You have 1 PagePop. View
WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
February 16, 2018
- Students, M. Barnett & H. Marvin, will be attending the CAPPS Ceremony soon! (Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendent/Student Recognition Award for leadership service to the school, academic prowess relative to ability, and service to others in the community) Congrats!
- Digital Learning Day Map: Click here for the cool Digital Learning Day map with apps to download prior to coming on February 22, 2018, and please know that the Opening Ceremony begins at 5 pm in the JJIS Gym!
- Colchester Schools with Peace at Home Parenting Solutions: Bi-weekly support program for parents of school-age children with anxiety or depression. The 5-month program started Monday, February 12th, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Please view flier here for more information, including how to register.
- The WJ Track Team cometh: Any student that wants to try out for the WJJMS track team must register on Family ID and have a current physical dated within the last 13 months to be eligible to try out. Tryouts will begin on March 19. Registration will close on March 18. If you have not registered by March 18, you will not be eligible to participate.
- Attention 13 year old baseball players: New for spring 2018, Colchester Baseball & Softball League started a 13-year-old (50/70) Baseball Program. This division is a great transition between Little League (field size 46/60) and Senior Ball on a full-size field (60/90). Register by February 28, 2018 at www.cbsl.org Open to: Boys & Girls born between: 09/01/2004 and 04/30/2005.
- BA Girls LAX Boosters Inishmor Night: The Bacon Academy Girls Lacrosse Boosters will be hosting a fundraiser at The Inishmor, 20 Main Street in Colchester on Thursday, February 22, 2018, starting at 3:00 p.m. Please join the girls for an evening of good company and great food as 10% of the proceeds for the entire evening will go to support the program and the girls!
- Youth Services Trips During April Vacation: Monday, April 16th- Fields of Fire, 9:00am-4:00pm, Grades 7-12, $52, tree top fun at Fields of Fire in Mystic followed by lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Includes 3 hours of climbing plus training, and lunch. Bring a snack to have while climbing and wear sneakers. Tuesday, April 17th- Fun, Food & a Film, 9:00am-4:00pm, Grades 6-12, $41, laser tag at Laser Quest in Newington, Five Guys Burgers & Fries for lunch, and movies at Metro Movies in Middletown. Activities and lunch are included, bring extra money for movie snacks. Wednesday, April 18th- Six Flags, 10:00am-6:00pm, Grades 7-12, $50/ $15 with season pass, spend a day at Six Flags New England. Park admission is included, bring money for lunch and additional spending. Thursday, April 19th- Sky’s the Limit, 9:00am-4:00pm, Grades 6-12, $48, Launch Trampoline Park in Hartford and Dave & Busters in Manchester. Trip fee includes 90 minutes of jumping, buffet lunch, $20 power card, and unlimited video game play.
- The 9th Freezin for a Reason! The yearly Freezin’ for a Reason event on the Colchester Green was held this past weekend. The unofficial total monies raised as of today, Monday, February 12, 2018 is $13,700.00 going towards the Colchester Fuel Bank. Over the last 9 years, they have raised over $85,000.00. Thank you to all who contributed. All of you are what makes what we do matter! - Officer R. Suchecki
- Join in Paint Night #2 (Summer Poppies on canvas): Click here for the flier for information about Paint Night with Artists Chris Taylor and Julianna Cameron @ William J. Johnston on February 28 from 6-8pm! Help fundraise for Empty Bowls (RFA and the Colchester Food Bank).
- Go for the Gold: Click here for the Library Reading Challenge from February 14 - April 11th. Read four books to win the gold, silver or bronze and a chance to win an Amazon Giftcard!
- Updated School Year Calendar: Click here for the updated 2017-18 School Year Calendar.
- Big Y Express Rewards: Sign up with our WJJMS school code #5110 and earn money to support your child’s education! It’s free! Click this link: https://www.bigy.com/rs/educationexpress. Everyone can participate! Do you have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews or even neighbors? You can support their school by signing up for Education Express. And from February 1 through April 25, 2018, for every 500 Education Express Points earned, you get a GOLD COIN! Just shop our stores and look for the participating items marked with the Education Express logo. Each item will have a point value and savings on top of that! Through previous Big Y Education Express programs, together we’ve given our local schools approximately $14 Million Dollars of much-needed supplies and equipment.
