WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
March 16, 2018
- Track News: Track will be having an informational meeting in the gym on Monday, March 19, from 2 to 3pm and a schedule will be given out at that time. Mr. Kershnar is coaching the boys and former student athlete, Kaitlin Hogan, is coaching the girls once again.
- WJ's Puma News: Click here for our Puma News Version 6!
- Bacon Volleyball Middle School Clinic: Grades 6, 7 & 8 students, join in Monday, April 16 through Thursday, April 19 from 5-7:30pm! Click here for the permission form.
- Band and Chorus: Click here for the Band & Chorus calendar dates.
- 8th Grade Promotion: 8th Grade Promotion details coming soon!
- University Region Superintendents' Association presented the CT Associations's Student Recognition Awards at RHAM High School: Click here to see a few photos of our two WJJMS students who are shining examples of our WJJMS family being role model students and outstanding community members, Heather Marvin and Michael Barnett.
- Band and Chorus goes to Six Flags each year! Click here for the Six Flags permission form.
- Paint Night Color Study Landscapes April 13th from 6-8pm! Assist in purchasing supplies for the new WJJMS Art Room. See our WJ Teacher, Ms. Taylor, and local artist, Julianna Cameron! Anyone who may be interested in more Art in your life.... this is our last Paint Night in what was once our Bacon Academy Art room, some of us had Ms. Gorreck and/or Mr. Stef. These walls are coming down this summer and it’s a great chance to laugh, share memories/ make memories, have fun and be creative in this space. Absolutely no experience is needed, art student or not. Click here for flier.
- Dear 8th Grade Parents, you should have received a letter from the school counseling department at Bacon Academy regarding course selections. Click here for a copy of the letter with directions on how to register for courses and the timeline.After School Clubs are coming! Click here for the listing of Spring After School Clubs and their descriptions, and herefor the permission form.
- After School Clubs are coming! Click here for the listing of Spring After School Clubs and their descriptions, and here for the permission form.
- WJ Track Team: It’s not too late to join at Family ID on www.colchesterct.org. The schedules are being created now. You have until March 18th! Athletes take their buses to Bacon when they have practice or home meets.
- Student Summer Reading Committee opportunity for Grade 6 & 7 students: Are you interested in helping with summer reading? Mrs. Lane and Mrs. Fox are looking for student volunteers to help pick our book and format for summer reading. Your thoughts matter to us!! If interested, please contact Mrs. Lane or Mrs. Fox.
- Bacon's Connor McCourt is running a Clothing & Kindness Drive until March 23 for CES. The donation box is in the WJ office! Please consider bringing in girls and boys underwear sizes 3/4 to 7/ 8, girls and boys new or gently used pants sizes 5/6 to 7/ 8 and baby wipes.
- Beta Social Studies teacher, Ms. Krenicki, has secured an on-camera spot with Bob Ballard in the National Geographic Explorer series on March 20 at 11:00am. Click here for the information on Bob Ballard and his accomplishments!
- Poppies Paint Night a success: The energy in the room was buzzing! Thank you to our students, staff and friends for joining in on the fun and donating to our Empty Bowls and RFA fundraising efforts. Click here for photo.
- Congratulations to the Geo Bee winner and his advancement! Andrew Lima has qualified to compete in the state level competition of the National Geographic Bee! The Connecticut State Bee will be held on Friday, April 6, 2018 at Central Connecticut State University. The state champion will be invited to attend the National Bee in Washington, D.C., May 20-23, 2018. For more information about the National Geographic Bee, please visit natgeobee.org.
- Everything Youth Services: Click here for program information for students, and additional evening programs for parents and students!
- Youth Service’s April Break Calendar: Click here for the Youth Service’s April break calendar to see all of the opportunities for our student.
- Sky’s The Limit! Click here for the flier for Youth Service’s April trip to Sky’s The Limit!
- A Note to WJJMS’s Office: Click here to view WJJMS’s A Note to the Office that you can utilize when your student will be coming in late, leaving early, was absent, or will be on vacation.
- The Readathon results are in! We’re very pleased to announce that $1,011.51 has been raised to benefit the Colchester Food Bank and Restavec Freedom Alliance. Thank you to all of the students who participated in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Congrats to the DLD students: Click here to view the students who took part in Digital Learning Day, showcasing talents and sharing with younger students! A huge thank you goes out to WJ’s Laura Krenicki, Michelle Lane and Kelli Cauffman!
- Peace Poster update:The Colchester Lions are pleased to announce the success of the Peace Poster Contest. There were four entries which were very well done, based on the theme "The Future of Peace.” Hannah Nolsoe was awarded 1st Place; Aine Malone received 2nd Place. We had a tie for 3rd with both Juan Yanez and Olivia Ignazio receiving awards. We really appreciate the participation and interest of all who participated and the time and energy of the Middle School staff .
- WJJMS Go For the Gold: Read! Reading challenge runs until April 11th. Students read books, record and review the books and submit for various awards. Four books read = a Bronze medal, 8 books read = a silver medal, and 12 books read = a gold medal. Complete a level and gain an entry to win the grand prize - an Amazon gift card or a 4 pack of tickets to a Hartford Yardgoats game.
- Public Budget Forum Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 6:30pm at the Town Hall: Feedback from the public is welcome as the Board of Education and the Board of Finance shape the 2018-2019 Town and Education budgets.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Five percent of all school-age children miss school due to an anxiety-related disorder every day. Children who exhibit school refusal behaviors often do so to avoid or escape anxiety provoking situations. Click here for details.
- Community Wellness Fair- March 25th: Join CYSS and the Colchester Farmers Market on Sunday, March 25th from 10am -2pm at Colchester Elementary School, as they promote wellness in our community. Click here for flier.
- Narcan Training: A community Narcan training session will be available from 12-1pm at the Community wellness Fair at CES on Sunday, March 25th. Click here for flier.
- Clothing Drive for Students in Need at CES: Bacon Academy student Conor McCourt is collecting items for Colchester Elementary students in need at the Colchester Elementary School. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services: Upcoming programs and events: Click here to view
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: For Kids Events click here and Teen Events click here.
- April Vacation Soccer Program at Conn College: Click here for details.
- Cragin’s National Library Week Programs: The celebration happens Monday April 9th thru Saturday April 14th. This year makes the 60th anniversary of the first event, sponsored in 1958. Click here for Cragin’s programs.
- TVCCA Early Head Start and Head Start programs are federally funded comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to five, pregnant women, and their families. Click here for details.
- Are you interested in opening your heart and home to a child in need? Did you know there are over 4,500 children in foster care without a home? Please see the attached flier and find out how you can help!
- Colchester Behavioral Health Center: Offering individual and group counseling to adults, children and families. For more information please call 860-537-7676. Click here for flier.
- Talent Show at the Colchester Federated Church: Come for a night of fun, food, and a fabulous show! Saturday, March 24th from 7-8pm. Food Concessions available and an auction as well.
- Parks&Rec Summer UK Soccer Programs: For soccer program click here:
- Eastern CT Summer Program: Click here for details.
Last Digital Backpack