BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
June 12, 2020
- BEST WISHES TO OUR BACON ACADEMY CLASS OF 2020!
- Senior Announcements and Save the Date: Click here to view.
- Graduation 2020 Important Information: Click here to view the letter or to view the website page visit: Graduation Information here.
- Covid 19 virtual art show: Click here to view.
- Spring Concert: Click on the link to view the Spring concert: here
- Bacon Academy Senior Awards Night Video: Click on the link to view here!
- LMC reminder: All books that are outstanding should be returned by June 15. Check your email for reminder notices. A drop-off cart is located at the front of school. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Dineen; firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your help.
- Eagle Scout Car Wash Fundraiser: Saturday July 11, 2020 (9:30am- 4:30pm)In the Keystone Shoppes Plaza located at 179 Linwood Ave. Boy Scout Troop 72- Eagle Scout Candidate Nicholas Paggioli is raising funds for material cost to repair the Bacon Academy Nature Trail.
- Meal Program: Our meal program will continue through June 30th. The Colchester Food Bank distributes food every week to families in need. If you or someone you know needs food, please call their office at (860) 537-7255 to schedule a pick-up time. The CYSS Food Bank is available for Colchester residents. Click here for details.
- Summer PE is Full!
- Summer Civics Class Information: Click here for summer physical education details and here for summer Civics class information.
- Summer Assignments Website Page:https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=557
- Reminder to all parents/guardians: Student Information Forms need to be updated prior the 2020-2021 school year. The form is located in your PowerSchool parent portal account on the left navigation column ““Ecollect Forms”. Please update your child’s information (Student Information Form) prior to August 15, 2020. Please contact your child’s school if you need assistance. Click here for instructions.
- Spring Sports video to give you all the feels!! Honoring all of our seniors who would’ve enjoyed a successful spring sports season. Click here.
- Online Learning Feedback Survey: Please respond to the questions in this anonymous survey to support us improve the quality of the online learning experience for students and families. Click here
- Summer Reading Assignment: NEW list here! Bacon Academy invites you to participate in our fantastic summer reading program! Our teachers and staff have each chosen a favorite book to share. We are asking you to choose a book from any of the selected titles to read over the summer. Then join us in the fall to celebrate with snacks and book giveaways, plus join an exciting discussion with other students who have read the book. Happy reading!
- Greetings from your Library Media Center! Take a break from online learning to escape into a fantasy world. Check out Buzzfeed's list of YA titles!
- Seal of Biliteracy information here.
- Need help using any of the digital tools in your Google Classrooms? Contact Mrs. Dineen at email@example.com. Tech support available via email or Google Meet.
- BA Athletes/NCAA Eligibility: The CIAC has been communicating with the NCAA eligibility center to understand how initial student-athlete eligibility may be impacted by COVID-19 update to initial eligibility. http://www.casciac.org/pdfs/NCAAInitialEligibityCOVID-19Update.pdf.
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER Follow @BaconCounseling for timely department information!
VERY IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION:
1. To receive credits for your Dual Enrollment Courses, you must request a transcript from the partnership university and send it to the college/university you will be attending. Participating Dual Enrollment Colleges/Universities:
Three Rivers Community College:
Eastern Connecticut State University:
Gateway Community College:
Manchester Community College:
AP Score/College Board:
2: SENIORS: Please go into your Naviance Account and complete the Senior Surveys (This is MANDATORY) Remember also to set your attending college or university. (This is how final transcripts are sent out).
3. SENIORS: Please start transferring your Google Docs and important papers, etc. and any information you wish to send to your personal Google Account; when you graduate you will lose access to your Colchester Google Account.
4. Seniors: This is the time of year when Seniors ask about their Dual Enrollment Credits that they have earned. If you have taken dual enrollment classes this year, those credits will be available mid July for you to order the transcripts. Please view our website for easy links to order https://colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=589 It must be the student that orders the transcripts from our partnership colleges/universities. When you order they can be sent directly to your attending college/university.
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Please view our School Counseling Website Page: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=493
Requests for Transcripts and Letters of Recommendations: Click here for the form.
AP TESTING Information: Click here for link .
Juniors: Junior Planning Update: There are many juniors and families that were unable to meet with their school counselors to discuss their individual post-secondary plans prior to the transition to virtual learning. We want everyone to have the same valuable information moving into their senior year, so the school counseling team has created a slideshow presentation with detailed information that highlights important topics that would have been discussed during those meetings. You should have also received a yellow folder in the mail a few weeks ago with documents pertaining to junior planning. Please review the information and contact your school counselor with any questions or to schedule a virtual meeting. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HBmfgRt3XMtZ27VwSqe-dBYgCs4os_QZ0I6nrUbyCUc/edit#slide=id.p
ALL SCHOOL COUNSELING INFORMATION IS LINKED HERE.
- Superintendent's Weekly Update 6/12/2020. This letter contains important updates. Click on the link to view the our website page with communication here.
- School Calendars link: here
- Email for Questions or concerns for any student or family: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOOD BANK: The food bank is distributing pre-packed food bags containing as many staples as they have on hand. If you or someone you know needs food, don't hesitate to call our office at (860) 537-7255 and they will schedule a pick up time for you.
- Cragin Library Resources: Registration form for e-library cards can be used with any online books from any library in the state: https://www.colchesterct.gov/cragin-memorial-library
- Parks and Rec Programs: To view more opportunities visit their Facebook Page.
- UCFS Now Offers Behavioral Health Telehealth Appointments 860-537-7676: Click here for flyer.
Last Digital Backpack