WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
November 22, 2019
- Thanksgiving Recess Schedule: Wednesday, November 27th is a shortened day with dismissal at 11:40am. Thursday and Friday (11/28 and 11/29) No School. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
- JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY Ho Ho HO! Win a Free Baldi Christmas Tree! Donate two containers of peanut butter or jelly, or dog and cat food or treats! The drawing will be held on November 27. Drop off donations to Mrs. Baldi in the Nurse’s Office and receive your ticket to the drawing.
- ERMS & The PTO Surplus Store: The Eastern Region Music Festival will again be held at WJJMS on December 7, and the PTO Surplus Store will be open from 9-3pm.
- Attn: 8th Grade Parents: Safe Futures will once again be coming to WJJMS to teach all 8th-grade students on Pi and Zeta Mu. This will occur during the week of December 2-5th. Safe Futures is a non-profit organization that advocates for those impacted by domestic violence. It provides a teen dating violence prevention program in grades 7-12. This is an evidenced-based program developed to teach children about what a healthy and unhealthy dating relationship looks like and how to protect themselves against violence in their own lives. Watch for a school messenger message shortly for more information.
- Grade 8 students tour Bacon Academy: Zeta Mu goes to Bacon on Monday, November 25 & Pi goes to Bacon on Tuesday, November 26, 2019! Students take their buses directly to Bacon. Walkers may hop on any bus here at WJJMS, and parents that drive their students in may drop them off at Bacon Academy. Students will arrive from Bacon at approximately 9:30am.
- The 30th running of the WJJMS Turkey Trot is next Wednesday, November 27th at 9:00 am. We currently have approximately 100 runners and walkers registered for this event. Please get your permission forms in. Tuesday is the last day to register. There will be no race day registration.
- As an added feature, the Life Skills Broadway Cafe will be selling hot chocolate during the Turkey Trot to participants and spectators. The cost will be $1 for a cup. Please consider supporting the Life Skills Broadway Cafe. The weather forecast calls for temperatures in the 50’s with a slight chance of showers at race time. All runners and spectators, please dress accordingly!
- The PTO Surplus Store: Click here for the Surplus Store flyer to see the dates of operation. Shop great deals on craft supplies and holiday decor while supporting WJ students!
- December Menus: Click here for the WJ Breakfast Menu and here for the WJ Lunch Menu.
- Winter Concert Information: Click here to read the WJJMS Winter Concert set for December 17, 2019 information.
- PTO Surplus Store update: Click here to read about the PTO Surplus Store and see hours of operation.
- WJJMS Interscholastic Basketball: Mandatory Tryouts are Monday and Tuesday until 4pm. The girls will be in Gym West and the boys will be in Gym East. Click here to view the current Interscholastic basketball schedule. Please note - this schedule is subject to change. Watch for updated information in the future Digital Backpacks, see the PowerSchool Bulletin or the calendar at www.colchesterct.org for the most up-to-date information.
- PJ Day for the Kids is December 13th! PJ Day is a way for schools, businesses and organizations to come together to show support for kids fighting cancer at Connecticut Children’s. On PJ Day people all across the state wear PJs in solidarity with patients who have no choice but to wear theirs, as they undergo treatment for prolonged periods of time. Participants are asked to donate $1 or more in exchange for this privilege. Click here for details. If you would like to make an online donation please go http://give.connecticutchildrens.org/site/TR/CommunityEvent/General?pg=team&fr_id=1250&team_id=2584
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- District School Calendar for 2020-2021 with built in snow days: Click here to view.
- Message from Superintendent Jeffrey Burt: In preparation of the winter season: Click here for letter.
- Smarter Appliance has teamed up with Project Grad for a fundraiser! A portion of purchases made at Smarter Appliance now through-Dec.31 will be donated to Project Grad. When making your next purchase, make sure to bring the letter linked here: Click here for Project Grad and here for Smarter-Appliance flyer.
- December Programs for attached here for Children at Cragin Memorial Library
- December Programs for attached here for Teens at Cragin Memorial Library
- 11/23/19: Colchester Senior Center Holiday Open House: Saturday, November 23 from 9am-1pm. Click here for flyer.
- 11/25/19: Powderpuff Football: Come cheer on the Juniors vs. the Seniors on Monday, November 25th at 6:00pm in the annual Powderpuff Football Game! They will be playing under the lights at the Recplex R8 (Cougar Field). Admission is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. The concession stand will also be open for drinks and snacks.
- 12/5/19: CASTLE is hosting a Winter Wonderland event Thursday, December 5th from 6pm-7pm. Click here for event details.
- 12/7/19: FUN RUN! Click here for details
- 12/7/19: Girl Scouts Annual Coat Drive/Pet Drive/Food Drive: Saturday, December 7th at St. Andrew church from 10am-1:pm. Click here for flyer.
- 12/7/19: Save the Date! Sleigh Bells Fair at Bacon Academy from 9am-3pm: A perfect shopping opportunity with unique items. There will be over 65 vendors, along with food,and fun!!! Booth fees generate funds supporting the BA Art Department!!!
- 12/7/19: Holiday Homecoming! Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:30pm on the Colchester Town Green. Click here for details and here for the neighborhood route!
- Bacon Academy Book Fair: Save the date (12/8/19)! The BA LMC will be hosting a book fair at the Glastonbury Barnes and Noble on Sunday, December 8th from 9am-8pm. Come shop at the event, mention Bacon Academy at the register and the library will earn a percentage of the sales. Staff and students will be there showcasing their talents. We are looking forward to another great event!!
- 2/7/20: SAVE THE DATE! Prom Night for students with special needs: Night to Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Register early as space is limited! Register here: https://cthope.com/events Will be held at East Hampton Midle School. Click here for flyer with details.
- UCFS Fall News: Click here for flier with details.
- Blanket Drive: Now through Dec. 20. HELP US KEEP THE LESS FORTUNATE WARM THIS WINTER! Blankets of all sizes are needed, along with gently used and new. All donations are going to the New London Homeless Hospitality Center and Covenant Shelter of New London. Click here for flyer.
- Waterford Country School Foster Care: Be a part of someone's childhood memories. Click here for flyer with details.
- Colchester Public Schools are invited to wear their pajamas to school (12/13/19) in honor of kids battling cancer at Connecticut Children’s. Make an optional donation of $1 or more payable to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center Foundation and wear your PJs! All proceeds benefit the Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders at Connecticut Children’s. For more information and to locate your team/school online to make a gift, visit: here. Click here for flyer.
- Connecticut Humane Society Community Outreach Department Information: Preventing Dog Bites flyer here and Pet Programs here.
Last Digital Backpack