WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
January 11, 2018
- Please consider joining us for Paint Night on January 30th from 6-8pm! Help us fight hunger and support our Empty Bowls Night of the Arts fundraiser by painting birch trees at our new WJJMS Art Room~ Click here for the flyer.
- PumaNews V4: Click here for the latest PumaNews!
- Homework Clubs start next week! Get the permission forms in! Click here for the club information and here for the permission form.
- CCMS Thank you letter: CCMC sent us a thank you letter for our part in raising over $1,000.00 for children’s medical research. We so thank you, Kathy Lawrence, for leading this fundraiser, and for our WJJMS community. Click here to view the letter.
- ATTN 8th Grade Parents: It is time to place your child’s grad ad. There ads are very memorable to the students and many look forward to seeing one from their loved ones. The ad is done completely online. The deadline is February 1st. Attached is a sample form with directions. Click here for the Grad Ad flyer.
- Amazing presentation by explorers and divers who discovered the 1811 USS Revenege wreckage: Thanks, Mr. Harger & Mr. Buffum! They presented to each grade, sharing their 50 collective years of diving experience locally and around the world. They continue to work with the US Navy History and Heritage Command on the site’s mapping and excavation process. Click here to see the photos.
- Permission form to stay after and watch a basketball game: Be a fan! Click here for the form.
- GEO Bee News: WJJMS School Finals will be held in the Black Box Theatre during Flex Friday workshop, January 11th, moderated by Ryan Hanrahan of NBC Connecticut!
- The PTO is beginning a new fundraiser, Square One Art: See Ms. Taylor for special art paper to create your original artwork or attach previously created art by February 1st! Contact Sara Mertz at email@example.com with any questions and click here for the flyer.
- Peace Poster Update: The Colchester Lions Club presented an award to Jalyn Collins for her peace poster submission on Wednesday the 9th at 7pm at the Lions meeting, held at St.Joseph Polish Club.
- Registration for Boys and Girls Intramural Basketball is open at FAMILY ID. It will start on February 5 and run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4pm. No physical is required. The cost is $40 and is due prior to participation. Checks should be made payable to WJJMS Athletics. Registration will close on midnight February 15.
- Postural screenings: Dear Parents of 7th & 8th Grade Boys and Girls click here for more information.
- Look ahead to Empty Bowls Night of the Arts & Mother’s Day Vendor Fair! Click here for the flyer and here for the Vendor Event application. The date is set for May 10, 2019.
- WJ BASKETBALL: GAME UPDATE due to the winter concert: On January 22, the girls will be going to Rocky Hill and the boys will be home against Rocky Hill. Permission form to watch basketball games:
- Hartford Wolf Pack Trip: Attn students in grades 6-12: Join Youth Services on a trip to see the Hartford Wolf Pack hockey team play against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Friday, January 18th. Dinner at Chili’s is included. This trip runs from 5 pm-10 pm and pick-up and drop-off are at the Town Hall. Registration fee is $28.00.
- Sky's the Limit- February 19, 2019: Colchester students in grades 6-8 are invited to join us for 1.5 hours of jumping at Launch Trampoline Park in Hartford followed by a buffet lunch and a $20 Power Card for the arcade at Dave and Buster's in Manchester. There is no better way to spend a day off from school! This program runs from 9am-4pm. Pick up and Drop off will be at the Town Hall. Registration fee is $48.
- Colchester Public Schools New Mission Statement:
~We create innovative thinkers for a dynamic world~
Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at the WJJMS at 7:00pm.
- Colchester Public School January calendar of events here. Community welcome!
- Family Game Night Friday, January 25th 5:30-7:30 at the Town Hall: Click here for details.
- Paint Night to Fight Hunger at WJJMS: Wednesday, January 30th 6pm-8pm. Click here for details.
- Colchester Youth Services: Click here for list of programs and events.
- Are you interested in playing lacrosse? Click here for details.
- Cragin Program for Grades 6-8: Middle School GSA Friday, January 18th from 2:30pm-3:30pm. Click here for flyer.
- Teen Program at Cragin:Cereal Pancakes on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 3:00pm.
- 9th Annual Freezin for a Reason: Starting on Friday, February 8th to Sunday, February 10th Officer Rob Suchecki, Fire Chief Walt Cox, Greg Cordova and Fred Brown are camping on the Town Green to raise money for the Colchester Fuel Bank. Come down to the Green to say hi and donate money for the Fuel Bank. Or donate online with Pay Pal using firstname.lastname@example.org/freezinforareason
- Girl Scouts of America- Dancing Under the Stars: February 16, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm at the St. Andrew Parish Hall. Click here for ticket information and details.
- Soccer: The Colchester Soccer Club's Annual Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:00pm at Town Hall. All Members are welcome to attend. The following open 2019 Executive Board Positions will be filled at this meeting: Vice-President of Recreation League, Registrar, Webmaster and Member-at-Large. Any interested candidates should please contact Tim Daniels at email@example.com by Friday, January 11th.
- People Empowering People (PEP) starts Wednesdays beginning January 16th from 9:00-11:00am: People Empowering People is a personal, family and leadership development program for parents. Over the course of ten weekly sessions, parents will strengthen their “toolbox” by engaging in learning and discussion on the following topics: Click here for flier.
- January Cragin Library Programs: Kids programs here and Teens programs here.
- January Program information from Parks and Recreation: Click here for list of programs.
- Lacrosse: Colchester Youth Lacrosse Registration for the Spring 2019 season . Please click here for details. CYL Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Digital Backpack