CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester, CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
November 8, 2019
- News from the Nest for November: Click here.
- CES Music Room Fall 2019 brochure attached here to and Integrated arts here.
- Veterans Day Family Invitation - November 8: Click here for details.
- No School -Monday, November 11, 2019 - Veterans Day
- Reading at Home- Ways to Help Children Build A Reading Life Outside of School: Click here.
- Blanket Drive October 28 to December 20th: Click Here
- Colchester Youth Basketball (CYB): Online registration for recreational basketball is open. Recreation leagues 3rd-12th grade boys and girls in addition to Clinics for 1st and 2nd graders. Leagues will begin in Mid November. Clinics on the 1st Saturday in January. Parents please indicate at registration if you would like to be considered as a coach or for other volunteer roles. If you have any questions please contact CYB at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit http://www.colchesterbasketball.org to register (click on available programs) . For further and updated info https://www.facebook.com/ColchesterYouthBasketball/.
- Message from Superintendent Jeffrey Burt: In preparation of the winter season: Click here for letter.
- Dear Parent/Caregiver: Is your child protected by health insurance? If not, your school and the State of Connecticut want to help. Connecticut’s HUSKY Health program, for example, pays for doctor visits (including physical exams), prescriptions, emergency care, vision and dental care, mental healthcare, special healthcare needs and more. Open Enrollment period (November 1, 2019 - December 15, 2019) to get healthcare coverage through Access Health CT. Click here for flyer with details.
- Waterford Country School Foster Care: Be a part of someone's childhood memories. Click here for flyer with details.
- Blanket Drive: Bacon students Emory Francis and Amy Collins are holding a Blanket Drive as part of their Civic Action Portfolio from OCTOBER 28 - DECEMBER 20. HELP US KEEP THE LESS FORTUNATE WARM THIS WINTER! Blankets of all sizes are needed, along with gently used and new. All donations are going to the New London Homeless Hospitality Center and Covenant Shelter of New London. Click here for flyer.
- Bacon Academy Student Organizes Holiday Food Drive: Bacon Academy senior Jamie Lombardi is running a non perishable holiday canned/boxed food drive from November 4th-30th to benefit the Colchester Food Bank. Focus is on Thanksgiving and Holiday meal items, but all donations are appreciated!! “Food drive” boxes will be placed in each of the schools so everyone in the community can help! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email: email@example.com
- November Programs for attached here for Children at Cragin Memorial Library
- November Programs for attached here for Teens at Cragin Memorial Library
- 11/10/19: ARTOPIA Arts Festival in East Hampton November 10th from 1pm-4pm: Epoch Arts will be showcasing student artwork from neighboring towns. Click here for flyer with details.
- 11/23/19: Colchester Senior Center Holiday Open House: Saturday, November 23 from 9am-1pm. Click here for flyer.
- 12/5/19: CASTLE is hosting a Winter Wonderland event Thursday, December 5th from 6pm-7pm. Click here for event details.
- 12/7/19: Save the Date! Sleigh Bells Fair at Bacon Academy from 9am-3pm: A perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There will be over 65 vendors, along with food,and fun!!! Booth fees generate funds supporting the BA Art Department!!!
- 12/7/19: Holiday Homecoming! Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:30pm on the Colchester Town Green. Click here for details.
- UCFS Fall News: Click here for flier with details.
- Smarter Appliance has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser! A portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance between NOW-Dec.31 will be donated to Project Grad. When making your next purchase, make sure to bring the letter linked here: http://www.baconacademyprojectgrad.org/content/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Smarter-Appliance-flyer.pdf
- Colchester Youth Wrestling Sign-ups: Please visit https://www.colchesterwildcats.org/ to sign up. The 2019 Season will begin at JJIS on Nov 19th at 6pm for all boys and girls 1st through 8th grade from Colchester and surrounding towns.
Last Week's Digital Backpack