BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
July 12, 2019 - Summer Digital Backpack
- Summer Assignments are on the Bacon Academy Summer Assignments website. Click here link to assignments.
- Summer Meals Outreach: For locations near Colchester call 211 or Text CTmeals to 877877 or visit their website at www.CTSummerMeals.org. Questions contact 860-807-2144 or click here for more information. The Colchester Food Bank is available to all Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Free and reduced lunch Information: Click here for application form, FAQ's Click here and Income Guidelines here.
- School Year Calendar: Click here to view our 2019-20 school year calendar.
- Husky Health Insurance: Click here to read about CT’s Husky Health Insurance.
- Text Message Communication: Are you receiving text messages from our schools? If you haven’t signed up just send a text to 67587 to opt in. Click here for details.
- NEW Feature in the Parent Portal of PowerSchool! “Ecollect” Colchester Public Schools has implemented a NEW data collection system (“Ecollect”) located in the Parent Portal of PowerSchool. No new login is needed! The “Ecollect Forms” link contains school forms that you complete online and submit. The updated information is automatically accessible to school staff via the PowerSchool portal. The “Ecollect Forms” are located in your PowerSchool parent portal account in the left navigation column. This enhancement enables you to complete necessary paperwork in an easier and more efficient way. Click here for more information.
- Student Information Forms: Please complete your child’s online Student Information Form prior by August 15, 2019. You may access the online form from your home/laptop computer in the PowerSchool parent portal on the left navigation column listed under “Ecollect Forms”. The PowerSchool parent portal link is: https://colchester.powerschool.com/public/home.html and for additional information you may view the Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms and Ecollect form instructions.
- NEW Athletic Registration Process! We are pleased to announce that our Athletic registration for Bacon Academy is now available through the parent portal of PowerSchool under “Ecollect Forms”. This new feature will simplify the athletic registration process as it populates most of your child’s information from PowerSchool into the form. Click here for instructions or to access the link in the Parent Portal link click here.
- Math Calculator: Algebra 1 Level 2 or Geometry Level 3 students are required to provide their own graphing calculators. Click here to view a photo/details of the calculator that will be used in math class throughout high school.
- Graduation Photos 2019: Click on the link to view the photos: https://events.lifetouch.com/eventHomepage.aspx?EventID=166427
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to stay informed. Click here for flyer.
- BA Athletics Golf Outing is Friday, August 2: Click here for details.
- Pay to Play: Fall Sports Pay-to-Play form and details here.
- Sophomore Class Dues: Click here for form and details.
- Summer Reading Assignment: Bacon Academy invites you to participate in our fantastic summer reading program! Click here to see the list of titles. The BA LMC and Cragin have limited number of the titles available for check-out. If we don't have it available, you may have to order it or try a library near by. Happy reading!
- Project Graduation Class of 2020: organization’s website at www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org or email email@example.com.
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Follow @BaconCounseling for timely department information!
AP SCORES/ FEE REGISTRATION AND COST OF EXAMS FOR 2019-20: The scores of the 2018-2019 AP Exams are available. The College Board has changed their policies for test registrations. Starting in the fall, students who are signed up to take AP classes will have to pay for exams in the fall.
Are you attending Manchester Community College in the Fall? There is a $500 scholarship available. See attached information. Deadline is July 15, 2019.
Sign Up For C-HIT’s 2019 Camps At Quinnipiac University and the University of Connecticut The C-HIT Summer Multimedia Workshops provide select high school students with the opportunity to develop investigative reporting, video and digital journalism skills in a unique learning environment led by distinguished local and national journalists click here for more info. Join the CONNECTICUT HEALTH I-TEAM (C-HIT.ORG) at a week-long high school workshop at Quinnipiac University, July 8-12, or The University of Connecticut, July 15-18. APPLY HERE
SAT and ACT: Please visit here for all SAT and ACT test dates.
SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Pupil Services/Special Education Office New Location: The office is now located at 380 Norwich Avenue which is attached to the William J. Johnston Middle School Building. Phone: 860-537-3103.
- Colchester Food Bank is available to ALL Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps and next week is July 15-19 for boys. Coaches will work both weeks together with college players. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details here and registration form here.
- Bacon Academy Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, August 2, 2019 at Blackledge Country Club, 180 West St. in Hebron, 10am shotgun start, scramble format. Includes: 18-holes of golf, driving cart, lunch, dinner raffles and prizes (closest to pin, long drive and putting contest). $125 per golfer/$500 per foursome. Tee sponsorships available. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy Athletics and field maintenance. Register by contacting Rob LaSaracina at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the registration form.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services Summer trip calendar here: For more information call (860) 537-7255 or visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov).
Last Digital Backpack