BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
May 25, 2018
- Monday, May 28th is MEMORIAL DAY – NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, May 29th is a B DAY
- Friday, June 1st is a FLEX DAY
- June Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu or click here to view all school menus.
- Please join us for the 2018 Bacon Academy Visual Art Exhibition! It will be in conjunction with the Senior Awards night and should be a wonderful time to admire our amazing artists along with acknowledging our accomplished seniors. AP Studio Art Seniors will be the focus at the art show, as they will have individualized displays! When: May 31, 2018, Where: Bacon Academy lobby, Time: 5pm-6pm. Click here for flier with details.
We are nearing the end but we are also gearing up for the beginning....of next year. Through various modalities, the message has been conveyed that there is a resounding issue with cell phone use in our building. We are interested in designing a cell phone policy to be implemented next year from August 28th. Assistant Principal Melissa Cyr will be hosting three brainstorm sessions open to teachers, students, and parents. The next meeting is May 31st 4:30-5:30 in the BA LMC. The first meeting will outline the policy and the subsequent meetings will fine tune and edit the outline to produce a final policy for school wide enforcement and unity. As the product evolves a copy will be shared out in an email for ongoing feedback. It is really important that your opinion be shared at one of these meetings or via email correspondence. The objective is to have all viewpoints reflected in the policy to the best of our ability so that we send our students one uniform message. We welcome your input and support with this effort in making Bacon better equipped to deal with our exciting technological advances.
- Fall Sports 18-19 registration is Open! Dear Athletes and Families: All athletes that are participating in fall sports must register online with Family ID. Directions and the link for online registration for Bacon Athletics are here and online. Physicals still need to be filed in the nurse’s office. Do not drop them off to the Athletic Director. There will be a fall athletic pre-season meeting on 8/1/18 at 6pm in the Bacon Auditorium (for all athletes and parents). This will give parents and athletes and chance to meet coaches and find out information for the upcoming season. A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link https://www.familyid.com/bacon-academy-athletic-department and then follow these steps:
- Bacon Athletes and Parents: Save the date! There will be a fall athletic pre-season meeting on 8/1/18 at 6pm in the Bacon Auditorium (for all athletes and parents). This will give parents and athletes and chance to meet coaches and find out information for the upcoming season.
- Senior Parents: We're looking for food and beverage donations for the Senior Barbecue which will be held Friday, June 8th in the BA Courtyard around noon time. This is when the seniors receive their yearbooks and pens for signing. We're looking for many barbecue items to be donated. Please use this link to sign up. We really would appreciate any assistance. Thank you. https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/5080948a5a62ca7fe3-senior/54604931
- Eight Grade, Freshman, Sophomore and Junior Parents: Project Graduation will elect a new executive board on Tuesday, June 5th at 7:00 PM in the Bacon Academy Cafeteria. Please visit our website at http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org to find out more about Project Grad and all they do. Fundraising can begin as early as freshman year so come find out how you can get involved.
- Spring Pay to Play payments are now overdue! Please print form (attached) send payment (make check payable to Town of Colchester for $180.00) and send in with your student athlete. Even if your family maximum has been met, a form still needs to be submitted to me. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: email@example.com
- Choir Performance will be held on Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 7pm.
- Bobcat Summer Basketball Camp June 26-29: CYB and Coach Fennell's summer Bobcat Basketball Camp for boys and girls. Click here for flier with details.
- Save the Date for the Bacon Athletic's Golf Event: Friday, August 3, 2018. Click here for details.
- State of Connecticut has put together resources to support Mastery-Based Learning Resources here and a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Follow @BaconCounseling for timely department information!
2018-19 UCONN EARLY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE 2-STEP REGISTRATION
- All students who requested a UCONN ECE course for 2018-19 have picked up an application, and were emailed (to their Colchester Gmails) a detailed document outlining the 2-step application/enrollment process. Parents were also sent a letter. The deadline to apply is June 1st, the deadline to enroll is June 29th! Bring your completed application to Ms. Trinnaman or Mr. Sefchik by May 31st for review and signature prior to applying.
- Senior Awards/Scholarships Night is Thursday, May 31st, 6:00pm- by invitation only (mailed last week). ALL invited Seniors also were emailed the invitation.
- Graduation is Friday, June 22nd at 6:00pm.
