WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
August 9, 2019 - Summer Digital Backpack
- WJ 2019 - 20 Sports Registration: All Interscholastic Sports, Intramural Basketball as well as Club Cross Country registrations will be done online though the E-Collect Forms tab in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. We anticipate this facet of E-Collect Forms to be set by August 20, 2019. Stay tuned for more communication.
- PowerSchool Accounts & the App: Click here for the directions on how to create a powerschool account along with the app information. If you have yet to create a PowerSchool Account and you need your codes, you may contact Annette in the WJJMS Office at 860 537 2313. It’s imperative to have an account for pertinent student and school information.
- PowerSchool: The PowerSchool Parent & Student Portal is expected to open August 15, 2019. There is much work to be done in scheduling!
- Team Welcome Letters: School supply lists are included on each team’s Welcome Letter which your student will receive approximately two weeks before school begins. Welcome Letters will also be available at www.colchesterct.org shortly.
- Read! Don’t forget, all students need to read at least one book at their level this summer!
- WJ Water bottle policy: Please read our water bottle policy here.
- WJ Cafeteria Prices: Grades K-8 Hot Lunch $3.00, Grades K-8 Breakfast $1.80, Milk $.65 for all grade levels.
- Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards: Click here for the A+ School Rewards link. The program begins Friday, July 26, 2019.
- Updating Student Information: Click here for the School Messenger message about updating your student information by August 15, 2019.
- Club Cross Country: our 2019 - 20 WJ Club Cross Country information is coming soon here.
- Team Orientations: Team Orientation dates and times coming soon here.
- WJ Office Hours: The WJ Summer office hours have ended. The office is now open from 7am - 4pm as it is throughout the school year.
- WJ 2019 - 20 PTO Calendar: Coming soon here.
- WJ 2019 - 20 PTO Meeting dates - 8/21, 9/18, 10/16, 11/20, 1/15, 2/19, 3/18, 4/8, & 5/20
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Click here. This listing is a compilation of each grades’ common items on their supply lists. If you need to be creative, creativity is good! School supply lists are included on each team’s Welcome Letter which your student will receive approximately two weeks before school begins. Welcome Letters will also be available at www.colchesterct.org and the Digital Backpack.
ALL SCHOOLS / DISTRICT INFORMATION:
- Student Information Forms: Please complete your child’s online Student Information Form prior by August 15, 2019. You may access the online form from your home/laptop computer in the PowerSchool parent portal on the left navigation column listed under “Ecollect Forms”. The PowerSchool parent portal link is: https://colchester.powerschool.com/public/home.html and for additional information you may view the Parents Guide to Ecollect Forms and Ecollect form instructions.
- Bus Schedules: M&J Bus schedules will be posted on Friday, August 16.
- Free and Reduced Meal Information: Click here for application form, FAQ's Click here and Income Guidelines here. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) here.
- Summer Office Hours: All Colchester Public Schools and district offices will be open during the summer. Please contact the school office prior to your visit to check on their summer hour schedule.
- Summer Meals Outreach: Questions contact 860-807-2144 or click here for more information. The Colchester Food Bank is available to all Colchester residents by appointment. You do not have to qualify and is available to anyone in need. Call 860-537-7255 to schedule an appointment to pick up items.
- School Year Calendar: Click here to view our 2019-20 school year calendar.
- Does your child have health insurance? If not, please click here for details regarding the Husky Health Insurance.
- Text Message Communication: Are you receiving text messages from our schools? If you haven’t signed up just send a text to 67587 to opt in. Click here for details.
- Bacon Academy and the Colchester Garden Club Fundraiser is August 9, 2019! Click here for details.
- Half Day Hooray Program: In our second year, we are planning more exciting STEAM activities and programs to be held on the scheduled professional development days. Children enrolled in CES or JJIS are welcome to register for one or all 4! Click here for details.
- Colchester Recreation Upcoming Events/Programs here!
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. Take the Ticket Challenge here!
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- Early Childhood Screenings for 3 and 4 year old Colchester children: Click here for more information.
- Bacon Academy's Beginner Bobcat Preschool will be running again next year! Registration begins September 1, 2019 to Colchester resident children ages 3-5! Please email me at email@example.com with any questions and to stay informed! Click here for flyer.
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Youth Services: Summer trip calendar here: For more information call (860) 537-7255 or visit their website (www.colchesterct.gov).
- Looking for preschool and before and or after school care for the fall? CASTLE has openings! (Full-day preschool spots are available now!) Please click here for more information.
Last Digital Backpack