and coats to school during the winter months as students will continue to go outdoors for recess and PE classes. Thank you.
- PTO VALENTINE GRAMS FOR SALE! Parents and family members can send a VALENTINE GRAM to their child and students may send them to their friends at a cost of $1.50 each. Click here for more information and to place an order
- Annual JJIS INVENTION CONVENTION! Click here for more details.
- YEARBOOK PICTURES NEEDED! The JJIS PTO yearbook committee is looking for any pictures you may be willing to share of all school events, i.e., field trips, town meetings, assemblies, etc., which will be included in the 2019-2020JJIS School Yearbook! Please send all pictures to: DeeAnne Corticelli : Corticellifamily@att.net
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held on February 27th, 2020! JJIS will once again sponsor the annual DIGITAL LEARNING DAY! This event is free and open to all. Bring your own device (pad, pod or internet ready device) and attend personalized learning opportunities! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- "YOGA For Kids " is an afterschool yoga class at JJIS that is being offered by Colchester Parks and Recreation. Each class will combine yoga and mindfulness practices in fun and engaging ways. Children will participate in activities that will have them stretch and strengthen their bodies through yoga postures, learn breathing techniques, build social skills while connecting to themselves and others and learn strategies for self regulation and relaxation.Register and get full description at : www.colchesterct.gov/recreation-department or call (860) 537-7297 Day/Time- Wednesdays: 2/5/20-3/4/20 3:15-4:30 Location: JJIS: Room 79 Grades 3-5 Cost: $35.00
- Updated School Calendar - Marking Periods/Grade dates updated here.
- Colchester Public Schools Adopts Board of Education Meeting Management Technology: Colchester Public Schools has implemented an online Board of Education meeting management tool called BoardDocs. Click here for details.
- Last Day of School (if no more snow/emergency closings) for the 2019-2020 school year is Monday, June 15, 2020 due to the 12/17/19 snow day.
- Community Conversations Thursday, 1/29 at 6pm: Screenagers: The Next Chapter Extra credit may be available for youth who attend ACCOMPANIED BY a parent/guardian from participating teachers. Click here for flyer.
- Colchester is Kind's 2020 kindness contest happening during Random Acts of Kindness week in Feb! Would love for you to share this in your schools. It's open to all ages and there are three prizes! The objective is for participants to complete as many acts of kindness as they can during the week. The flyer is attached here and here's the web link: https://colchesteriskind.com/2020/01/07/2020-colchester-kindness-ninja-contest/
- My Someone Special and Me Dance” is open to ALL girls K-12 in Colchester! Click here for flyer with details.
- Kids Programs at Cragin here!
- Teens Programs at Cragin here!
- Holidays getting you down? UCFS could help. Click here for flyer with details
- 2/7/20: SAVE THE DATE! Prom Night for students with special needs: Night to Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Register early as space is limited! Register here: https://cthope.com/events Will be held at East Hampton Middle School. Click here for flyer with details.
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held February 27th, 2020! JJIS will sponsor the annual DIGITAL LEARNING DAY! This event is free and open to all! Bring your own device (pad, pod or internet ready device) and attend personalized learning opportunities! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Coerver CT East Soccer: Click here for flyer with details of programs.
- Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Story Time at the Colchester Elementary School: Click here for dates and details.
- Kindergarten Registration is NOW open for the CES 2020-2021. Click here for details.
- Smarter Appliance: has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser: a portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance on January 26 & 27 will be donated to Project Grad. No forms needed, and they are open an hour later on the 27th!
- Half Day Hooray- February 14th: Half-Day Hooray is a program designed for Colchester students in grades K through 5, presented by Colchester Recreation, Youth Services and Cragin Library. This program is held at CES for grades K-2 and at JJIS for grades 3-5. Our next session will take place on February 14th from 12:55pm to 4:00pm. Pick up will be between 4:00pm and 4:30pm. The fee per child is $20. Registration for the February session closes on Wednesday, February 5th. Forms can be brought to the school office, Colchester Recreation, Youth Services, or Cragin Library. Snack is included in the program. Half Day Hooray at CES will feature a performance by Jungle Jim and his Ballooniverse, CrossFit Kids, legos, crafts and games! JJIS students will engage in Team Building challenges with Empower Leadership Sports, jewelry making, cooking activities, and more! Be sure to sign up, spots are limited and you don’t want to miss out on this exciting program! Registration forms can be found online at www.colchesterct.gov
Last Week's Digital Backpack