WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
May 25, 2018
- Alpha and Sigma students have been working on an inquiry research project about a U.S. president (or presidents) of their choice! They have been asking lots of questions, taking lots of notes and have been learning all about their chosen topic. You and your students are hereby cordially invited to see our students share the results of their work with you. This year's "Hall of Presidents" will take place in Eva's and Marcy's classrooms on May 25th during the following times: 7:40-8:20, 8:35-9:13, 10:20-11:00, 11:15-11:52am. Please let us know if you are planning on visiting us on either of those days. By emailing Mrs. White at email@example.com or Mrs. Lavoie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Empty Bowls Thank You and announcement: Click here for the Empty Bowls thank you and wrap up of our WJJMS yearly event~
- Memorial Day Marching Band information and permission form: Click here to see all of the details about the Memorial Day Parade!
- Be a part of Bacon’s Art Program! Come and see what students can do and accomplish at Bacon Academy in the Art Program: Click here for the Visual Arts Show flier on May 31, 2018!
- WJ computer teacher, Kelli Cauffman, is one of this year's CECA Award recipients for the Community Mobile App project. She will be attending an awards dinner in June, and has also been asked to present at their conference on October 22, 2018. Congratulations, Mrs. Cauffman!
- Promotion Picnic/t-shirt/volunteer form: Click https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044aafab2aa5fc1-8thgrade for the promotion picnic form again inclusive of a live link for volunteering on the last day of school or if you have not yet turned in your form.
- The Watershed Parent visit day is June 15th! Parents and caregivers, look for an email from your student’s Science teacher.
- CYB Summer Basketball Camp: Bacon Academy student athletes, Luke Sanford and Kellie Nudd, will be visiting lunch waves soon to talk about basketball. The CYB Summer Basketball program, led by Coach Fennel will be held from June 26-29th.
- Grade 8 Students-Bacon Academy Football Information: Interested in playing football at Bacon next year? Send Coach Dave Mason an email with the following information: Student’s full name, positions they play, height & weight, cell phone number (if they have one), Parents/Guardians full names and contact phone number to email@example.com. Coach Mason will send out information about the summer and upcoming season after he receives your email.
- The Puma Press: Click here to see the first edition of student created Puma Press! Please congratulate the following students for bringing this to reality: Lily Litwinko, Managing Editor, Vivian Lubinsky, Associate Editor, Contributors Mahra Sehl, Carson Brown, Luke Grimord, Brooke Vivero, Sophia Goodine, Shayla Babcock and Sarah Lynch. Also, see the QR Code on the back of the Puma Press to check out the reality game “Teacher’s Pet!”
- June Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Click here for the PumaNews Version 7&8!
- 8th Grade Promotion Program Cover Contest: 8th grade students are invited to design the cover for the Promotion Program. The cover design should be created in blue or black ink on a 4.25” x 5.5”portrait sheet of white paper. Click here!
- Want to design Next year’s WJJMS AGENDA COVER? This contest is open to grades 6-8! Click here for details.
- Another Omega student, Chloe Alfieri, wanted to help people in the world who lack clean drinking water and set up a page on CharityWater.org pledging her birthday money. Her goal was $250 and after 8 days, her site has raised over $1200.00. Click on the link below! Funds may be raised for 60 days! https://my.charitywater.org/chloe-alfieri/clean-water-for-all
- will also be yearbook signing and a station set up for students to take selfies with friends.
- Interested in a summer Volleyball Camp in Coventry the week of July 9th? Girls from grade 8 - 12 are welcome. Click here!
- Promotion Information: Promotion is fast approaching. Details here.
- Bobcat Summer Basketball Camp: CYB and Coach Fennell summer Bobcat Basketball Camp for boys and girls. Click here for flier with details.
- Board of Education Meeting: Monday, June 11th at Bacon Academy in the Media Center at 7:00pm.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting).
- Summer Meals are free, nutritious, meals and snacks that are provided to kids and teens, 18 yrs. old and younger, throughout the summer. Location sites will be available in June. Call 211 or text CTmeals to 877877 or visit www.CTSummerMeals.org
- Education Budget Information: School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall (Pending 6/5/18 Town Meeting). The Education Budget documents are linked here.
- School and Town Budget Referendum: June 19, 2018 6AM-8PM at the Town Hall.
- UCFS Mental Health Awareness Information: Click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Boy Scout Troop 13 is seeking donations for its booth at the Tag Sale on the Green to be held Sunday, June 10, 2018. Seeking toys, books, holiday decorations, kitchen items, small household items, but no clothes, TVs, or electronics please. Support Scouting. Call Julie at (860) 215-5419 to arrange pick up or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2018 Bacon Academy Visual Art Exhibition: Bacon Academy AP Studio Art Seniors will be the focus at the art show, as they will have individualized displays! When: May 31, 2018 Where: Bacon Academy lobby Time: 5pm-6pm.
- Kid’s Consignment June 8th-10th Hosted by the Mom’s Club of Colchester: Click here for details.
- Soccer Club deadline for registration in the Recreation League is May 31st: The fall season runs from mid-August through October and is open to players from PreK – 12th grade. Register on-time to avoid a $40 late fee. Please visit colchestersoccer.org for additional information and registration.
- Colchester Federated Church Music Fundraiser: “The Backseat Boogie Boys” will perform on Sunday June 3rd at 3pm. Click here for details.
- Save the Date for the Bacon Athletic’s Golf Event: August 3, 2018. Click here for details. The funds raised are distributed to the BA Athletic sports teams participating in the event.
- Colchester Summer Camp Calendar: Click here for the day camp calendar of events!
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fun season of football and cheerleading: To learn more about the program and registration information click here for flier with details.
- Colchester Summer Trips (Online) Registration is May: Click here for information and here for the calendar of trips.
- Eastern CT Soccer Camp: Click here for camp details.
- CASTLE offers summer programs for children entering Kindergarten through grade 8. Click here for more details.
- Parent Support Program for Children with Anxiety or Depression: Details here.
- For Parents of Children of All Ages – Click here for details.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Cub Scout Pack 13 Events: Save the dates! Ice Cream Social, Friday, August 24th at 6pm and Joining Night Friday, September 14th at 6pm. Both events will be at St. Andrew's Parish hall.
Last Digital Backpack