BA 611 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2378
April 3, 2020
- Course Selections: Now -through Friday, April 10th the portal will be opened for student to begin making their course requests. You can access the Program of Studies on the BA website under Academics for you to review when choosing courses.
- The CT Congressional Delegation will host our annual Military Service Academy on April 29th via webinar beginning at 5pm. We typically hold the event at the Armed Forces Reserve Center in Middletown. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to move forward with this event as a webinar. During our webinar, we will have congressional staffers from each district in CT go over their nomination process. Followed by representatives from each military academy, they will give a brief presentation for each academy and their application process. Lastly, we will provide time for Q&A for the parents, students, and/or guidance counselors. To join the webinar, please use the information below. You must be register for this event in advance. You are invited to a Zoom webinar. When: Apr 29, 2020 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Topic: CT Congressional Delegation Military Service Academy Night. Register in advance for this webinar: https://us04web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9Q3w0ClxR9ufpTpdrtjCnw After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- March 26th: Update from from Principal Peel: Click here to view.
- March 26th: Opening Day Message from Principal Peel: Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCDtxe31wQ here to view.
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Please view our School Counseling Website Page: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=493
- The Bacon Academy Environmental Club is sponsoring a Flower Power fundraiser to earn funds to show the documentary "The Pollinators" on Earth Day, 2020. Please visit http://baenvclub.fpfundraising.com/ to learn more or make a purchase. 50% of the proceeds go to the club.
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER Follow @BaconCounseling for timely department information!
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: Please view our School Counseling Website Page: https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=493
Manchester Community College Event: Offering Enroll-in-a-Day events on campus for students to complete the assessment test and register for classes all in one day. Students walk out fully registered for their fall 2020 semester courses. The dates we currently have available are: May 7th and May 15th. May 7th they can accommodate many students as that is our Reading Day so there are no classes. If neither of these dates work and you are interested in doing an Enroll-in-a-day event, please let MCC know, they can look at the calendar for other possible dates.
CHET Advance Scholarship: There's still time and we're calling on all eligible Connecticut freshmen to apply for the CHET Advance Scholarship. Students interested in being considered in the random drawing only need to complete the online application (no civic assignment requirement). They could receive a $1,250 scholarship, plus a potential $500 match! https://t.co/GnWVK8pW6u?amp=1
TESTING: AP testing calendar: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/ap-calendar.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
Release of Information for Scholarships: The School Counseling Office will be following the FERPA guidelines with regards to sending out information pertaining to requests for Scholarships. Students will need to fill out a scholarship request form for every scholarship they apply for. The counseling office will require (5) days to fulfill your request. It is your responsibility to watch deadline dates.
KEEPING YOUR RESUME UPDATED It is important for all students to keep their resume in Naviance updated. The counseling department references student resumes for awards and opportunities that become available.
Letters of Recommendation: Select ALL SCHOOLS in Naviance when requesting a teacher letter of recommendation! If you have selected each school individually, delete those requests and re-enter ONE request for ALL SCHOOLS. Note, there IS a delay when you will receive notification that teachers have uploaded letters.
Wondering what you should be doing? Here’s the Senior Planning Cheat Sheet:
Wondering “who does what” in college planning? click here
NEW DATES!! SAT and ACT: Please visit here for all SAT and ACT test dates:
DUAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: Please visit our link to view our partnerships and current dual enrollment classes offered.
SCHOOL COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
- Melanie Wehrenberg firstname.lastname@example.org ; ext. 2210
- Sharon Gagne email@example.com ; ext. 2207
- Ronald Sefchik firstname.lastname@example.org ; ext. 2212
- Ashley Zaugg email@example.com ; ext. 2211
- Jasmine Morton firstname.lastname@example.org; ext. 2208
- Donna DesSureault, Guidance Office Professional, email@example.com ; ext. 2205
- Marlene Blumberger, Guidance Office Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org: ext. 2206
- Superintendent's Weekly Update for April 3, 2020 here.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answer here.
- District Communication website page linked here.
- CPS Interim Learning Website for Families/Staff: here
- Free Internet Services Information: here
Resources from the Town of Colchester:
- Non Town Hall Services are posted on our Town website.
- You can stay updated on the Town's Response to COVID-19 here.
- Our Cragin Library website is also offering a host of resources.
- Residential Burn Permits are now only being issued electronically. The form is located on the Fire Marshal’s page on the Town Website under Burn Permits. Please fill out the form electronically or print and scan the form and email it to email@example.com. The request will be approved and a confirmation email will be sent.
- Comcast has Internet Essentials where some people may be able to apply for free or discounted internet services.
- Colchester's C3 is offering many online opportunities, you can check out their website here.
- Parks and Recreation is also offering some online opportunities through
Last Digital Backpack