WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
March 15, 2019
- PumaNews: Click here for our latest PumaNews!
- Track: There is no track meeting next week for parents. An informational track meeting will be held approximately a week after Track tryouts begin. Stay tuned! At that time, parents and students can gain the information they need for the season
- Mystic Museum of Art for Youth Art Month: Click here to view our WJ Art students who will have their artwork showcased at Mystic Museum of Arts!
- The 7th graders completed a "Global Connections project" on a South American country of their choice. These specific students' work will be submitted to the Hartford Courant's "Newspapers in Education" program for possible online publishing. Click here to view them!
- Digital Learning Day message and pictures: Click here to hear about Digital Learning Day and view a few amazing photos.
- Eastern Region Music Festival! Please help us congratulate the following students on a job well done this weekend. They rehearsed with guest conductors on Friday from 3:30-8:00pm at Enfield H.S., and then Saturday from 8:30am- the afternoon. The weekend ended with two fabulous concerts Saturday afternoon/evening. Jacob Susek-Bavone - jazz, Elliot Lewis - jazz, Owen Ibey - orchestra, Shayla Babcock - chorus, Megan Braga - chorus, Isabella Kress - chorus, Tristian Kruse - chorus, Jillian Filloramo - chorus, Vivian Lubinsky - chorus, Caroline Nettleton - chorus, Caroline Reiss - chorus, Samuel Ringuette - chorus, Ryan Moores - chorus
- Empty Bowls Night of the Arts information: Click here for an informational document for our upcoming Empty Bowls Night of the Arts :)
- Bacon Academy Middle School Volleyball Clinic: Click here for the registration form for the Bacon Academy Volleyball Clinic coming up during April break for WJ students from 5:30-7:30pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Individually Wrapped Single-roll toilet paper drive! The yearly single-roll toilet tissue drive is begins on March 4 and ends on April 12 when Mr. Bennett pulls the winner’s name. Bring in two single rolls and receive an entry into the grand prize drawing of a $50.00 gift card to Dave & Buster’s. Enter as many times as you wish! This drive supports the Colchester Food Bank.
- COURSE SELECTIONS FOR THE CLASS OF 2023 (INCOMING 9TH GRADERS) WILL SOON BE UNDERWAY
- On Monday, March 25th through Friday, April 25th the portal will be opened for students to begin making their course requests. Here is a link to the Program of Studies for you to review when choosing course. Within the next few days, parent/guardians will be receiving a letter from Bacon Academy with information and directions on how to choose courses for the 2019-20 school year.
- Budget Public Hearing Meeting: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 7:00pm at Town Hall Meeting Room.
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar: Updated version here. (added: snow days/2-hour delays)
- Parents and Community Members: Colchester students in grades 6-12 recently completed a survey regarding substance abuse. In order to get a complete and accurate picture of our community needs, YouthFIRST, Colchester's Local Prevention Council, is looking to gather information from parents and community members in an effort to understand the role that adults play in the use of alcohol and other substances among adolescents, and the perception of adults regarding underage drinking and substance use. Please take a moment to complete this survey by March 22nd. Thank you so much for helping to make a difference in your community. Click on the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ColchesterCommunity2019
- The BA Interact Club is hosting a book drive March 18th through March 29th. All genres of books will be accepting and will be donated to Reach Out to Read and other charitable organizations. Collections boxes will be located at BA and WJJMS offices, and in the lobby of CES and JJIS
- Colchester Soccer Club: is still seeking a 1st Grade Divisional Coordinator for the upcoming Fall 2019 soccer season. Role will begin this spring! Please contact Tim at email@example.com for more information. We are also seeking a Co-Director for our SoccerFest Travel tournament, and a volunteer to help on the SoccerFest Committee with Sponsorship requests. If interested, please contact Jenn at Jenn.Mahon@colchestersoccer.org.
- Parks and Rec: April vacation camps and list of programs and events attached here!
- People Empowering People (PEP)- Beginning March 20th- is a personal, family and leadership development program for parents. Please see the flyer here.
- Colchester Youth Services Programs and Events: Click here for April vacation trips!
- CASTLE is looking for input on your Childcare Needs in Town: Please see the attached 30 second questionnaire here. Thank you!
- Cub Scout Pack 109 Pancake Breakfast is Saturday, March 16th: Click here for details.