WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
November 8, 2019
- The Puma Newsletter Version 2: Click here to read our Puma Newsletter Version 2 to see what’s been happening at WJ.
- Lyman Orchard Pie and Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough delivery Thursday, November 21st. We are in need of a few volunteers to help with delivery and sorting. If you would be available on 11/21 from 12:15-1:45 please email Michelle Toennes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any amount of time would help. Thank you!! Pickup of orders will be from 2:20 pm - 7 pm near the Surplus Store which will be open as well. Thank you for making our fundraiser a success!
- WJJMS INTERSCHOLASTIC BASKETBALL NEWS: Boys and girls Interscholastic Basketball Mandatory tryouts will be held on Monday and Tuesday, November 25 and 26. Interscholastic Basketball means that you play against other school teams. Registration is completed in Power School.
- More WJJMS Boys and girls Intramural Basketball information will be forthcoming. Intramural Basketball means that you play your classmates at WJJMS after school. There are no try-outs. The fee will be $40.00 and registration will be done via a registration packet, available shortly.
- BALDI TREE FARM CHRISTMAS TREE FREE DRAWING: Jingle Jangle! Staff & Students may donate two non-perishable food items or dog/cat food or treats and receive a ticket to the free drawing! There is no limit on how many items you may donate. The drawing will be held on November 27. Please drop off donations to Mrs. Baldi in the Nurse’s Office. Donations benefit our Colchester Food Bank.
- Student Council will begin snack sales during workshop this Friday. Student Council members will be coming to classrooms with a snack cart, and students will have the opportunity to purchase snacks for $1. They can also purchase snacks with a snack cart coupon purchased at Friday Puma Headquarters. Student Council members will be providing this service every club Friday workshop. We thank you in advance for helping support this Student Council fundraiser!
- The December Friday Forum on December 6th will be a school-wide GeoBee event. It is already a half-day, and workshops will be held during the last period. There, team winners of the GeoBee will compete against each other to determine our school winner.
- Colchester Youth Basketball (CYB): Online registration for recreational basketball is open. Recreation leagues 3rd-12th grade boys and girls. Leagues will begin in Mid November. Clinics on the 1st Saturday in January. Parents please indicate at registration if you would like to be considered as a coach or for other volunteer roles. If you have any questions please contact CYB at email@example.com. Please visit http://www.colchesterbasketball.org to register (click on available programs) . For further and updated info https://www.facebook.com/ColchesterYouthBasketball/.
- Message from Superintendent Jeffrey Burt: In preparation of the winter season: Click here for letter.
- Dear Parent/Caregiver: Is your child protected by health insurance? If not, your school and the State of Connecticut want to help. Connecticut’s HUSKY Health program, for example, pays for doctor visits (including physical exams), prescriptions, emergency care, vision and dental care, mental healthcare, special healthcare needs and more. Open Enrollment period (November 1, 2019 - December 15, 2019) to get healthcare coverage through Access Health CT. Click here for flyer with details.
- Waterford Country School Foster Care: Be a part of someone's childhood memories. Click here for flyer with details.
- Blanket Drive: Bacon students Emory Francis and Amy Collins are holding a Blanket Drive as part of their Civic Action Portfolio from OCTOBER 28 - DECEMBER 20. HELP US KEEP THE LESS FORTUNATE WARM THIS WINTER! Blankets of all sizes are needed, along with gently used and new. All donations are going to the New London Homeless Hospitality Center and Covenant Shelter of New London. Click here for flyer.
- Bacon Academy Student Organizes Holiday Food Drive: Bacon Academy senior Jamie Lombardi is running a non perishable holiday canned/boxed food drive from November 4th-30th to benefit the Colchester Food Bank. Focus is on Thanksgiving and Holiday meal items, but all donations are appreciated!! “Food drive” boxes will be placed in each of the schools so everyone in the community can help! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- November Programs for attached here for Children at Cragin Memorial Library
- November Programs for attached here for Teens at Cragin Memorial Library
- 11/10/19: ARTOPIA Arts Festival in East Hampton November 10th from 1pm-4pm: Epoch Arts will be showcasing student artwork from neighboring towns. Click here for flyer with details.
- 11/23/19: Colchester Senior Center Holiday Open House: Saturday, November 23 from 9am-1pm. Click here for flyer.
- 12/5/19: CASTLE is hosting a Winter Wonderland event Thursday, December 5th from 6pm-7pm. Click here for event details.
- 12/7/19: Save the Date! Sleigh Bells Fair at Bacon Academy from 9am-3pm: A perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There will be over 65 vendors, along with food,and fun!!! Booth fees generate funds supporting the BA Art Department!!!
- 12/7/19: Holiday Homecoming! Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:30pm on the Colchester Town Green. Click here for details.
- UCFS Fall News: Click here for flier with details.
- Smarter Appliance has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser! A portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance between NOW-Dec.31 will be donated to Project Grad. When making your next purchase, make sure to bring the letter linked here: http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Smarter-Appliance-flyer.pdf
- Colchester Youth Wrestling Sign-ups: Please visit https://www.colchesterwildcats.org/ to sign up. The 2019 Season will begin at JJIS on Nov 19th at 6pm for all boys and girls 1st through 8th grade from Colchester and surrounding towns.
Last Digital Backpack