BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
February 21, 2020
- Monday, February 24th is an A DAY
- Friday, February 28th is a FLEX
- Good Luck this weekend (2/21,2/22) to BA Athletes! Wrestling @ Killingly today (2/21/20) and tomorrow (2/22) Class S Tour. Girls Basketball ECC Semi-final vs NL @ NFA 3:30pm Adults $8 Students $5 Indoor Track CJ White and Natalie Rolon-Issa - State Open Championship Fencing ECC Championship @ Griswold 9am . Cheerleading - ECC Championship @ Waterford 1pm Dance Team @ Fairfield Warde High School - 3pm
- Bacon Parent Council Meeting with Principal Peel: March 2, 2020 at 6pm in the Bacon Academy LMC.
- The Bacon Academy Environmental Club is sponsoring a Flower Power fundraiser to earn funds to show the documentary "The Pollinators" on Earth Day, 2020. Please visit http://baenvclub.fpfundraising.com/ to learn more or make a purchase. 50% of the proceeds go to the club.
- From the School Counseling Department: For Juniors and their parents, pertinent information regarding score sends for the March SAT administration attached here.
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Please view our School Counseling Website Page: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=493
- Mr. Bacon Show - Wednesday February 26th at 6:30 pm. (*Snow day make up Thursday February 27th at 6:30 pm). Bacon Academy Auditorium. Doors open at 6 pm - show starts promptly at 6:30 - Plan for lines at the door and arrive early! Come see our talented Seniors compete for the crown of 2020 Mr. Bacon! All are welcome! Cost is $3.00 for Class of 2020 Seniors, $5.00 for BA students (non seniors) , $8.00 for adults, Kids 10 and under Free
- CPR Refresher for BA Students: There will be a CPR refresher course for any Bacon students who were certified in their freshman health class. The class will be held in the health room (portable 10) on Monday, 2/24 at 2:30pm. The cost is $40. Contact Ms. Hogan to register - email@example.com.
- Project Graduations next meeting is Mon., 9 MAR at 7 pm in the Bacon Academy Cafeteria.*We are selling BINGO tickets for Friday, 28 FEB. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at 23 FEB between 10-12 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.*There are a few more opportunities raise money for your child's class by volunteering at UCONN basketball games. Games are FEB 22 & 23. March 5, 20, 21, 22 & 23. Sign up here: Caution-https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/60b0449aeab2da7fc1-uconn1
- Bacon Athletics Spring Sports Registration is OPEN! Click here for instructions or to access the link in the Parent Portal link click here.
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER Follow @BaconCounseling for timely department information!
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Please view our School Counseling Website Page: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=493
The Black Engineering Council (BEC) of Electric Boat is giving up to $5000 in scholarship money to students in New London County, minimum GPA 2.5 and is African American/Black. Applications are in the guidance office. Due date is March 6, 2020.
TESTING: Because Juniors have a lot of testing in the Spring, it’s best to plan out what you can. All Juniors will take the School Day SAT on March 25, 2019. There is no essay component for this test. Check to see if colleges of interest require the ACT or SAT Subject Tests. AP Testing is April 30, 2020 through May 15, 2020.. Here is the AP testing calendar: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/ap-calendar.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
Release of Information for Scholarships: The School Counseling Office will be following the FERPA guidelines with regards to sending out information pertaining to requests for Scholarships. Students will need to fill out a scholarship request form for every scholarship they apply for. The counseling office will require (5) days to fulfill your request. It is your responsibility to watch deadline dates.
KEEPING YOUR RESUME UPDATED It is important for all students to keep their resume in Naviance updated. The counseling department references student resumes for awards and opportunities that become available.
Letters of Recommendation: Select ALL SCHOOLS in Naviance when requesting a teacher letter of recommendation! If you have selected each school individually, delete those requests and re-enter ONE request for ALL SCHOOLS. Note, there IS a delay when you will receive notification that teachers have uploaded letters.
Wondering what you should be doing? Here’s the Senior Planning Cheat Sheet:
Wondering “who does what” in college planning? click here
NEW DATES!! SAT and ACT: Please visit here for all SAT and ACT test dates:
DUAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: Please visit our link to view our partnerships and current dual enrollment classes offered.
SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
- Melanie Wehrenberg email@example.com ; ext. 2210
- Sharon Gagne firstname.lastname@example.org ; ext. 2207
- Ronald Sefchik email@example.com ; ext. 2212
- Ashley Zaugg firstname.lastname@example.org ; ext. 2211
- Jasmine Morton email@example.com; ext. 2208
- Donna DesSureault, Guidance Office Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org ; ext. 2205
- Marlene Blumberger, Guidance Office Professional, email@example.com: ext. 2206
- Do you have a budget question for the Superintendent? Email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget Discussion/Workshops: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 and March 3, 2020
- Colchester Public Schools Proposed Budget Presentation for 2020-2021 attached here.
- Girl Scouts Troop Crayon Initiative: The local Girl Scouts Troop is collecting used and broken crayons now through April 1st for the Crayon Initiative. This group melts old crayons, makes them new, then donates crayons to Children's Hospitals throughout the country. Shoebox locations: CES, JJIS, Library, Town Hall, several daycares, and restaurants throughout town. See flyer for the full list.
- Hockey for Ages 5-13: USA Hockey Members learn to play hockey for free. Click here for flyer with details.
- February Kids Programs here and Teen Programs here at Cragin!
- Registration for Colchester Baseball Softball ends March 1. Register your player(s) today- go to the website www.cbsl.org and click on the blue “Register Now” button on the homepage. If you have any questions or concerns, you can send an email to our information officer at email@example.com . See you on the diamond!
- Roadway Safety Poster Contest: CT Training & Technical Assistance Center. Deadline for submissions is March 13th Click on the link for details: https://ctt2center.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/poster-contest-participation-packet-2020.pdf
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held February 27th, 2020! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Story Time at the Colchester Elementary School: Click here for dates and details.
- Kindergarten Registration is NOW open for the CES 2020-2021. Click here for details.
- Project Grad is selling Bingo tickets for Friday, 28 FEB. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Noels on 23 FEB between 10-12 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EVENTS and PROGRAMS from the Colchester Parks and Recreation: Click on the link to programs and events: www.colchesterct.gov/recreation-department/pages/programs-events
Last Digital Backpack