JJIS 215 Halls Hill Rd, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-9421
January 11, 2018
Early Dismissal! As we approach winter and it's cold, blustery weather, we ask that you discuss and remind your child where he/she should go in the event school is dismissed early due to inclement weather.
REMINDER: We ask that you continue to remind your child to dress appropriately for inclement weather, i.e., hats, gloves and coats to school during the winter months as students will continue to go outdoors for recess and PE classes.
Digital Learning Day! Once again, JJIS will be holding the Digital Learning Day on February 28, 2019 from 5 to 7 PM. All are invited to this FREE event. For more information and to sign up, please click here.
Safety First: Please click here for student drop-off/pick-up safety reminders.
- Safety First: Please click here for safety reminders from the Colchester Fire & Emergency Medical Services.
Girls on the Run offered once again! The Season begins the week of Feb. 25th and ends with the Girls On The Run 5k on Saturday, May 18, 2019. All meetings are held at JJIS on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00. Click here for more information.
Birthday Book Club! Students are invited to participate in the JJIS Birthday Book Club. Please click here for more details!
- Colchester Invention Convention! Once again, students will have the opportunity to creating their own invention. Student workshops will be held in January with the actual Convention being held here at JJIS on March 14, 2019. Please click here for more details.
- JJIS YEARBOOK! Order your yearbook online today! JJIS Code #13226919. Click here for website order form. https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectStudent?isAdvertisementOnly=False
- JJIS YEARBOOK (hard copy) order forms given to all students. Copies are available in the office as well.
- A Note To School. Click here for your copy!
The National Missing Children’s Day Poster Contest is a nationwide contest designed to promote awareness among teachers, parents/guardians and children and engage them in discussions about safety. If your child is interested in participating in this contest, please click here for more details.
- Colchester Youth Services Program for 4th Graders: A group for 4th graders to discover their own superpower, the power of being themselves! The group will work on self-esteem and take part in skill-building activities and fun games! Group members will be picked up from Parent Pick-Up at JJIS and transported in the Youth Services' van to the Youth Center, located at 40 Norwich Avenue. This group will run from 3pm until 4:15pm and pick up will be at the Youth Center. Click here for details.
Flu Season: As you are aware, the flu season is upon us. Clear here for important information.
- Colchester Public Schools New Mission Statement:
~We create innovative thinkers for a dynamic world~
Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at the WJJMS at 7:00pm.
- Colchester Public School January calendar of events here. Community welcome!
- Family Game Night Friday, January 25th 5:30-7:30 at the Town Hall: Click here for details.
- Paint Night to Fight Hunger at WJJMS: Wednesday, January 30th 6pm-8pm. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth Services: Click here for list of programs and events.
- Are you interested in playing lacrosse? Click here for details.
- Cragin Program for Grades 6-8: Middle School GSA Friday, January 18th from 2:30pm-3:30pm. Click here for flyer.
- Teen Program at Cragin:Cereal Pancakes on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 3:00pm.
- 9th Annual Freezin for a Reason: Click here for details. 9th Annual Freezin' for a Reason: Starting on Friday, February 8th to Sunday, February 10th Officer Rob Suchecki, Fire Chief Walt Cox, Greg Cordova and Fred Brown are camping on the Town Green to raise money for the Colchester Fuel Bank. Come down to the Green to say hi and donate money for the Fuel Bank. Or donate online with Pay Pal using email@example.com/freezinforareason
- Girl Scouts of America- Dancing Under the Stars: February 16, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm at the St. Andrew Parish Hall. Click here for ticket information and details.
- Soccer: The Colchester Soccer Club's Annual Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:00pm at Town Hall. All Members are welcome to attend. The following open 2019 Executive Board Positions will be filled at this meeting: Vice-President of Recreation League, Registrar, Webmaster and Member-at-Large. Any interested candidates should please contact Tim Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 11th.
- People Empowering People (PEP) starts Wednesdays beginning January 16th from 9:00-11:00am: People Empowering People is a personal, family and leadership development program for parents. Over the course of ten weekly sessions, parents will strengthen their “toolbox” by engaging in learning and discussion on the following topics: Click here for flier.
- January Cragin Library Programs: Kids programs here and Teens programs here.
- January Program information from Parks and Recreation: Click here for list of programs.
- Lacrosse: Colchester Youth Lacrosse Registration for the Spring 2019 season . Please click here for details. CYL Registrar at email@example.com.
Last Week's Digital Backpack