- MANDATORY NAVIANCE TASKS Login: (http://connection.naviance.com/bacon)
- 2018 Life After Bacon Academy Survey
- 2018 Senior Exit Survey
- Update Application Status for Every College: Select Colleges, Click Colleges I'm Applying to. In RESULTS column, click PENCIL icon to edit Results; select the result type for each college. Scroll to bottom and click Update Applications.
- Set Attending College: Scroll past college list; select from menu “College That I’m Attending”
- Project Grad permission slips are due by June 1st in the School Counseling Office.
SENDING TRANSCRIPTS FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT AND AP CREDITS
SENIORS are responsible for contacting UCONN/Eastern/TRCC/Syracuse to request final transcript releases to attending colleges. Here are the links:
- The late fee registration deadline for the June 2nd SAT is May 23rd. Sat.org
- The registration deadline for the August 25th SAT is July 27th Sat.org
- The late fee registration deadline for the June 9th ACT is May 18th. Act.org
- The registration deadline for the July 14th ACT is June 15th. Act.org
- Bacon Academy is not a test center for either of these tests.
CT CENTER FOR DISABILITY RIGHTS SUMMER CAMP
- Come Learn, Have Fun at the Beach, and Earn Scholarship Money Center for Disability Rights is presenting two summer self-empowerment camps for High School Juniors and Seniors with disabilities. Participants will learn how to advocate for themselves, and what the Americans with Disabilities Act requires for disabled access at our beaches and parks. The first three days will be in a workshop setting, and the final two days will be field trips. Lunch will be provided. Each participant who attends the whole program will get a $500.00 scholarship for school or to meet his/her independent living needs. All participants in either the Clinton or West Haven camp must attend the CDR Wheel-A-Thon on July 24, 2018 in West Haven to receive his/her award. Apply today! Each camp has limited enrollment. Use application attached, or visit http://cdr-ct.org/
~The Bacon Academy School Counseling Office
For the list of the School Counseling Department Assignments click here.
Sharon Gagne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Merry, email@example.com
Ronald Sefchik, 9th Grade Transition Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Wehrenberg, email@example.com
Donna DesSureault, Guidance Office Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Trinnaman, Guidance Office Professional, email@example.com
- Board of Education Meeting: Monday, June 11th at Bacon Academy in the Media Center at 7:00pm.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting).
- Summer Meals are free, nutritious, meals and snacks that are provided to kids and teens, 18 yrs. old and younger, throughout the summer. Location sites will be available in June. Call 211 or text CTmeals to 877877 or visit www.CTSummerMeals.org
- Education Budget Information: School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting). The Education Budget documents are linked here.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall.
- UCFS Mental Health Awareness Information: Click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Boy Scout Troop 13 is seeking donations for its booth at the Tag Sale on the Green to be held Sunday, June 10, 2018. Seeking toys, books, holiday decorations, kitchen items, small household items, but no clothes, TVs, or electronics please. Support Scouting. Call Julie at (860) 215-5419 to arrange pick up or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2018 Bacon Academy Visual Art Exhibition: Bacon Academy AP Studio Art Seniors will be the focus at the art show, as they will have individualized displays! When: May 31, 2018 Where: Bacon Academy lobby Time: 5pm-6pm.
- Kid’s Consignment June 8th-10th Hosted by the Mom’s Club of Colchester: Click here for details.
- Soccer Club deadline for registration in the Recreation League is May 31st: The fall season runs from mid-August through October and is open to players from PreK – 12th grade. Register on-time to avoid a $40 late fee. Please visit colchestersoccer.org for additional information and registration.
- Colchester Federated Church Music Fundraiser: “The Backseat Boogie Boys” will perform on Sunday June 3rd at 3pm. Click here for details.
- Save the Date for the Bacon Athletic’s Golf Event: August 3, 2018. Click here for details. The funds raised are distributed to the BA Athletic sports teams participating in the event.
- Colchester Summer Camp Calendar: Click here for the day camp calendar of events!
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fun season of football and cheerleading: To learn more about the program and registration information click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Summer Trips (Online) Registration is May: Click here for information and here for the calendar of trips.
- Eastern CT Soccer Camp: Click here for camp details.
- CASTLE offers summer programs for children entering Kindergarten through grade 8. Click here for more details.
- Parent Support Program for Children with Anxiety or Depression: Details here.
- For Parents of Children of All Ages – Click here for details.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Cub Scout Pack 13 Events: Save the dates! Ice Cream Social, Friday, August 24th at 6pm and Joining Night Friday, September 14th at 6pm. Both events will be at St. Andrew's Parish hall.
Last Digital Backpack