JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
March 9, 2018
- Lost & Found: Please ask your child to check the lost & found for personal items. All unclaimed items will be donated at the end of the marking period.
- JJIS March/Principal’s Chat. Click here.
- JJIS PTO March Newsletter! Click here.
- Grade 4 Students to perform Math Tales Shadow Puppet Plays! March 27, 2018 Click here for more information.
- March Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Parent/Student Note To School: Click here.
- The Flu - A guide for parents: Click here.
- Gr. 5 Panoramic Picture/March 26, 2018: Please send in order envelopes.
- 2018-2019 Parent Placement Request Info. Click here.
- What’s on Your Mind? Click here.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at Bacon Academy.
- Are you interested in opening your heart and home to a child in need? Did you know there are over 4,500 children in foster care without a home? Please see the attached flier and find out how you can help!
- Colchester Behavioral Health Center: Offering individual and group counseling to adults, children and families. The Colchester offers many groups for women, men and teens covering a wide array of topics, such as substance abuse, mindfulness, teenage issues, as well as many more. For more information please call 860-537-7676. Click here for flier.
- Free Concert, Sunday March 11th: Classical Colchester, at the Bacon Academy Auditorium from 3pm-4pm. Colchester Civic Orchestra and Choir invites you to come hear a performance of classical favorites, including an incredible Madame Butterfly solo performance with orchestral accompaniment. Meet the musicians and enjoy light refreshments afterward!
- Book & Bake Sale March 9-11 at Cragin Memorial Library: Friday Preview 4-7 pm,* Saturday 10 am-4 pm, Sunday 10 am-2 pm. *$5 admission fee for preview.
- Colchester Youth & Social Services: Upcoming programs and events: Click here to view.
- Parents/Students! Community Conversation- Screenagers, March 14th: Parents and their children are welcome to join CYSS on Wednesday, March 14th in the Bacon Academy Auditorium from 6-8pm for a presentation of the film Screenagers: Growing up in the Digital Age. Pizza will be served at 5:45pm and childcare is available for kids under 10 with advanced registration only. Flier here.
- Community Wellness Fair- March 25th: Join Colchester Youth and Social Services and the Colchester Farmers Market on Sunday, March 25th from 10am -2pm at Colchester Elementary School, as they promote wellness in our community. Come out to this free event to keep Colchester and our surrounding communities healthy! Click here for flier.
- Narcan Training: A community Narcan training session will be available from 12-1pm at the Community wellness Fair at CES on Sunday, March 25th. Click here for flier.
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: For Kids Events click here and Teen Events click here.
- Cragin’s National Library Week Programs: The celebration happens Monday April 9th thru Saturday April 14th. This year makes the 60th anniversary of the first event, sponsored in 1958. Click here for Cragin’s programs.
- TVCCA Early Head Start and Head Start programs are federally funded comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to five, pregnant women, and their families. In Colchester, services are offered in a Colchester Elementary preschool classroom and through an infant/toddler home visitation option. Click here for details.
- Cragin Teen Programs: MARCH programs here.
- Cragin Kids Programs: MARCH programs here.
Last Week's Digital Backpack