WJJMS 360 Norwich Avenue, Colchester CT 06415 Telephone: (860) 537-2313
May 17, 2019
- WJJMS Spring Concerts are next week! WJJMS Band concert Tuesday, May 21st at 7pm at Bacon Academy (students arrive at 6:40) WJJMS Choral concert Wednesday, May 22nd at 7pm at Bacon Academy (students arrive at 6:30). Dress Code: All students are asked to wear black and white for the concert in May. Black dress pants, white dress shirt, tie (any color), black dress shoes. Long black skirts or black dress pants, black tights, white blouse, black dress shoes. All skirts must be knee length or longer, all shirts must have sleeves, no halter, or strapless. Please no jeans, T-shirts or sneakers. We have some clothes that have been donated from previous students. Please do not hesitate to ask if they have grown out of something!
- 8th Grade Promotion Information: Click here for the Promotion page at www.colchesterct.org!
- 8th grade students are invited to design the cover for their Promotion Program:The cover design should be created in black ink on a 4.25” x 5.5” sheet of white paper. This year's Promotion Program cover contest submissions are due by May 31, 2019.
- 8th Graders: Bacon Academy Cheerleading Tryouts will be on June 4th & 6th from 3pm-5pm in the BA Gym. Please arrive early wearing athletic clothing and sneakers. Bring in a note from your parent in order to get a bus pass to Bacon for the tryouts. There will be a parent informational meeting at 5pm on June 4th. Please contact Allie Fryer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! Click here for the flier.
- Dear WJJMS Band Students & Parents: Summer is the perfect time to put extra effort into a musical instrument. Music camps or private music lessons are also a great way to improve your musical abilities.
- Do you want us to bring back Youth Services Summer Kickoff?! This is an amazing event that provides a safe, supervised, FUN place for kids in grades 5-8 to go after school on the last day. We will have food, inflatables, DJ, dunk tank, and more! The catch is that we need a commitment from at least 30 adult volunteers to help us run it from 11:30am- 3:00pm on June 13th. If you are interested in being a part of the BEST DAY EVER, message us on Facebook or email us at email@example.com.
- Chromebook Collection: Student Chromebooks will be collected the first full week of June. A letter will be sent home to all parents/guardians sharing the collection week and what will be collected. Students will return the Chromebook, case, and charger. The Chromebook Collection Dates are as follows: 6th: June 3 and 4, 7th: June 4 and 5, 8th: June 6 and 7.
- May 29 - Annual Town meeting - Any town citizen can make suggested changes to either the Board of Education or Town Budgets and vote is taken that night on any changes, the resulting budget is moved forward to the referendum date of June 11th.
- Board of Education Meeting: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 7:00pm at William J. Johnston Middle School. Community welcome!
- Colchester Beats Hunger (May 18th 6pm): Invites you to enjoy a night of music to raise money for the Colchester Food Bank and Food for the Poor on May 18th at 6pm at St. Andrews Church Hall. This concert fundraiser will feature performers like Frankie Justin, Kim Lewis, and Senior Moments. Try to win prizes such as Yard Goat tickets, New York Yankee Tickets, Quarry Ridge Golf Course gift certificate, WolfPack Tickets, Inishmor gift certificate, Noels Gift Certificate, tickets to Mystic Aquarium and many more wonderful prizes. Tickets($10) will be sold at the door for the concert. Let’s make an impact on the lives of others together!
- UCFS Healthcare Programs: Click here for view flyer with programs.
- Colchester Lions Carnival 2019 will kick off Wednesday May 29th and run through Saturday June 1st. Discount ride vouchers for bracelets only are available now at Coneheads Ice Cream, Dime Bank, Noel's Market & Westchester Marketplace all located in Colchester for $22 CASH ONLY!!! Any question please email ColchesterLionsCarvinal@gmail.com
- Come join the Colchester Cougars for a fantastic season of football and cheerleading! Please see our flyer here to learn more about the program and registration information.
- Colchester Youth Services SUMMER Trips! We are ready for another fun-filled Summer here at Youth Services! The Summer trip calendar has been released and copies can be found in our office in the Town Hall, on Facebook, digital backpack, and our website (www.colchesterct.gov). Feel free to contact us with any questions at (860) 537-7255.
- Trivia Night and Silent Auction-CASTLE is hosting a Trivia Night and Silent Auction on Friday May 31st from 6-9 at the St Joseph’s Polish Club. What Trivia will be there to host all the fun and there have been many items donated by local businesses for our silent auction and raffles. It should be a great evening of fun! Please click here for ticket info.
- Celebrate Colchester! - 57 Fest: Click here for details.
- The Demarcus S. White Memorial dedication service will take place on Tuesday, June 4 at 5:00 p.m. at the Colchester Elementary School. The memorial was created and named for a kindergarten student who passed away in February 2018 as a result of complications from the flu. The library-based memorial, utilizing the talents of local artists, will both celebrate DeMarcus’ unique passions and spirit and provide needed resources for the school library. The event is open to the public.
- Colchester Soccer Club News: There’s still time to register for Travel League Tryouts! The first session is this Sunday, 5/19. We are especially interested in additional players for the Girls U14/U15, U12, and U9 age divisions. There is no fee associated with signing up for tryouts. Please visit www.colchestersoccer.org for more information and registration. Recreation League registration is open until May 31st. New this year is our Rec Summer Camp taking place from August 19th – 23rd. This camp will run from 9:00am to 12:00pm, and be coached by our professional coaches from Evolution Soccer. We will have 6 coaches running the camp and are limiting enrollment to 90 applicants between the ages of 6-17. Camp cost is $65.00. Registration is available online at www.colchestersoccer.org. CSC is seeking a Divisional Coordinator for the 3rd/4th grade Recreation League. This position needs to be filled before the Rec season can begin! Please contact Tim with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Raffle Tickets: Colchester Recreation will be selling raffle tickets to fund the largest annual event in Colchester- the “Celebrate Colchester-57 Fest”. We are hopeful that community members as well as businesses will help support this event by purchasing a raffle ticket. The raffle prizes cannot be beat: 1st prize is a $20,000 gift certificate toward the purchase of a vehicle. The winner of the raffle will be responsible for all taxes, title, registration and insurance.
- Food Festival/Corn Hole Tournament/Free Concert: Colchester Recreation will sponsor the annual Food Festival on the Town Green on Saturday, June 15th beginning at 12pm. We have also added a Corn Hole Tournament and a free concert!
- The Food Festival will feature food trucks with many different varieties and foods. Food Trucks such as Munchies, Uncle D’s, Classic Scoop, Cake Batter and Roll, Supreme Hot Dogs, Szabos Seafood, JR”s Lemonade, Oz –n- Bones and Greekin’ Out will be available.The free community concert will feature the “Leaf Jumpers”. To register, or for more information, please go to www.colchesterct.gov (to the Parks and Recreation page), or call the office at (860) 537-7297.
Last Digital Backpack