WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
January 17, 2020
- No School: Monday, January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- WJJMS Innovations program and the Connecticut Invention Convention: The WJJMS Innovations program is happy to announce that this year our school will be participating in the Connecticut Invention Convention. This program provides a venue for students to develop their own inventions while practicing the skills of creative thinking and problem-solving. Each student who wants to participate in the convention must complete a personal inventor’s log, a small working prototype of their idea, and an informative poster display board to present at the school Invention Convention at WJJMS on February 21st. Students who place at this event will move on to the final round in the State Competition. If you are a 6th-8th grade student interested in entering the WJJMS Invention Convention, you need to sign up with Mrs. Ngai in the Innovations room or on the clipboard in the main office by Friday, January 31st. For more information about the Connecticut Invention Convention please visit www.ctinventionconvention.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intramural Basketball: Basketball Intramurals begin Tuesday, February 4th & run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 - 4pm in Gym West until March 10. Packets are in the office! Registration is NOT done online for this sport.
- 2019-20 updated School Year Calendar: Click here to see the updated 2019-20 school-year calendar.
- Bacon Academy Unified Sports: Unified Sports will be hosting another basketball game at WJJMS on Thursday, February 20 from 2:30 - 4:30pm in Gym West! Unified Sports already has a scheduled game on Thursday, February 13.
- PTO Surplus Store: The PTO Surplus Store will be open on January 23, 2020.
- SBAC Testing dates: WJJMS will be SBAC Testing on May 18 through May 22.
- Spring Box Tops: Click here for flyer.
- Updated School Calendar - Marking Periods/Grade dates updated here.
- Colchester Public Schools Adopts Board of Education Meeting Management Technology: Colchester Public Schools has implemented an online Board of Education meeting management tool called BoardDocs. Click here for details.
- Last Day of School (if no more snow/emergency closings) for the 2019-2020 school year is Monday, June 15, 2020 due to the 12/17/19 snow day.
- Community Conversations Thursday, 1/29 at 6pm: Screenagers: The Next Chapter Extra credit may be available for youth who attend ACCOMPANIED BY a parent/guardian from participating teachers. Click here for flyer.
- Colchester is Kind's 2020 kindness contest happening during Random Acts of Kindness week in Feb! Would love for you to share this in your schools. It's open to all ages and there are three prizes! The objective is for participants to complete as many acts of kindness as they can during the week. The flyer is attached here and here's the web link: https://colchesteriskind.com/2020/01/07/2020-colchester-kindness-ninja-contest/
- My Someone Special and Me Dance” is open to ALL girls K-12 in Colchester! Click here for flyer with details.
- Kids Programs at Cragin here!
- Teens Programs at Cragin here!
- Holidays getting you down? UCFS could help. Click here for flyer with details
- 2/7/20: SAVE THE DATE! Prom Night for students with special needs: Night to Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Register early as space is limited! Register here: https://cthope.com/events Will be held at East Hampton Middle School. Click here for flyer with details.
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY will be held February 27th, 2020! JJIS will sponsor the annual DIGITAL LEARNING DAY! This event is free and open to all! Bring your own device (pad, pod or internet ready device) and attend personalized learning opportunities! Click here for more details and to sign up!
- Coerver CT East Soccer: Click here for flyer with details of programs.
- Incoming (2020-2021) Kindergarten Story Time at the Colchester Elementary School: Click here for dates and details.
- Kindergarten Registration is NOW open for the CES 2020-2021. Click here for details.
- Smarter Appliance: has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser: a portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance on January 26 & 27 will be donated to Project Grad. No forms needed, and they are open an hour later on the 27th!
- Half Day Hooray- February 14th: Half-Day Hooray is a program designed for Colchester students in grades K through 5, presented by Colchester Recreation, Youth Services and Cragin Library. This program is held at CES for grades K-2 and at JJIS for grades 3-5. Our next session will take place on February 14th from 12:55pm to 4:00pm. Pick up will be between 4:00pm and 4:30pm. The fee per child is $20. Registration for the February session closes on Wednesday, February 5th. Forms can be brought to the school office, Colchester Recreation, Youth Services, or Cragin Library. Snack is included in the program. Half Day Hooray at CES will feature a performance by Jungle Jim and his Ballooniverse, CrossFit Kids, legos, crafts and games! JJIS students will engage in Team Building challenges with Empower Leadership Sports, jewelry making, cooking activities, and more! Be sure to sign up, spots are limited and you don’t want to miss out on this exciting program! Registration forms can be found online at www.colchesterct.gov
Last Digital Backpack