- Puma News Version 4 & 5: Click here to view our Puma News Version 4 & 5!
- Gertrude Hawk Chocolates! Sales will be through February 23rd! Bring your order forms in or choose the online fundraising program, and our group code is 723625. Click here for directions or contact Deborah Ricci at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.gertrudehawkfundraising.com
- Quarter 1 Honor Roll: Click here for the honor roll report for Quarter 1.
- February Lunch Menu here and Breakfast Menu here.
- The Coffee House: Click here for the Coffee House flier and details. Perform or watch the show on February 23, 2018 @ CES Cafe’ at 6:30pm.
- The new WJ Tech Team on Twitter! Follow WJ’s new Digital Media Class on Twitter @wjjmstech!
- Community Conversation's Hidden in Plain Sight Program - February 22 at Bacon from 6-7:30pm. Pizza will be served @ 5:45pm! Program for Grades 7 & 8 students and parents at Bacon from 6-7:30pm. Pizza will be served @ 5:45pm. See this unique opportunity to learn what no one else is going to tell you about teen drug and alcohol trends. Michele Divine of Southeastern Regional Action Council presents a “Mock Teen Bedroom,” Students will see a presentation on substance abuse from the Looking In Theater. Participating teachers give extra credit for students to attend!See this amazing and unique opportunity to learn what no one else is going to tell you about teen drug and alcohol trends. Click here for details.
- Information from the Office: Absences/Tardy/Early Dismissal Information here.
- No School Reminder: Monday, February 19, 2018 and Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - winter break.
Digital Learning Day - February 22, 2018 5pm-7pm! Will be held at JJIS. Click here for map of events. Digital Learning Day - Click on the link here to Register (No cost!) Exhibits & Workshops. Courtesy of CES, JJIS and WJJMS PTO!
- Shortened Day/No School: Thursday, March 8, 2018 is a shortened day for parent/teacher conferences and Friday, March 9, 2018 is no school for students for teacher training/regional professional development.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at Bacon Academy.
- TVCCA Early Head Start and Head Start programs are federally funded comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to five, pregnant women, and their families. In Colchester, services are offered in a Colchester Elementary preschool classroom and through an infant/toddler home visitation option. Click here for details.
- The 9th Freezin for a Reason! The yearly Freezin’ for a Reason event was held this past weekend and the unofficial total monies raised as of today, Monday, February 12, 2018 is $13,700.00 going towards the Colchester Fuel Bank. Over the last 9 years, they have raised over $85,000.00. Thank you to all who contributed! All of you are what makes what we do matter! -Officer R. Suchecki
- 02-16-18: Please come support the many Colchester students performing in the show! And guess what?- there's even flying!" The Colchester Community Theatre will Present the Wizard of OZ! " February 16th -February 18, 2018: Click here for details.
- 02-17-18: Colchester Cooperative Nursery School Open House: Colchester Cooperative Nursery School is having an Open House on Saturday, February 17, 2018 from 9 to 11am at the school located at 80 Main St, Colchester. Come meet the teachers and tour the school. Any questions, please contact Tina Zajac at 860-428-7710 or email@example.com.
- 02-17-18: Girls Scouts of CT Invites you to Join their Luau Party, February 17th at 6:30pm at St. Andrew Parish Hall, Click here for details.
- 02-22-18:Don't Miss Digital Learning Day - February 22, 2018 5pm-7pm! Will be held at JJIS. Click here for map of events! Digital Learning Day - Click on the link here to Register (No cost!) Free Pizza! Exhibits & Workshops! Courtesy of CES, JJIS and WJJMS PTO!
- 02-22-18: Community Conversations- Hidden in Plain Sight: Thursday, February 22nd! This is an amazing and unique opportunity to learn what no one else is going to tell you about teen drug and alcohol trends. Click here for flier.
- 02-28-18: Are you ready to love more and fight less? Learn to meet your child's unique love needs: Click here for details.
- 02-28-18: Paint Night "Empty Bowl": Help raise funds to fight hunger with 50% funds for Colchester Food Bank and 50% for Empty Bowls.
- 03-05-18: Nutrition Education - Share your ideas with other parents on more fruits and vegetables: Click here for details.
- Cragin Teen Programs: MARCH programs here.
- Cragin Kids Programs: MARCH programs here.
Last Digital Backpack