CES 315 Halls Hill Road, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-0717
June 13, 2019- Last Day of School for 2018-2019!
- Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful summer!
- Summer Food Service Program Information link: https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Nutrition/Summer-Food-Service-Program
- Lost & Found: Please check our lost and found bin. All unclaimed items will be donated to a charity over the summer. Thank you!
- PowerSchool Parent Portal: Colchester Public Schools is excited to announce a new online system to streamline enrollment, student information updates and communication. Parents/caregivers will receive a letter in the mail in the next couple of weeks with directions to access their PowerSchool parent portal and to update their child's information. For additional information you may view the Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms and Ecollect form instructions
- Jump Rope for Heart: CES #1 in the state for the second year in a row!!! for the Kids Heart Challenge formerly the Jump Rope for Heart with a total of $33,389.19. Congratulations Mr. Levine and all the generous supporters!
- School Calendar for 2019-2010 here.
- CES open chair positions for more info click here.
- Parents/Caregivers of Students Entering Kindergarten: Please read the attached form for Transition to Kindergarten.
- Permission for transition card: Click Here
- Bus Policy for Electronics: Click here
- June News from the Nest: Click here to read!
- Grade 2 Parents of Students entering Grade 3 at JJIS: The JJIS PTO needs you! Help us support your child’s school by becoming involved. If you’re interested, please contact Tricia Dean at email@example.com or Sara Mertz at SaraAnnMertz@gmail.com.
- Commissioner's Summer Math Challenge: This year's theme is "A Journey Through Mathematics." https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Press-Room/Press-Releases/2019/CSDE-Encourages-Students-to-Join-the-2019-Commissioners-Summer-Math-Challenge and all materials for the challenge are posted at https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Math/Summer-Math-Challenge
- Summer: Share Monday evenings in the summer with CES teachers to hear books read at the Cragin Memorial Library at 6:00. Our amazing PTO provides pizza! The dates are: June 24th, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Click here for complete schedule.
Free and Reduced-price School Meal Prices 2019-2020
Income Guidelines to Determine Eligibility
Application for Free and Reduced-price School Meals
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Basketball Camp - The Bacon Academy basketball coaches have teamed up to put on two weeks of camps- July 8-12 for girls and July 15-19 for boys. Coaches will work both weeks together with college players. Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm - Details here and registration form here.
- Golf Outing hosted by Bacon Academy Athletics on Friday, August 2, 2019 at Blackledge Country Club, 180 West St., Hebron. 10am shotgun start, scramble format. Includes: 18-holes of golf, driving cart, lunch, dinner raffles and prizes (closest to pin, long drive and putting contest). $125 per golfer/$500 per foursome. Tee sponsorships available. Net proceeds to help fund Bacon Academy Athletics and field maintenance. Register by contacting Rob LaSaracina at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the registration form.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. We are hopeful that community members as well as businesses will help support this event by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle prizes cannot be beat: 1st prize is a $20,000 gift certificate toward the purchase of a vehicle. The winner of the raffle will be responsible for all taxes, title, registration and insurance. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- Colchester RecPlex Construction: Colchester Recreation will soon have new playground structures! Construction started Thursday, June 6th, please be patient with us as we work hard to bring you new and improved play areas. While the playground is undergoing these renovations, some areas will be out of service. These areas will be clearly marked. If you have any questions, please call the Recreation Office at (860) 537-7297
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services SUMMER Trips! We are ready for another fun-filled Summer here at Youth Services! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, digital backpack, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov). Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860) 537-7255.
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
Last Week's Digital Backpack