WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
November 16, 2018
- Pie & Cookie Dough pickup: The new date to pick up your pie and cookie dough orders is now November 19th from 4 - 630pm!
- Fundraiser for the Colchester Food Bank & free Christmas Tree Drawing! Did you know about the Colchester Food Bank drive & free Baldi Christmas Tree drawing? Bring in 2 or more non-perishable food items to Mrs. Baldi by November 21st to win a Christmas Tree. Bring in as many items as you wish, you may enter as many times as you want. Click here for the flier!
- Turkey Burn Fitness Challenge! Attention all students! The first ever Turkey Burn Team Challenge is here. Please complete this form along with dropping off your donation and permission slip to your HR teacher. Registration is open until Tuesday, November 20th. There are "no day of" registrations accepted. Any questions please contact Mrs. Karcich or Mr. Petty. https://goo.gl/forms/TE7nSmnyeyFMoKFt1
- 8th Grade Snow Ball Semi-formal: The 8th Grade Snow Ball will be held here in the Commons on Friday, December 7 from 6-8pm.
- WJ Interscholastic Basketball News: Mon./Nov. 26 & Tues./Nov. 27 - Girls tryouts (attendance both days required). 2:15-3:45pm. Wed./Nov. 28 and Thurs./Nov. 29 - Boys tryouts (Attendance both days required) 2:15pm-4:00pm. Friday - Practice (Both boys and girls) from 2:15-3:45. Parent meeting will be held at 3:45. Schedules and season information will be given at that time. Registration is still open on Family ID (https://www.familyid.com/programs/2018-19-winter-athletic-registration-36).
- WJJMS Band News: Click here to read about the WJJMS Band and see upcoming concert information. (I’m waiting on the green light on this document/pictures)
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: The WJ Staff Appreciation Luncheon is set for December 14!
- PumaNews Version 2: Click here to read our PumaNews Version 2 to see what’s happening @ WJ.
- 8th Grade Applications to Tech. Schools and Lyman Ag. Any 8th grade student who is interested in applying to Norwich Tech., Windham Tech. or Lyman's Agricultural program may get applications from their school counselor if they have not already done so. Applications are due back to Mrs. Yoder Gerow and Mrs. Lewis no later than December7th. Please feel free to contact either of us if you have any questions.
- Homework Clubs update: 6th & 7th Grade Homework Clubs are cancelled, 8th Grade Homework will begin Monday, Nov. 19th, 2-3:00pm in room #2240.
- CYSS Sweater Weather Soiree: (a party with hot chocolate, donuts, fun games and more)! Friday, November 30, 2018 from 2-4:30pm sharp @ the Colchester Youth Center. Open to grades 6-8. Register online at www.colchesterct.gov/youth. It’s free!
- CYSS Community Conversations Internet Safety & Social Media awareness: Presenter Katharine Cummings, CT State Trooper, shares some valuable resources to keep you and your family safe and discusses Digital Footprints. Join us at WJJMS Wednesday, Dec. 5 from 6-7:30pm. All are invited, pizza will be served at 5:45pm. For parents and adult community members only. Please click here for flier and details here.
- 8th Graders will be visiting Bacon Academy soon! Students take their buses directly to Bacon and will return around 10:30am. Zeta will be at BA on November 27 and Pi will be at BA on November 28.
- Athletic Schedule alerts: To sign up for schedule alerts, go to http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=116. Also, ask your athlete to convey to you all that was said to them at practice. You also may wish to have a plan in place in the case of a last minute cancellation.
- Box Tops - making our school a cut above! Click here for the Box Tops Contest status and winner of the $25.00 gift card to the Bennett Bucks Store.
- Open Youth Center : Time: 2:00pm – 4:30pm Grades 7 & 8: Mondays Grades 6: Wednesdays Fee. Click here for details.
- CYSS Volunteer opportunity for grades 7-12: Click here for details
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at the William J. Johnston Middle School at 7:00PM.
- Bacon Academy Powderpuff Football: Monday, November 19th at 6:30 pm Juniors vs. Seniors playing under the lights at the Recplex R8 (Cougar Field). Admission in $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. The concession stand will also be available for drinks and snacks.
- Holiday Homecoming 12/1/18: Colchester Parks and Rec: 2018 Holiday Homecoming is Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. all community members are invited to the Town Green as Colchester welcomes the holiday season with our Annual Holiday Homecoming Celebration. Click here for details.
- Concert -Holiday Homecoming Concert Saturday, December 1, 6:30 p.m. Colchester Civic Orchestra & Choir invites you to attend our special annual holiday concert at the Colchester Federated Church immediately following the tree-lighting festivities on the Town Green. Come in to warm up and hear music of the season performed by a live orchestra and choir. Listen to a special Hanukkah presentation, sing a medley of Christmas carols with us, and make the rafters resound at the end with Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. All are invited to a reception with holiday treats following the concert. Admission is free; donations gratefully accepted.
- Bacon Academy Book Fair: Save the date! The Bacon Academy Library will be hosting a book fair at the Glastonbury Barnes and Noble on Sunday December 2, 2018 from 9 am to 9 pm. Come shop at the event, mention Bacon Academy at the register and the library will earn a percentage of the sales. Staff and students will be there showcasing their talents. We are looking forward to another great event!
- Sleigh Bells Craft Fair at Bacon Academy 12/1/18: Saturday, DECEMBER 1st from 9:00am to 3:00pm ...a perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There are over 65 vendors ,food, and fun! The booth fees have generated funds that will be supporting our unified art and art department!
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards: Our CPS ID# for Stop & Shop A+ Rewards in 05879! Register your card if you have not done so in previous years and earn points for our schools. Click here for the letter and information.
Last Digital Backpack