GRADUATION 2019 UPDATE:
I am writing this memo to all parents and caregivers of the members of the Class of 2019. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for Thursday is not favorable for an outdoor graduation; therefore, we will be holding graduation in the Gymnasium on Thursday, June 13th at 6pm. Despite an indoor graduation, it will still be a beautiful event filled with great memories honoring the class’ accomplishments. As you plan for this with your family, please consider the following details:
- Each graduate will only have four tickets for admission. Those tickets are yellow and say “Outdoor/Indoor Ticket.” Any person who shows up with a blue Outdoor only ticket will be turned away. This is non-negotiable as fire code, safety guidelines, and the general comfort of everyone in the Gym dictates this limitation. Babies and small children in laps DO count in the 4 guest limit.
- Each graduate will also receive three white tickets marked “Outdoors/Auditorium”. Guests who arrive with those tickets are welcome to sit in the air-conditioned Auditorium only and watch graduation as we live-stream it onto the large screen. This is an excellent option for guests who may have mobility and/or handicap needs. There will be designated handicap parking spots in the front row of the parking lot in front of the Auditorium.
- Handicap parking will be located in the small parking lot behind the Gym. There are only 58 spots available for that purpose. The requested drop-off passes may be used in that location. The handicap entrance into the Gym will be on the left side of the Gym by the portable classrooms.
- We do not want graduates driving themselves to graduation. Please drop them off by the auditorium no later than 4:45pm. This helps free up parking spaces for others, and we feel it would be unsafe for those graduates who will be attending Project Grad to drive home in the morning after being up all night.
- Seniors will line up in alphabetical order in the art/tech ed wing, where they will have flowers pinned on gowns.
- Do not iron gowns - hang near a steamy shower. Cap decorations must be tasteful and appropriate, and nothing may hang from it other than the tassel.
- Due to space and visibility constraints in the Gym, we ask that any guests who are bringing balloons or large bouquets of flowers for their graduates to leave them in the lobby on the provided tables. There will be staff members available to assist with that.
- Due to the wet conditions, we are asking all guests to park in designated parking spots or utilize the provided shuttle service from JJIS. Please refrain from parking on the grass for safety and damage-control reasons.
- Student Council will be selling Bacon Academy swag in the Auditorium lobby. If you’d like to buy yourself or your graduate something nice, please bring cash or a check with you.
With the support and cooperation of everyone attending, I am sure it will be a special evening for our graduates and their families, and I will continue to be a #ProudBAPrincipal!
Graduation Letter and Packet of Information attached here
Graduation (First Ever) Walk Information attached here
~Graduation (First Ever) Walk - May 28th
~Senior BBQ on May 30th.
~Senior Trip to Block Island on May 31st.
~Graduation rehearsals: June 11th, 12th, and 13th. Work is NOT an excuse!
~Graduation is June 13th