WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
January 18, 2018
- To WJJMS students and parents: Please welcome Mary Schone, to the school counseling department. Mary is pursuing a Masters of School Counseling at the University of St. Joseph. She will be interning at William Johnston every Thursday from January through May. She will be working with all three grades under the supervision of Mrs. Yoder Gerow and Mrs. Lewis. We are excited to have Ms. Schone join the WJJMS family!
- Meet & Greet with Pupil Services & Special Education! Please join the new Director and Assistant Director of Pupil Services, and Special Education for an informal meet and greet, Date: Monday, February 11, 2019, Time: 5:30-6:30pm, Location: Pupil Services Office (near the night entrance at JJIS)
- Intramural Basketball: Registration has been open at Family ID: The program begins on February 5 and runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4pm. The program ends on March 14.
- Community Conversation on Kids & Mental Health program: Hear from a panel of young adults about their experiences with mental health and stigma on February 6 from 6-7pm in WJ’s Black Box Theatre. Pizza is served at 5:45pm!
- February Menus: Click here for the February Breakfast menu and here for the February Lunch menu.
- Please consider joining us for Paint Night on January 30th from 6-8pm! Help us fight hunger and support our Empty Bowls Night of the Arts fundraiser by painting birch trees at our new WJJMS Art Room~ Click here for the flyer.
- PumaNews V4: Click here for the latest PumaNews!
- ATTN 8th Grade Parents: It is time to place your child’s grad ad. The deadline is February 1st. Attached is a sample form with directions. Click here for the Grad Ad flyer.
- Permission form to stay after and watch a basketball game: Be a fan! Click here for the form.
- The PTO is beginning a new fundraiser, Square One Art: See Ms. Taylor for special art paper to create your original artwork or attach previously created art by February 1st! Contact Sara Mertz at email@example.com with any questions and click here for the flyer.
- Peace Poster Update: The Colchester Lions Club presented an award to Jalyn Collins for her peace poster submission on Wednesday the 9th at 7pm at the Lions meeting, held at St.Joseph Polish Club.
- Look ahead to Empty Bowls Night of the Arts & Mother’s Day Vendor Fair! Click here for the flyer and here for the Vendor Event application. The date is set for May 10, 2019.
- WJ BASKETBALL: GAME UPDATE due to the winter concert: On January 22, the girls will be going to Rocky Hill and the boys will be home against Rocky Hill. Permission form to watch basketball games:
- Snow Tubing at Powder Ridge - February 19th, 2019: Join Youth Services for two hours of Snow Tubing Fun, followed by lunch at Five Guys! Pick-up and drop-off will be at the YOUTH CENTER. This trip will run from 10am-3pm, Open Youth Center is available for drop-off at 9am before the trip and also available for pick up until 4pm (optional). In case of bad weather, there is a back-up trip. $39 registration fee, open to grades 6-12. Register online at www.colchesterct.gov/youth.
- Sky’s The Limit! – March 8th, 2019: Join Youth Services for 1.5 hours of jumping at Launch Trampoline Park in Hartford followed by a buffet lunch and a $20 Power Card for the arcade at Dave and Buster’s in Manchester. This program runs from 9am-4pm, pick up and drop off will be at the Town Hall. $48 registration fee, open to grades 6-12. Register online at www.colchesterct.gov/youth.
- Meet & Greet: Please join our new Director Kathy Perry and Assistant Director Becky Lopes of Pupil Services and Special Education for an informal meet and greet on Monday, February 11, 2019 from 5:30-6:30pm at the Pupil Services Office (near the night entrance at JJIS). Click here for flier.
- Breakfast at CES to meet the directors of the Special Education department on February 8th at 8:30am at CES. Click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Public Schools New Mission Statement:
~We create innovative thinkers for a dynamic world~
Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at the WJJMS at 7:00pm.
- It is time for baseball and softball! The Colchester Baseball and Softball League is officially opening their 2019 Spring registration on January 19th. Leagues are forming for all levels of baseball and softball. Registration ends February 28th. Online registration only! Visit www.cbsl.org to register today!
- Colchester Public School January calendar of events here. Community welcome!
- Family Game Night Friday, January 25th 5:30-7:30 at the Town Hall: Click here for details.
- Paint Night to Fight Hunger at WJJMS: Wednesday, January 30th 6pm-8pm. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth Services: Click here for list of programs and events.
- Teen Program at Cragin: Cereal Pancakes on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 3:00pm.
- 9th Annual Freezin for a Reason: Starting on Friday, February 8th to Sunday, February 10th Officer Rob Suchecki, Fire Chief Walt Cox, Greg Cordova and Fred Brown are camping on the Town Green to raise money for the Colchester Fuel Bank. Come down to the Green to say hi and donate money for the Fuel Bank. Or donate online with Pay Pal using firstname.lastname@example.org/freezinforareason
- Girl Scouts of America- Dancing Under the Stars: February 16, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm at the St. Andrew Parish Hall. Click here for ticket information and details.
- Colchester Soccer: Colchester Soccer Club's Annual Meeting is Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:00pm at Town Hall.
- Lacrosse: Are you interested in playing lacrosse? Click here for details. Colchester Youth Lacrosse Registration for the Spring 2019 season . Please click here for details. CYL Registrar at email@example.com.
Last Digital Backpack