WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
July 12, 2019 - Summer Digital Backpack
- Summer Meals Outreach: For locations near Colchester call 211 or Text CTmeals to 877877 or visit their website at www.CTSummerMeals.org. Questions contact 860-807-2144 or click here for more information. The Colchester Food Bank is available to all Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- WJJMS Honor Roll Q4: Click here for the WJJMS Honor Roll 2018-2019 Q4
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Click here. This listing is a compilation of each grades’ common items on their supply lists. If you need to be creative, creativity is good! School supply lists are included on each team’s Welcome Letter which your student will receive approximately two weeks before school begins. Welcome Letters will also be available at www.colchesterct.org and the Digital Backpack.
- Student Information Forms: Please complete your child’s online Student Information Form prior by August 15, 2019. You may access the online form from your PowerSchool parent portal on the left navigation column listed under “Ecollect Forms”. NOTE: You must accesss the information to update on your home computer/laptop as changes cannot be made from your PowerSchool mobile app. In order to access the online forms, you will need to log into your existing PowerSchool Parent Account. Click here for E-collect form instructions. If you do NOT already have an existing PowerSchool account (instructions here) you will need to create one.
- E-Collect Online Forms: CPS is using online forms through the PowerSchool Parent Portal to update student information. Click here! Accela School Ecollect (data collection system within PowerSchool): Many forms will be shared with you via the Parent Portal in PowerSchool. You will see a new “Ecollect” link on the left-hand navigation bar. Use this link to access any forms shared with you. Forms submitted by you are automatically accessible to school staff via their PowerSchool Portal. Click here for more information.
- PowerSchool Accounts & the App: Click here for the directions on how to create a powerschool account along with the app information. If you have yet to create a PowerSchool Account and you need your codes, you may contact Annette in the WJJMS Office from July 16, 2019 forward at 860 537 2313.
- School Year Calendar: Click here to view our 2019-20 school year calendar.
- Pupil Services/Special Education Office is now at 360 Norwich Avenue (William J. Johnston Middle School Building) Colchester, CT 06415 Phone: 860-537-3103. The Pupil Services/Special Education office moved from the JJIS building to the WJJMS building on Monday, June 24, 2019.
- Husky Health Insurance: Click here to read about CT’s Husky Health Insurance.
- Free and reduced lunch application: Click here for the free and reduced lunch application form.
- Free and reduced lunch FAQ: Click here for answers to all of your questions about free and reduced lunch.
- Free and reduced lunch Income Guidelines: Click here for the free and reduced lunch income guidelines.
- For WJ's Summer Reading Bingo Board, click here.
- Summer hours at WJJMS: Summer hours for WJJMS are Monday through Thursday from 1 - 3:30pm and Fridays from 7 - 1:00pm
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Pupil Services/Special Education Office New Location: The office is now located at 380 Norwich Avenue which is attached to the William J. Johnston Middle School Building. Phone: 860-537-3103.
- Colchester Food Bank is available to ALL Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps and next week is July 15-19 for boys. Coaches will work both weeks together with college players. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details here and registration form here.
- Bacon Academy Athletics Golf Outing: Friday, August 2, 2019 at Blackledge Country Club, 180 West St. in Hebron, 10am shotgun start, scramble format. Includes: 18-holes of golf, driving cart, lunch, dinner raffles and prizes (closest to pin, long drive and putting contest). $125 per golfer/$500 per foursome. Tee sponsorships available. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy Athletics and field maintenance. Register by contacting Rob LaSaracina at email@example.com. Click here for the registration form.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services Summer trip calendar here: For more information call (860) 537-7255 or visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov).
Last Digital Backpack