CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
June 7, 2019
- Shortened Days: The last two days of the school year, June 12 and June 13 are shortened days and dismissal is at 12:55pm. Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful summer!
- Lost & Found: Please check our lost and found bin. All unclaimed items will be donated to a charity over the summer. Thank you!
- Student Information Forms Update: Colchester Public Schools is excited to announce a new online system to streamline enrollment, student information updates and communication while instituting “green” initiatives. Click here for details.
- CES open chair positions for more info click here.
- Parents/Caregivers of Students Entering Kindergarten: Please read the attached form for Transition to Kindergarten.
- Permission for transition card: Click Here
- Bus Policy for Electronics: Click here
- School Calendar for 2019-2010 here.
- CES Fun Day Volunteers Needed: Fun Day is June 10th! Click here for details.
- June News from the Nest: Click here to read!
- June Menus: Lunch Menu and Breakfast Menu
- Grade 2 Parents of Students entering Grade 3 at JJIS: The JJIS PTO needs you! Help us support your child’s school by becoming involved. If you’re interested, please contact Tricia Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Mertz at SaraAnnMertz@gmail.com.
- Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell launched the 2019 Commissioner's Summer Math Challenge Tuesday, May 21, 2019. This year's theme is "A Journey Through Mathematics." The press release for today's launch can be accessed at https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Press-Room/Press-Releases/2019/CSDE-Encourages-Students-to-Join-the-2019-Commissioners-Summer-Math-Challenge and all materials for the challenge are posted at https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Math/Summer-Math-Challenge
- Summer: Share Monday evenings in the summer with CES teachers to hear books read at the Cragin Memorial Library at 6:00. Our amazing PTO provides pizza! The dates are: June 24th, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th.
- Graduation for the Bacon Academy Class of 2019 and the Last Day of School is Thursday, June 13, 2019. Shortened day schedules for June 12th and June 13.
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps- July 8-12 for girls and July 15-19 for boys. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details coming soon!
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- Colchester RecPlex Construction: Colchester Recreation will soon have new playground structures! Construction started Thursday, June 6th, please be patient with us as we work hard to bring you new and improved play areas. While the playground is undergoing these renovations, some areas will be out of service. These areas will be clearly marked. If you have any questions, please call the Recreation Office at (860) 537-7297
- Bike Rodeo June 8th 10am-1pm at the Colchester Town Hall: Community Bike Rodeo sponsored by Pack 109. Please see the attached flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fantastic season of football and cheerleading! Please see our flyer here to learn more about the program and registration information.
- Colchester Youth Services SUMMER Trips! We are ready for another fun-filled Summer here at Youth Services! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, digital backpack, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov). Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860) 537-7255.
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. We are hopeful that community members as well as businesses will help support this event by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle prizes cannot be beat: 1st prize is a $20,000 gift certificate toward the purchase of a vehicle. The winner of the raffle will be responsible for all taxes, title, registration and insurance.
- Food Festival/Corn Hole Tournament/Free Concert: Colchester Recreation will sponsor the annual Food Festival on the Town Green on Saturday, June 15th beginning at 12pm. We have also added a Corn Hole Tournament and a free concert!
- The Food Festival will feature food trucks with many different varieties and foods. Food Trucks such as Munchies, Uncle D’s, Classic Scoop, Cake Batter and Roll, Supreme Hot Dogs, Szabos Seafood, JR”s Lemonade, Oz –n- Bones and Greekin’ Out will be available.The free community concert will feature the “Leaf Jumpers”. To register, or for more information, please go to www.colchesterct.gov (to the Parks and Recreation page), or call the office at (860) 537-7297.
Last Week's Digital Backpack