WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
May 24, 2019
- WJ CABE AWARDS! Click here to see William J. Johnston’s students who have been selected to receive the CABE Award.
- Parent Imput Form Reminder: Click here for the WJJMS 2019 - 20 Parent Input Form. They’re due by Friday, May 31, 2019.
- 8th Grade Promotion Information: Click here for the Promotion page at www.colchesterct.org!
- 8th grade students are invited to design the cover for their Promotion Program:The cover design should be created in black ink on a 4.25” x 5.5” sheet of white paper. This year's Promotion Program cover contest submissions are due by May 31, 2019.
- Chromebook Collection: Student Chromebooks will be collected the first full week of June. A letter will be sent home to all parents/guardians sharing the collection week and what will be collected. Students will return the Chromebook, case, and charger. The Chromebook Collection Dates are as follows: 6th: June 3 and 4, 7th: June 4 and 5, 8th: June 6 and 7.
- Do you want us to bring back Youth Services Summer Kickoff?! This is an amazing event that provides a safe, supervised, FUN place for kids in grades 5-8 to go after school on the last day. We will have food, inflatables, DJ, dunk tank, and more! The catch is that we need a commitment from at least 30 adult volunteers to help us run it from 11:30am- 3:00pm on June 13th. If you are interested in being a part of the BEST DAY EVER, message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 7:00pm at William J. Johnston Middle School. Community welcome!
- Graduation for the Bacon Academy Class of 2019 and the Last Day of School is Thursday, June 13, 2019. Shortened day schedules for June 12th and June 13.
- Memorial Day Parade in Colchester is Sunday, May 26th at 12:30pm
- Bike Rodeo June 8th 10am-1pm at the Colchester Town Hall: Community Bike Rodeo sponsored by Pack 109. Please see the attached flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Lions Carnival 2019: Wednesday, May 29th-through Saturday June 1st. Discount ride vouchers for bracelets only are available now. Any questions please email ColchesterLionsCarvinal@gmail.com.
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fantastic season of football and cheerleading! Please see our flyer here to learn more about the program and registration information.
- Colchester Youth Services SUMMER Trips! We are ready for another fun-filled Summer here at Youth Services! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, digital backpack, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov). Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860) 537-7255.
- Trivia Night and Silent Auction-CASTLE is hosting a Trivia Night and Silent Auction on Friday May 31st from 6-9 at the St Joseph’s Polish Club. What Trivia will be there to host all the fun and there have been many items donated by local businesses for our silent auction and raffles. It should be a great evening of fun! Please click here for ticket info.
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- The Demarcus S. White Memorial dedication service will take place on Tuesday, June 4 at 5:00 p.m. at the Colchester Elementary School. The memorial was created and named for a kindergarten student who passed away in February 2018 as a result of complications from the flu. The library-based memorial, utilizing the talents of local artists, will both celebrate DeMarcus’ unique passions and spirit and provide needed resources for the school library. The event is open to the public.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. We are hopeful that community members as well as businesses will help support this event by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle prizes cannot be beat: 1st prize is a $20,000 gift certificate toward the purchase of a vehicle. The winner of the raffle will be responsible for all taxes, title, registration and insurance.
- Food Festival/Corn Hole Tournament/Free Concert: Colchester Recreation will sponsor the annual Food Festival on the Town Green on Saturday, June 15th beginning at 12pm. We have also added a Corn Hole Tournament and a free concert!
- The Food Festival will feature food trucks with many different varieties and foods. Food Trucks such as Munchies, Uncle D’s, Classic Scoop, Cake Batter and Roll, Supreme Hot Dogs, Szabos Seafood, JR”s Lemonade, Oz –n- Bones and Greekin’ Out will be available.The free community concert will feature the “Leaf Jumpers”. To register, or for more information, please go to www.colchesterct.gov (to the Parks and Recreation page), or call the office at (860) 537-7297.
Last Digital Backpack