CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
April 13, 2018
- No School/April Recess Reminder: April Recess is April 16th-20th.
- Congratulations to our CES Educators that were announced on April 5, 2018 that they are Fund for Teacher Fellows! Lori Drube, Erin Hermann, Anne Lemke, and Barbara Stiles
- Tecton Architects’ Visit to Mrs. Cannata’s Class: Our first graders in Mrs. Cannata’s class were visited by an architect who is with the firm behind WJJMS’ building project. Click here to see our student learning about the building process and looking over floor plans as part of our Innovation Nation.
- CES PTO Staff Appreciation Luncheon on Friday, May 4th: CES PTO will be holding a Staff Appreciation luncheon on Friday, May 4th. Please click here to see how you can get involved whether it is through bringing in food, volunteering or donating to the event.
- Last Call for Square 1 Art Orders: The last day you can order Square 1 Art products online is April 17th. Your orders will still be received by Mother’s Day! Don’t miss out on the chance to celebrate your child’s artistic achievement by ordering a timeless keepsake to cherish for years to come! If you have any questions please contact Ashley - firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for supporting the PTO.
- CES PTO KidStuff Coupon Books: Coupon Books 2017-18 editions for ONLY $15! Click here for details.
- April News from the Nest Newsletter: Click here for our April newsletter
- Parent Input Form: Student placement is a team decision based on student academic performance and needs, behavior, teacher style, service needs, and classroom designs. Form with details here.
- No School/April Recess Reminder: April 16th-20th
Congratulations to our Colchester Public School Educators that were announced on April 5, 2018 that they are Fund for Teacher Fellows! Bacon Academy: Kristie Blanchard, Elizabeth Simison, Peggy Smigel, Christine Troup, David Williams and CES Teachers: Lori Drube, Erin Hermann, Anne Lemke, Barbara Stiles
- Colchester Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at Bacon Academy in the Media Center at 7:00pm.
- Education Budget Information: Click on the link to view the Education Budget documents https://www.colchesterct.org/page.cfm?p=28
- Empty Bowls Night of the Arts, etc: Click here for the Empty Bowls Night of the Arts flier and all of the details! Soup, bread, handcrafted ceramic bowls, student art show, jazz band & choir performances, Digital Media exhibits, the Vendor Fair and the Scholastic Buy One/Get One book fair.
- Heroin Addiction -Community Conversation Series will focus on the ever growing problem of heroin addiction. In an effort to combat the growing epidemic of prescription drug and heroin abuse, the FBI and DEA have released "Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict," a documentary aimed at educating students, young adults, and the community at large about the dangers of addiction. Click here for flier.
- Colchester Summer Trips (Online) Registration is May : Click here for information and here for the calendar of trips.
- Colchester Parks and Recreation CIT 4/24/18: Click here for details and
- Day Camp and Kinder Camp Open House April 27th: Click here for details.
- Football Camp Fundraiser: A local band, Johnny & the Xs, will be performing at the Polish Club on April 27th to benefit the Bacon Academy Summer Football Camp. Click here for more information.
- Colchester Soccer Club: Online registration for the Colchester Soccer Club fall season is now open. The fall season runs from mid-August through October. The deadline to register for Travel League Tryouts is May 4th. The Travel League is for players in the U9-U14 divisions. Tryouts will be held on Sunday, May 6th and Sunday, May 20th. The deadline for registration in the Recreation League is May 31st. Register on-time to avoid a $40 late fee. The Recreation League is open to players from PreK – 12th grade. Please visit colchestersoccer.org for additional information and registration.
- Spring Tag Sale-Bargains Galore! The Colchester Federated Church will hold a Spring Tag Sale Friday, April 27 from 3pm-7:00pm and Saturday April 28 from 9:00am-2pm in the church at 60 Main. Toys, home and garden, vintage items, name your own price room. Everything priced to sell. Inside – rain or shine. For more information call Avis Hull 860 537-2094 or 860 537-5189.
- CASTLE Programs: Click here for CASTLE program information.
- Parent Support Program for Children with Anxiety or Depression: Details here.
- For Parents of Children of All Ages – Click here for details.
- Colchester's School Resilience Program: Click here for details.
- Colchester Police Union Event: Will be held on Saturday, May 12th at 5pm at JJIS.
- Spring Clean-Up is now Saturday April 21st ! Click here for details.
- Calling all musicians!!! “Colchester Beats Hunger” is looking for performers to join in on a night of music to raise money for The Colchester Food Bank and “Food for the Poor” (Food for The Poor Supports People of 3rd World Countries). If you can sing or play an instrument then we need you! Registrations are due by April 25, 2018. Perform alone or grab some friends and come make an impact on the lives of others. Calling all non-musicians!! Come and listen to all the performers on May 5, 2018. Doors open at 4:45pm for pizza and the show begins at 5:30pm. Click here for a flyer with more details.
- 04-14-18: Fire Dept. Annual Fisherman & Family Breakfast:Click here for details.
- 04-14-18: BSA Venture Crew Fundraiser Breakfast: Click here for details.
- April Vacation Programs at Cragin Library: For Kids Events click here and Teen Events click here.
- TVCCA Early Head Start and Head Start programs: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack